• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-05-25, 01:09 PM   #241
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
My hope with Typticon is that they kept the internal motor for the various gimmicks, although knowing Hasbro it's a 50/50 chance there.
The front of the box has a note for requiring batteries, so I'd say that it's a safe bet that we can all have Trypticon races in the future.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 01:43 PM   #242
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I'd be up for a Trypticon. The walking gimmick is cute That box art is awesome. The only thing that bothers me, is that like the other platinum reissues, I can see the box being preposterously large for no good reason.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 03:15 PM   #243
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
The front of the box has a note for requiring batteries, so I'd say that it's a safe bet that we can all have Trypticon races in the future.
YES! Now I'll have to get one and have it chase after my cat.

After this I'll just need to track down a Fort Max, reissue or not. I've got a G1 Skorpinok coming to me at some point in the near future as payment for services rendered so that would complete the set of citybots.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 04:39 PM   #244
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

I'm rather tempted by good old Trypty, mainly to pair him with the re-issue Metroplex I picked up some years ago. I don't care about the 2 and a half points of articulation or whatever, doesn't matter. My main concern is if he's got the electronics, and to a less extent the price. No motor, no sale.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 04:56 PM   #245
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

As Clay pointed out, there are signs for batteries on the front of the box, so motor action and/or sound effects are a given.

Much love and awe about city bots I see--generally never have been a fan of bases/city bots...the sole exception is that I liked the MP10 trailer

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 07:29 PM   #246
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
As Clay pointed out, there are signs for batteries on the front of the box, so motor action and/or sound effects are a given.
Stupid thread decided to roll over to a new page right before his post and I never noticed till right now, so I totally missed that reply. Good news then.

Now my only concerns are price, and release date. Though from the picture over at TFW, I'm curious about the colors. Maybe it's my monitor, or the lighting and/or camera they used, but the purple and teal parts look a touch odd. After those oddball color schemes they picked for that recent Astrotrain and Blitzwing set, I don't take the colors for granted anymore

Old 2015-05-25, 07:46 PM   #247
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Thumbs up

\o/ !!!

Though I bought an old one last yearish for like $60 or something. But yeah... He's so nice. I'd buy him twice.

As long as the colour bullshit mentioned above me ^^ right therelike isn't too off.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 10:17 PM   #248
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

And we now have a back of box pic. It specifically calls out the walking feature. While the battery thing on the front was enough, this just cements it.

Good pictures of bot and city mode on the back too (with a smaller pic of the battle station mode). Looks like the proper color scheme, though I'm not certain the shades are exactly right. Might be that the pic I was using to compare to isn't the best representation.

Very very tempting

Old 2015-05-25, 10:44 PM   #249
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
Looks like the proper color scheme, though I'm not certain the shades are exactly right. Might be that the pic I was using to compare to isn't the best representation.
Lots of things can muddle colors in pictures, especially in a picture of a picture. Lighting, camera quality, photoshopping of the original image, and so on. I'll probably wait for better photos of the thing itself before I decide.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 11:00 PM   #250
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
Lots of things can muddle colors in pictures, especially in a picture of a picture. Lighting, camera quality, photoshopping of the original image, and so on. I'll probably wait for better photos of the thing itself before I decide.
I know.
There's 3 pictures currently: One of the front of the box with the art, one with the front flap open showing Trypticon and his accessories, and one of the back of the box.

It was the one showing the toy in package that had me thinking the colors might be off. But I was using the pic of Trypticon from the Wiki as a reference, which upon checking turns out to be a scan from the Generations book. Which explains the apparent color differences (Wiki pic looks a little washed out).
So nothing to really worry about.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trypticon-reissue-boxart.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	10749   Click image for larger version

Name:	trypticon-reissue-boxback.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	10750   Click image for larger version

Name:	trypticon-reissue-toy.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	10751  
Old 2015-05-25, 11:21 PM   #251
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
If I were you I'd wait until Kapow gets their in/up for preorder, for shipping within Europe etc. That would avoid all customs charges
I'm not seeing any of the other Platinum reissues on Kapow tho, pre-order or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
The only thing that bothers me, is that like the other platinum reissues, I can see the box being preposterously large for no good reason.
Other than for the purposes of display. The original was in a kind of semi-transformed state in the packaging so it'd take as little space as possible, wasn't it?

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 08:19 AM   #252
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Kapow are pretty much sold out on the Platinum reissues. I think they're doing restocks of the Insecticons and Coneheads, but (I've been told), the Blitzwing and Astrotrain set was produced in lower numbers (presumably due to the choice of colours) and they are unable to get any further stock of that set. Which is annoying, as all other UK retailers don't have it either, and ebay prices are a bit steep (70 +).

Trypticon did come split down the middle in his original box (which was a hefty, but sensible size), but these new reissues come in boxes that are insanely large in comparison to the toys inside. I'll try get some pics when my camera battey has finished cooking. I'm not a fan of wasteful packaging.

Old 2015-05-27, 11:06 AM   #253
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Oh look, it's out of stock on kapow already.

Old 2015-05-27, 01:42 PM   #254
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

...am i reading that right - a pre-order is out of stock...?

Old 2015-05-27, 02:23 PM   #255
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Probably same as "sold out". It's not letting me pre-order it, that's for sure.

EDIT: Robotkingdom has him for pretty much the same price, but RK ships from HK, so there's that customs issue...

Last edited by Tetsuro; 2015-05-28 at 01:18 AM.
Old 2015-06-02, 01:43 AM   #256
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Well that would explain that - according to Kapow's facebook page, they only had 60 units available to begin with.

Old 2015-06-04, 01:57 AM   #257
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Toys R Us has listings now for Quickslinger and Brake-Neck. Brake-Neck makes me think the colors are mis-adjusted on my monitor. Looks like a terrible digibash.
I think Brake-Neck's just a bad photo. Other pics make his colors look pretty decent. I am a bit bummed that they based him off the Dead-End version of the mold. If BN had been based on the Streetwise retool, it would have added a bit more variety to the Stunticons.

Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-09, 08:56 PM   #258
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Probably old news, but according to Seibertron.com, the UK won't be getting Combiner Wars wave 2, and will be skipping to wave 3.

Prediction: Cyclonus will be a shelfwarmer.

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 07:06 PM   #259
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Sigh. Once, the UK was a shoe-in for at least waves 1 & 2 of most TF lines. I wonder if anyone at these Hasbro distribution hubs thinks about product assortments and what's been released where and whatnot. It would be interesting to find out the thought process that goes into these decisions.

I'll bet there'll be a fair few consumers annoyed that they can't complete Superion in his proper form. Or Menasor at all. One Stunticon. Cheers Hasbro, I'd give you a round of applause but you only shipped one of two hands to your European markets, so I cannot do clapping.

I'll bet wave 2 will show up at the usual clearance outlets then as 'grey imports' (whatever that means. I read someone using that on this forum and it sounded all clever, knowledgeable and fancy so I am using it also to pretend I am also clever, but am probably using it out of context), like all those other US packaged TFs that have shown up over here since 2009-ish.

Old 2015-06-10, 08:14 PM   #260
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I must say, depending on your viewpoint, this either sucks or it does not matter.

It does not matter if you buy online anyway, as you'd have gotten most of these dudes from an online store/US anyway.

It sucks if you are a child and looking forward to completing a set. I still remember the very bitter taste of realizing I could not get a G1 Megatron way back then [not a part of the gold heroes reissues in Europe in the 90ies], or realizing that the last waves of BW transmetals and TMII never made it to Greece. Thought bittersweet, combiner wars does endorse mix and matching...

The fact that they actually mixed the combiner limbs though is silly...now some folk are permanently stuck with a near complete Superior and a very incomplete Menasor...

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote