• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2016-03-31, 02:01 AM   #501
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
Kapow's FB says they're getting some in May. No preorders though as they don't know how much stock they'll get.
I messaged Kapow about CW Groove the other day; they got back to me with the vague answer that preorders would be going up "soon", but didn't elaborate further. RobotKingdom and PremiumCollectibles - the only two sites I've been able to find that actually had preorders available on the day - naturally sold out within hours. BBTS gave a similarly-vague answer as Kapow, and TFSource has yet to comment. None of the UK online retailers has a listing yet. =/

glazios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 02:03 PM   #502
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

BotCon 2016 reveals and better looks are already announced stuff are coming in... I like that the displays have stuck with a play pattern of "free for all" which is actually far closer to reality. And that the colours and alt-modes are all very colourful mid-G1 stuff... can forsee some impulse purchases if this stuff makes it to shelves over here.

In fact, beyond a growing army of Skullcrunchers, I can see me displaying some stuff in alt mode, which is a rarity. And it'll probably be 3P stuff.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/08/b...-images-312762

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0310201&type=3

http://i.imgur.com/14tJyYU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6SYhWwC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/m8JbsF4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/p4I3zCL.jpg

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 03:54 PM   #503
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

That Astrotrain looks pretty cool. Mindwipe! That's a definite must have for me, although the bat mode looks oddly anorexic. Ooh and there's a Weirdwolf too! Yay! Decepticon Headmasters F.T.W!

I really hope these do make it to toy shelves here. Ordering online is easytimes, but I like the simple of joy of finding a cool thing in a shop.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 09:39 PM   #504
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Big fan of them doing the Decepticon HMs. Not overly in love with the designs, but it's great they're dusting off the characters.

Teaser images for CW LioKaiser and also a new version of Flywheels.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cw liokaiser.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	11070   Click image for larger version

Name:	flywheels.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	11071  
Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 10:02 PM   #505
Ryan F
hunts pandas for lolz

Quote:
Big fan of them doing the Decepticon HMs. Not overly in love with the designs, but it's great they're dusting off the characters.

Teaser images for CW LioKaiser and also a new version of Flywheels.
Flywheels? Heard that was supposed to be Overlord...

Ryan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 10:15 PM   #506
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK

Pfft. Why on earth would it be Overlord?

Old 2016-04-10, 02:06 AM   #507
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/09/b...-images-313279

Weirdwolf looks kind of goofy but their Highbrow is neat.

http://i.imgur.com/eeSulMS.jpg

Load of other stuff as well, including an Alpha Trion that for some reason latches onto his previously used Aslan alt mode...

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/09/c...-images-313728

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/09/t...-images-313729

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/09/t...-images-313730

Old 2016-04-10, 02:10 AM   #508
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Wait...they are doing a Flywheels toy? I thought my hangover had just started making me think I was Brend earlier.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 02:41 AM   #509
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Of a sort. I like the mini Apeface better.

Old 2016-04-10, 03:28 AM   #510
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

That Highbrow looks fantastic. And as much as I roll my eyes at arbitrarily making a whole year's worth of toys into Headmasters, that Astrotrain works really well and the gimmick doesn't seem to hamper him at all. Though I've already got a white Classics Astrotrain, and what I'd really want if I got another is a cartoon-coloured one. Not sure I like it enough to pay for the inevitable dark grey Takara one, though...

Also, still a bit sad that guys like Nightbeat, Siren, Squeeeplay and now Apeface are relegated to beong just heads. Especially when there's so many non-Headmasters crammed in. I mean, I get wanting new versions of main characters like Prime, Galvatron or Blaster/Soundwave on the shelves, but I don't get choosing randoms like Scourge, Blurr or Alpha Trion and giving them the Headmaster treatment.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 04:49 AM   #511
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Red face

I'm going to buy some dollhouse miniatures, make some tiny little hats and have a tea party with those headbots.

Edit: Seriously. Those guns. I think I'm developing some sort of weird complex.

Edit2: Astrotrain's robot mode looks good. But... thaaaaat's not a train. Nonono. (yes, I am going to be one of "those people" today. itsinhisname.jpg). He is now Astrothing.

