• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2014-07-17, 09:46 PM   #3841
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

It's official. DOTM Buster Prime is THE BEST TRANSFORMER EVER.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 09:50 PM   #3842
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
It's official. DOTM Buster Prime is THE BEST TRANSFORMER EVER.
Word.

Also, Abomini #22 and #23 showed up today.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 10:09 PM   #3843
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Was there a US equivalent of Buster Prime? I vaguely remember looking for something when those toys were on the shelf, but don't recall now.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 10:21 PM   #3844
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Nope, it was a Japan exclusive, super-premium repaint that also has fuel tanks that can come off and form a gun. It was released by itself (with a mouth and white pin stripes around the flames) and in a two-pack with Jetfire (with a faceplate and blue pin stripes around the flames) in late 2009. They re-released the two pack in DOTM packaging a couple of years ago.

Lots of pictures: Buster one, Buster two.

Old 2014-07-19, 01:12 AM   #3845
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

A few months behind schedule, but my BBTS preorder finally came in.

Iron Factory EX-01 Dinoarmor and Rifle upgrade kit for FoC Grimlock: As much as I love the FoC Grimlock figure, he's always had the same problem. Namely, a big hollow space in his chest in Dino mode. We could also go into the fact that his legs are basically locked into place, but since I rarely transform him, it's not that big a complaint. The only thing I had a problem with was as much as he looks like an update of the original G1 Grimmy, he's too...... well, svelte. The EX-01 upgrade kit solves both the hollow chest and the svelte problems, as the armor plates form the Dino mode chest and are on little ball jointed arms to fold out and replicate G1 Grimmy's wings. As for the gun, it's a good try, but the grip is a bit too narrow for his hand, so it's really loose.

I also picked up Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. I like the figure, although the arms are a bit fiddly when you transform him. My only real complaint is that, for an evasion mode, he looks awfully shiny and new. And the big Autobot emblems on his sides shouldn't attract any attention at all......

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 09:24 AM   #3846
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Found a AOE Generations Scorn last Sunday, decided to pick him up.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 07:08 PM   #3847
HotShot81
Triple Changer

Canada, Land of Ice and Snow

I found TFP: BH Prowl & Rachet deluxe size for . . . $10!!!!

(If memory serves Prowl is also Ultra rare right?)

HotShot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 07:28 PM   #3848
Blackjack
Micromaster

I dunno about the rest of the world, but there are a couple of Prowls shelfwarming in the local stores. There are less of him compared to the sea of Lazerbacks, Arcees, Skystalkers and Knock Outs, though.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 03:04 AM   #3849
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot81 View Post
I found TFP: BH Prowl & Rachet deluxe size for . . . $10!!!!

I saw exactly 2 Prowls where I live, both in a special holiday 2 pack at Walmart. I ended up with a TFP BH Bulkhead as his pack in partner. There may of been more, but I didn't see them.

Thunderwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 04:03 AM   #3850
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot81 View Post
I think he was reasonably common in Canada, actually. As much so as any last-wave figure in any line ever is, anyway. I seem to recall he was harder to find in other parts of the world than he was here (I know he was around a lot in Manitoba, going by the sightings threads on other forums, though I only saw him a couple times myself).

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 04:37 PM   #3851
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Prowl can also be found doing time on clearance in the UK at the moment too. He seems to be 1 per case, judging by the assortments on the shelves in Home Bargains.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 06:06 PM   #3852
Clay

Murray, KY

Here in the US, he was nowhere to be found during normal distribution, but when the time to remainder all of the Beast Hunters stuff came, it was easy to find Prowl attached to another deluxe for a buy one / get one deal.

Old 2014-07-21, 12:17 AM   #3853
HotShot81
Triple Changer

Prowl is hard to find here, so I am happy. (Nothing wrong with that is there?)

I admit Target has some nice TFP: BH bots, but I am not paying $16 & $30 a shot, when Wal-Mart is selling the same series for half of that. No wonder the trade papers are predicting that Target will soon leave Canada.

Old 2014-07-21, 06:56 PM   #3854
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Warbot Assaulter and Scoria. Need deeper shelves. Again, I do like that the Scoria transformation allows for the dino legs to be on the outside in robot mode...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 03:05 PM   #3855
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

A couple of months ago, I managed to break the arm off the Legends class Demolishor (part of Devastator). This kindly agitated me as I've consistently played with the set since its release five years prior. But one twist in the wrong direction and SNAP. I managed to reconnect his arm with glue and melting it a bit, and he now works fine as a single robot, but it can't support the weight of Scrapper for the combined mode. So the search for a replacement began... as I say, it took a couple of months! Individual listings for specific Legends Constructicons are few and far between, and I never could find Demolishor by himself, at least not in red.

But yesterday, this guy arrived!

That's Shangai attack Demolishor. He was an exclusive giveaway figure at Toys R Us Japan back in 2010. Never thought I'd bother with tracking one down (he was a tad expensive!), and I put off deciding on him for a replacement for a couple of months (he was a tad expensive!), but I didn't really want to buy a complete other set just for the sake of one broken arm.

But what's really funny is where he came from... Shangai! So I have a Shanghai attack Demolishor from Shanghai. Neat! Devastator is colored a bit differently now, but it's good to have him back together:

Old 2014-07-22, 10:00 PM   #3856
HotShot81
Triple Changer

Been looking for Shrapnel & Reflector, and Tailgate & Groundbuster, and after 10 hour day at work, I found them on the way home.

Old 2014-07-23, 08:13 PM   #3857
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

FP Riftshot & Recoiler, who with the aid of a screwdriver and a twist-tie make a very good Rack'n'Ruin... although have to say they're a bit floppy. As is "Broadside" with the legs the way around they came; he's much more stable as pictured, touch wood.

Now, if we could just get that iGear Impactor...

http://i.imgur.com/Wfo2Ohf.jpg

Old 2014-07-23, 08:50 PM   #3858
Clay

Murray, KY
Red face

WRECKERS.

What gun is Sandstorm holding?

Old 2014-07-23, 08:55 PM   #3859
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
What gun is Sandstorm holding?
I could easily be wrong but it looks like this, which seems likely as Springer is holding what I think is another piece of that set.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 10:08 PM   #3860
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Yeah, the Rain Storm kit has two guns in it.