• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2015-08-21, 08:54 AM   #201
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

So basically this is like Yellow Sideswipe, a "Just in case we can't work it out" placebo?

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 09:34 AM   #202
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

It's nice that Takaratomy are taking the time to do homages to packaging flubs instead of wasting their energy on something inconsequential like, I dunno, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Windcharger, Ramjet or Carnivac.

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 09:43 AM   #203
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

I shall call him... G2 Hubcap.

Old 2015-08-21, 09:48 AM   #204
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

And they're sorted for blue, white and black redecos, so the moulds are likely to see quite a lot of use.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 09:54 AM   #205
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Are eHobby still a thing?

"This Bumble, in a slightly different shade of yellow with his usually-black parts rendered in the same hue, is a reference to one frame in a season 2 episode where Bumble appeared to have been slightly miscoloured in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. However we can now exclusively reveal this to be a completely different character with a name we haven't decided on yet and his own bio that explains he was invisible the rest of the time. You should definitely buy him."

Old 2015-08-21, 04:39 PM   #206
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

I wonder what sort of an exclusive accessory he'll come with.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 07:10 PM   #207
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro View Post
I wonder what sort of an exclusive accessory he'll come with.
Clearance stickers.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 07:13 PM   #208
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Need to be able to fav posts...

Old 2015-08-22, 08:00 AM   #209
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Clearance stickers.
Oh you.

Old 2015-08-22, 03:07 PM   #210
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Red Bumble appears to be a satelite shop [however that's called] exclusive. Cybertron Satellite.

First preorder up here

I am in two minds about this. One one hand, it's [relatively] cheap, and it's a great mould.

On the other hand, I worry it will join the ranks of Exhaust and G2 Bee as "figure I transformed twice, put back in the box and stored away".

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 03:42 PM   #211
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Psst! You don't have to buy it. It's not compulsory...

Old 2015-08-22, 04:04 PM   #212
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I know

I find it a bit odd that I have no qualms ignoring the likes of MP Skywarp and Thundercracker [the newer one, I have the hasbro version], but am so easy to win over with carbots repainted into non-show colours

Old 2015-08-23, 12:54 PM   #213
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Red Bumblebee was the first Transformer my wife ever bought me (when we had only recently started dating), and given she didn't really follow that up and now hates them all, the 'character' has a lot of sentimental value for me. And, of course, G1 Bumblebee was my first ever Transformer toy as a kid (yellow, mind). That all said, I doubt I would spend money on a Masterpiece version (unless it ended up on clearance). I would want it with the toy accurate face though, given it's a toy homage - the cartoon face is utterly pointless on this.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 12:02 PM   #214
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Fuller scan of said page, with full details on MP Ironhide

I can't see this being less than 10.000 yen at least. I think he's going to be MP Starscream price or so, he just has too many accessories and he is far taller than regular cars to be the same price as them.

More or less, top half of the van is uper body, bottom half becomes the legs. No release date I am afraid. With Thundrecracker and Red Bee taking up November and December [I think?], I fear we might be looking into early January for Ironhide.

Old 2015-08-25, 03:48 PM   #215
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Red Bee is a bit cynical, like Tigertrack, but there's no obligation to buy and whatever T-T have to do to keep the line profitable is fine by me. It's not like they've ignored any great ideas to do it - the more recent recolours of the original were just plain shit anyway.

Not really getting the outright hate for Ironhide; yes, he looks a bit plate-heavy but he's more interesting visually than the animation model while retaining the look. I'm not really sure what else anyone expected from a G1-inspired Ironhide. Wouldn't object to him having an inch in height on the cars either, somewhere between them and Prime would help for a display without MP-10 just towering over the rest of them.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 04:35 PM   #216
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Yeah I think Ironhide looks fine. Okay it's not perfect, nowhere near as "show accurate" as some of the other MPs, but it's acceptable enough as a representation of the character.

The Voodoo 3P one looks better, but they're a) not trying to hit a price point and b) completely unproven in the field so there's no guarantee it won't fall apart in my hand. Of course there's no guarantee of that with the MP version, but history suggests the chances are smaller.

If I've got any criticism of either design it's that they're not blocky enough. But that's probably just me.

Yeah, a bit of extra height would be good too. Big fan of how the 3P MP-style minibots have landed midway between the cars and Bumblebee. Takes the edge off the massive size difference.

Old 2015-08-25, 07:22 PM   #217
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

The colour certainly helps Ironhide; I do think it'd be very, very hard to do the big, blocky featureless animation model as a transforming toy without a budget-busting number of flipping panels. Bluntly G1 Ironhide isn't a character I've ever particularly warmed to so I can deal with a less than perfect toy at Takara prices to round out the line-up.

The scale alone means I'm probably out for any future Minibots, though. I like Bee as a toy and will probably get whatever they come up with for Cliffjumper because I should probably own a toy of the chap but the extreme tinyness means there's no way they'll be displayed next to the rest of them. It's a shame because Bee's design could quite easily scale up to about shoulder height of the main cars, cut out the extras (or make them exclusives or something) and they could still probably justify the price-tag. Basing size comparisons on the G1 cartoon is insanity; are we going to get an MP Huffer scaled to fit in MP Hoist's cab?

Okay, that would be cool, but you know what I mean.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 09:10 PM   #218
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
are we going to get an MP Huffer scaled to fit in MP Hoist's cab?
If that was intended as a reference, you got it backwards...

Old 2015-08-25, 09:25 PM   #219
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Yeah, I can't really judge where my dislike of the toy starts and my dislike of Ironhide ends.

Bumblebee gets away with being small because... well, he's Bumblebee. If other minibots try to justify the price with crap accessories because they're small, they'll be screwed.

Old 2015-08-25, 09:46 PM   #220
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
YYeah, a bit of extra height would be good too. Big fan of how the 3P MP-style minibots have landed midway between the cars and Bumblebee. Takes the edge off the massive size difference.
Took a rubbish picture to illustrate for anybody who doesn't know.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150825_224501.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	374.0 KB
ID:	10825