• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-01-11, 10:44 PM   #61
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
More's the pity. I could actually go for a reissue set of Coneheads.
My thoughts were similar, at least until I remembered how much I hate the G1 seekers I already own. Then I was happy that it will probably cost too much for me to ponder buying and then regretting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
And a titan class combiner wars Devastator has been found in TRU Canada's listing system.

"Supposedly" six voyager sized constructicons.
The six-Voyagers rumour has been circling around ever since the Combiner Wars stuff was first revealed. I imagine we'll find out for sure in about a month at this year's NY Toy Fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
I dunno, $80 seems alright to me, but Hasbro's earlier reissue set has been pricy on the aftermarket for about 3 years now and whilst this RRP might seem daft, it still seems reasonable - that's what, 50 - about the same as the Takara Bookbox set and previous Hasbro Outing cost over here. Are folk just upset becasue they're now just having to pay UK prices...?
Don't forget that if it's $80 in the US, it's in all likelihood going to be 80 in the UK...

And people are upset (or at least confused) because Hasbro sold the same set for $40 barely five years ago and it didn't exactly fly off the shelves for that price. Honestly I'm surprised they're reissuing them at all, at least so soon. If anything, with combiners being the big theme of this year's line you'd think they'd trot out Devastator or Bruticus or whichever other combiner molds haven't been completely destroyed. Well, not the Seacons since BBTS is still trying to get rid of the last run, or the Predacons since they did them last year (and that was some poor planning, IMO). But any of the others.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 11:36 PM   #62
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
My thoughts were similar, at least until I remembered how much I hate the G1 seekers I already own. Then I was happy that it will probably cost too much for me to ponder buying and then regretting.
Oh, I know the jet mold is probably the weakest of the Diaclone lot, but I like the differentiation the Coneheads embody. But I don't like it enough to pay a premium for it.

Quote:
And people are upset (or at least confused) because Hasbro sold the same set for $40 barely five years ago and it didn't exactly fly off the shelves for that price.
Less than that, even... I think I paid $35 or even $30 for the set at full price. They didn't hang around here to go on clearance, though.

Quote:
Well, not the Seacons since BBTS is still trying to get rid of the last run, or the Predacons since they did them last year (and that was some poor planning, IMO). But any of the others.
Are they really still trying to peddle of Seacon sets? I might look into some extra sets if they're cheap enough... They are back up to full price.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 09:33 AM   #63
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Quote:
Don't forget that if it's $80 in the US, it's in all likelihood going to be 80 in the UK....
Heh. This is true. I wish this didn't happen. I'd love to hear retailers justification for this $1 = 1 mentality...

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 11:32 AM   #64
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Heh. This is true. I wish this didn't happen. I'd love to hear retailers justification for this $1 = 1 mentality...

They saw you coming:

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 06:54 PM   #65
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Are they really still trying to peddle of Seacon sets? I might look into some extra sets if they're cheap enough... They are back up to full price.
Would need to check I can round up the pieces, but I've got a set I'd cheerfully swap for something.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 10:57 PM   #66
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
They saw you coming:
Round my way, you can't move for these fecking vintage shops and the cretins that populate them.

Quite possibly my favourite Harry Enfield sketch

Old 2015-01-13, 03:17 AM   #67
Clay

Murray, KY

More evidence of Generations Devastator continues to trickle out. Apparently he's showing up in Canadian retail systems now.

Of course, in all likelihood, we'll get a full reveal at the upcoming New York Toy Fair at the end of the month, but still... little bits here and there are intriguing.

Old 2015-01-13, 03:27 AM   #68
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Ohhhh, I wasn't bothered about Metroplex, but I'd go for a decent Devastator. The only reason I never pumped for the reissue was because the odds weren't great of getting a Mixmaster with a head.

Old 2015-01-15, 06:06 AM   #69
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

And what's all this about a Trypticon reissue anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
https://www.facebook.com/transformer...type=1&fref=nf

The comments thread is full of 3P photos and geewunners. I swear this fandom needs ****ing culling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
*snip*
TF has the most entitled fandom. It's also, y'know, facebook. It's not exactly a collective of the great thinkers of our time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Ohhhh, I wasn't bothered about Metroplex, but I'd go for a decent Devastator. The only reason I never pumped for the reissue was because the odds weren't great of getting a Mixmaster with a head.
How common even was the headless Mixmaster issue?

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 10:25 AM   #70
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

My Encore had a head.

Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 01:14 PM   #71
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro View Post
How common even was the headless Mixmaster issue?
Quite a few had the issue, I think - I recall some vendors (TF Source maybe) offering an option where they would open up the boxes and check the contents before shipping.

However, the problem was confined to the original release. The second, toon-accurate version (purple drum on Mixmaster, different combined head, black forearms) was unaffected.

So if you do still want an Encore Devvy, you'll be safe with the animation version.

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 02:37 PM   #72
Warcry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro View Post
And what's all this about a Trypticon reissue anyway?
Also Blaster and Perceptor, if you believe the rumours. That would make for a pretty heavy year of reissues, considering the way Hasbro usually trickles out one or two at a time.

Old 2015-01-15, 03:09 PM   #73
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Also Blaster and Perceptor, if you believe the rumours. That would make for a pretty heavy year of reissues, considering the way Hasbro usually trickles out one or two at a time.
If I remember the various posts properly, I'm pretty sure most of that info (specifically on the re-issues) is coming out of Hong Kong. Makes me think some of this info pertains to Hasbro Asia exclusives as opposed to normal releases. Just a guess though

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 09:56 PM   #74
Clay

Murray, KY

More (same?) info coming from an event in Hong Kong

Echoes some rumors that we've heard before (Titan Devastator, reissue Coneheads and Trypticon), but also gives us some potential bits about the next Masterpiece figures from Takara: Ironhide and/or Tracks?

Old 2015-01-20, 10:03 PM   #75
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Looks like a badly translated Tracks with Raul figure and Blaster tape mode accessory.

And Ironhide later in the year, although less verified.

Titan Devastator [rough test shot] on site, tons of platinum/encore reissues.

If those are platinum reissues, say hello to a 200 USD Trypticon. If 3 scout class Insecticons go for close to 100 USD, I'd dread the much larger Trypticon.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 03:39 AM   #76
Clay

Murray, KY

Yeah, based on the Insecticons' price, Trypticon would be wacky-stupid expensive. That's bad. On the bright side, Hasbro are at least moving away from the same small pool of 1984/1985 molds that they keep re-reissuing. The other rumor is about a reissue of Blaster and Perceptor which were just reissued... five years ago? Seems a bit bizarre to retread them so soon.

Old 2015-01-21, 03:30 PM   #77
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

That's a shame, as I'd be up for a Trypticon.

Old 2015-01-21, 04:36 PM   #78
Warcry

Honestly, with the way Trypticon's prices have gone up over the years I think a lot of people would be up for it even at $200.

Oh, and just to underscore how silly the $80 Insecticons are...didn't Hasbro reissue Predaking for around $120 just last year? Considering how each individual Predacon uses nearly as much plastic as all three Insecticons combined, it's a surprise they didn't try to sell them for double that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
If I remember the various posts properly, I'm pretty sure most of that info (specifically on the re-issues) is coming out of Hong Kong. Makes me think some of this info pertains to Hasbro Asia exclusives as opposed to normal releases. Just a guess though
That would make sense too, since Hasbro has done exclusives for the Asian market before. A lot of that stuff eventually came out in the west too, but not all of it.

Old 2015-01-22, 05:47 AM   #79
Warcry

Also, for those unhappy with the random new characters crammed into Superion and Menasor, apparently Slingshot and Wildrider are coming later.

Slingshot is a redeco of Firefly with a new head, if the Japanese release is anything to go by, so presumably Wildrider will be based on Dead End or Breakdown.

Old 2015-01-22, 07:34 AM   #80
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Pretty fiendish of them to announce that after folks have forked out for the new guys.

Presumably Slingshot will be getting better from being dead in the comics.