This is a pretty kick-ass setup. Not as awesome as my tea party idea, but not bad.

Edit3: I just realised that this picture makes all the tinybots look like the CUTEST LITTLE ROBOT ZOMBIES EVAR.

Last edited by Sades; 2016-04-10 at 05:21 AM.
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 09:39 AM   #512
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Nifty figures. I really like Alpha Trion, not fully convinced about Astrotrain [but like Sentinel. Yeah I don't know].

I think I read somewhere that all the standalone heads would get their own bodies at some point.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 04:03 PM   #513
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Red face

Disembodied Flywheels head is obviously the best thing in the entire range.

Old 2016-04-10, 05:16 PM   #514
Warcry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
I think I read somewhere that all the standalone heads would get their own bodies at some point.
There was speculation that Takara would do it, but based on what they've announced so far it looks like that was wishful thinking. Unless someone's pulling another Betatron on us...

It's a shame. I've never imported a main-line toy before but a new Squeezeplay would definitely force my hand if it was good.

Quote:
Disembodied Flywheels head is obviously the best thing in the entire range.
And if that tank/jet thing they teased is another Headmaster, you might even be able to paint up a body for him!

...I still can't believe that we're getting a whole year's worth of triplechanging Voyager Headmasters and Apeface isn't one of them (and no Snapdragon so far either). That's even sillier than leaving out Nightbeat or the like, because there's exactly two triplechanging Headmasters who are supposed to be that size and so far they've done neither of them. We probably won't even get a Scorponok, since he didn't win the Titan poll, even though a Leader would fit the only Scorponok to ever have a personality.

Sorry, I'll stop whining now. The Headmasters that ...are getting made are super cool, or I wouldn't be pouting so much about the ones that aren't. Hardhead, Skullcruncher and Highbrow are for-sures, and honestly if they get distributed well over here I may end up with all seven of the 1987 Deluxes. Chromedome's the only one that I'm not super happy with, but that's because Chromedome's colours suck no matter what they're on.

Old 2016-04-11, 11:03 AM   #515
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Chromedome's the only one that I'm not super happy with, but that's because Chromedome's colours suck no matter what they're on.
What he needs is a bit more chrome.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 06:25 PM   #516
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
not fully convinced about Astrotrain [but like Sentinel. Yeah I don't know].
I'm with you on that. It just looks better as Sentinel (probably because there's a less well defined/ingrained image of what that is exactly). I think Classics Astrotrain looks more Astrotrain.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 06:17 PM   #517
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Talking

http://tformers.com/huge-titans-retu...9050/news.html

Titans Return Megatron! Getaway! Sixshot! Triggerhappy! Doublecross!

****ing hell.

Old 2016-04-27, 06:47 PM   #518
Warcry

Talking

Because those guys are all Headmasters and totally need to have figures in this subline!

I mean, yay Doublecross, don't get me wrong. But if they're making Z-listers like him surely it'd make more sense to just do the proper Headmasters?

Old 2016-04-27, 06:57 PM   #519
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Fits the rumours of Getaway being a retooled/repainted Chromedome.

Little interest over the beast/triggermaster dudes, but they look nice.

Megatron looks proper awesome and way more MTMTE-esque than the Leader one from last year.

Getaway will be bought. Need to see the truck mode of Prime.

Bring on Hot Rod.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:05 PM   #520
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Because those guys are all Headmasters and totally need to have figures in this subline!

I mean, yay Doublecross, don't get me wrong. But if they're making Z-listers like him surely it'd make more sense to just do the proper Headmasters?
This doesn't engage that last point, but why is it so important that new figures retain the same gimmick as the character had last time? Or, why are these guys so intrinsically attached to their sub-gimmick that changing it is baffling whereas hypothetical toys of scramble city characters that don't combine are just fine? To me it's the same as dismissing Powermaster Prime in 1988 because Optimus wasn't originally a powermaster. To me the idea of the characters is robust enough that headmastering, combining, or whatever in a particular toy doesn't really matter.

srs qstn

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote