Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Thanks Sugartits

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 09:38 AM   #202
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Thanks Sugartits
This amuses me greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Not sure what I think of Devastator really. I think I'd need to see one in the flesh.
Same. (You're right about those Tonka trucks, too.)

Last edited by Sades; 2015-02-27 at 10:04 AM.
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 01:30 AM   #203
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Personally I thought the earlier and individual pics looked better than this;

https://www.facebook.com/masterforce...e=1&permPage=1

http://i.imgur.com/PYxc4wO.jpg

Will be sticking with a V2 KO Hercules and official head upgrade kit plus modified digger attachment, I think.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 05:36 AM   #204
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

*shrug*

I still want him...

Old 2015-03-05, 05:17 PM   #205
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Noticeably little kibble there. But that's pretty authentic to the original toy and how the character's been animated/drawn, and was clearly probably the right decision for the main audience.

Raises interesting possibilities about someone copying and downsizing, though.

Old 2015-03-05, 10:09 PM   #206
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Loving the box art with the hilarious shrunken head

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 10:37 PM   #207
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

I'm on the fence about CW Optimus. There's been a lot of conjecture about extra limb-bots, like Masquerade repaints or Slingshot. Have any of these been confirmed for US retail? I'm more likely to want an extra combiner torso if there'll be extra limbs to go with him.

Is there likely to be an Ultra Magnus repaint? I already have far more Optimus toys than UMs, and would prefer an UM. But, there's already an Ultra Magnus coming out, and the Ultra Prime moniker/gestalt head make me wonder if this is the CW Ultra Magnus tribute.

Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 12:52 AM   #208
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
I'm on the fence about CW Optimus. There's been a lot of conjecture about extra limb-bots, like Masquerade repaints or Slingshot. Have any of these been confirmed for US retail? I'm more likely to want an extra combiner torso if there'll be extra limbs to go with him.
They've shown up in US store listings, which is about as confirmed as things get nowadays barring an official Hasbro news release. We probably won't know for sure until BotCon, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post
Is there likely to be an Ultra Magnus repaint? I already have far more Optimus toys than UMs, and would prefer an UM. But, there's already an Ultra Magnus coming out, and the Ultra Prime moniker/gestalt head make me wonder if this is the CW Ultra Magnus tribute.
There's been rumours that one might come out, but with the Leader coming soon and the figure already being remolded into Motormaster I'd be surprised if it happened any time soon.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 04:46 PM   #209
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Thanks, Warcry. I did pick up CW Optimus. There's some minor QC issues with the paint, a small spot of grey in the midst of red, and two bubles on the roof. Other than that, he's a decent figure with a few minor flaws in each mode. I'm hopeful that most of them will stand out less with Motormaster's more unified color scheme.

The truck looks great and rolls well; the only issue is the combined mode chest on the back sticking out. The bot has a small head, though you can flip out the gestalt head and use that instead. It's a little oversized, but not by much. The torso mode is the weakest. The head sits on a flat piece that folds out, but doesn't sit flush against the body, so you see a gap between the head and torso.

The decision to make the Legends figure optional means the torso has to work with or without it. Both versions look OK, but I think if they'd commited to one, they could have made that one look better than either look now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack 'n Ruin View Post
On the subject of the "Masquerade" team, I think I have a fairly good idea of the mould choices.

Mirage = Drag Strip
Prowl = Streetwise (the light bar mod being for the Dead End mould swings it away from the Lambo)
Sunstreaker = Breakdown
Ironhide = First Aid

Hopefully all with new heads, of course. Anyone have any other thoughts?
The Optimus combined mode is refered to as Ultra Prime, and the head looks like a hybrid of Optimus Prime's and Ultra Magnus'. Maybe they'll do blue and white limbs to match UM's, like Mirage, Jazz, and Tracks. Gears is blue and red instead of blue and white, but red still works for UM, so he might work as the Offroad repaint.

Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 11:32 PM   #210
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Here are the Reissue Coneheads for the curious.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 09:14 AM   #211
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Nice. Saw Kapow have the reissue Insecticons for 40, which is pretty much what the last reissue set cost.

Old 2015-03-24, 11:42 PM   #212
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-182346/

YAY.

http://i.imgur.com/qTFB8aO.jpg

Old 2015-03-25, 01:12 AM   #213
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Ah crap now I have to wait to get those instead of the helicopter and off-road things.

Old 2015-03-25, 02:27 AM   #214
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Woot! I'm happier about these then I should be.

Not that there is anything wrong with Alpha Bravo. He's a neat toy, and stand in, all on his own.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 03:14 PM   #215
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

The more I've played with with Off Road, the more I think 'what are you doing with the Stunticons?'. Aesthetically, he's quite slender and tough looking. The rest of the Stunticons are these slick looking cars that turn into portly mis-shapen blocks and he looks out of place with them. So I'll go for Brake-Neck (like what they've done there) and skip Quickslinger...as he looks like a slightly feeble Firefly retool/ repaint.

Old 2015-03-25, 06:16 PM   #216
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Ah crap now I have to wait to get those instead of the helicopter and off-road things.
No. NO.

JKIDGAF

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 06:48 PM   #217
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with Alpha Bravo. He's a neat toy, and stand in, all on his own.
Yeah, but will be happy to have a decent standalone CW figure separate from Superion...

Old 2015-03-25, 07:51 PM   #218
Warcry

Glad that they made them for those who want to make their combiners G1-accurate. I wonder if the combined modes will look better or worse with symmetrical limbs? I doubt Superion will look much different honestly, since Slingshot and Alpha Bravo have the same colour schemes.

Wildrider is at least a bit different from Offroad, and the mold looks a lot nicer than it did as Dead End. Love the new head, too! Slingshot not so much...he just looks like a duller Fireflight.

Info seems to be foggy when it comes to how these will actually be sold, though. Are they online exclusives, or is that just a few fans jumping to conclusions?

Old 2015-03-26, 10:05 PM   #219
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

I was looking at my Superion and now that we are getting a Slingshot I can't help but to feel like that kid growing up. The one with three guys from one combiner team and two limbs from other random teams tacked on to form one combiner because they couldn't complete a set.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 04:07 PM   #220
Warcry

A whole bunch of new CW listings have popped up at TFW. Combaticons aren't a surprise, but some of the other stuff? A bit more of one.