• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2017-07-24, 11:51 PM   #5801
HotShot81
Triple Changer

Canada, Land of Ice and Snow

HeeFrom , Hee I’ve been a busy little transformer buying beaver! Roll Call!

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Combiner Wars we have: Dragstrip & Wildbreak, and Shockdrive & Warnado! Why they couldn’t rename Shockdrive something Shark related is a crying shame.

From Transformers: The Last Knight we have that weapon loving mini bot, Autobot Sqweeks! I hear he’s due to take Bumblebee’s role at the team mute.

From Transformers Titan Return we have a load of new recruits. In no order what so ever we start with Aimless & Misfire, I see these two playing Stormtroopers in the next Star Wars film. Flameout & Twin Twist are looking for his brother, got to feel sorry for the cons when they hook up! We have the always lovely Windblade & Scorchfire, woman has a dancer’s grace, but the skills of a harden warrior. We also have those two knuckle heads Overboard & Skytread, one is so stupid because that’s the way he is, and the other loves guns so much he can’t think of anything but blasting Autobots to scrap. That’s all for now folks . . . wait we have a last minute addition to the Titan return line. He’s big! He’s Mean! He loves Headmaster-os for breakfast! He’s Trypticon! Yup, Trypticon has been found north of the 49th parallel!

Last edited by HotShot81; 2017-08-20 at 08:20 AM.
HotShot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 03:03 PM   #5802
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

TAV30 Grimlock falls into that odd category of my Transformers collection of "other", similar to a handful of other toys that are both the sole representative of their respective lines as well as fitting in neither MP or G1.

I wanted this guy for a while but his aftermarket prices turned me off (over 50 dollars on ebay, are you kidding me) and I waited forever for him to turn up on Mandarake - which he finally did - granted, he was pre-opened, but he was also 15 dollars, but even with shipping added he was still a lot cheaper than those ebay prices.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 07:03 PM   #5803
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

Came across G2 Drench and Armada Smokescreen today. Not bad.

-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 03:04 PM   #5804
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

TLK Voyager Megatron - Got him through a Facebook group a bit less than at retail.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 08:03 AM   #5805
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Titans Return Broadside w/Blunderbuss
Really pleased to finally have found something from TR Wave 4 locally And it's Broadside!And he's great!I like the huge frame this guy has, he's got some bulk, but wears it well all great big blocks of ROBOT. It's like he's one of those old Charles Atlas ads from the comics, where he got fed up of bullies kicking sand in his face and went to the gym and worked out. A lot. Articulation is good,on a par with most deluxes, but nothing to get excited about. The alt modes.. the Aircraft carrier is excellent, but I won't be pinning those tiny Aerialbots on him as I'm bound to loose them. Also, Hasbro not being arsed to paint them up, they make him look like he's covered in lice or something. The jet mode is alright - I like it - but is a bit of a clusterf88k of robo-parts with a nose cone on the front. As everyone else has said, the stickers are good, but there's no way these things are going to survive, having been put on parts that need constant handling and brush up against other parts. A bit like how Rewind's stickers are similarly doomed to failure.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 03:12 AM   #5806
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

TR Seaspray: Randomly found this little fat guy at Walmart when I stopped in. His transformation is simple and expected, but it gets the job done. He's a cute little update to the minibot he once was.

TLK Nitro: First impression of this guy is that he's big. He's bigger then the TR voyagers I have so far. He's got some heft to him as well. His joints are all nice and tight and his paint apps are crisp. I'm not sure he's worth what I paid for him yet, but I really like him. He's big, bulky, and his transformation is interesting enough to do.

TR Trypticon: The big bad himself. Snagged him at a ThinkGeek store at the local mall. Sadly he was a first run one so I had to operate on his hips, which was a pain in the butt. Speaking of a pain in the butt, holy moly Batman, those stickers. There seemed like there was a thousand of the little foil buggers. But after a few hours of fighting with the little things and preforming toy surgery, he was worth the effort. He stacks up well with Fort Max and Metroplex. His little car buddy, Full Tilt, is a full on Deluxe sized headmaster now. He sadly lacks the electronic sounds of the last two city bots. Overall I'm rather fond of the big beasty.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 07:06 PM   #5807
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
TLK Nitro: First impression of this guy is that he's big. He's bigger then the TR voyagers I have so far. He's got some heft to him as well. His joints are all nice and tight and his paint apps are crisp. I'm not sure he's worth what I paid for him yet, but I really like him. He's big, bulky, and his transformation is interesting enough to do.
Good to hear. I've got a Thunderwing head waiting for one, and whilst it'll be a decidedly overpriced toy overall it does come together in pics as if it was intended.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 03:42 AM   #5808
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Good to hear. I've got a Thunderwing head waiting for one, and whilst it'll be a decidedly overpriced toy overall it does come together in pics as if it was intended.
Good deal. When I say he's bigger, Astrotrain/Sentinel Prime is actually a touch taller at the head, but Nitro has more bulk and mass in the torso. He honestly makes the TR mold look a little thin in comparison. The more I fiddle with Nitro the more I like him.

And darn it all, I was ready to hate The Last Knight toy line and not pick up anything. Here I am two figures in and I really like them both.

Old 2017-08-03, 09:16 PM   #5809
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

HeadTitanmasters are a good way to go for movie lines in general, I think -- give people the chance to without fuss put different, more recognisable heads on them and they'd have a lot more cross-over appeal. It'd be far more of a gimmick than putting the "spare" heads onto bodies that are definitely a particular retro character.

Still pretty stoked for this one to arrive.

Old 2017-08-07, 10:53 PM   #5810
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Thanks to Warcry, I now have TR Sixshot, and he's really neat. I would say something about Revolver, but he seems to have locked himself in. He's also not as bulky as Op or Ginrai.

Now if we can just get Hasbro to not print black and white instructions on dark grey paper....

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 07:22 PM   #5811
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

TFN Haul!:

Purple MMC Rodimus: Those colours really, really work well in person. And a fun toy that really gets the swagger of the guy.

MMC Cyclonus: Yeah, basically the same. Just a great take on the IDW design.

TFN Exclusive Rune: Very faithful to the Don War Within design, meaning anyone who hates that will have no truck with this. But she's good fun on those terms.

Overlord: I bought an actual Transformer! I understand the 3P one is more Roche, but there's something hugely fun about his big blocky nature that's great. Lots of play value, looks great in all modes and isn't remotely worth the full RRP I paid for him in a moment of lust, but at a realistic price for a toy like this he'd be fab. I want Black Shadow now.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 08:10 PM   #5812
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Yeah, although I don't particularly like it as Rodimus the colour scheme looks great.

One of these is official... well, two counting Offshoot. Knew hanging onto it when I gave MP Rodimus to a cartoon fan was a good idea...

edit: Okay, on reflection (not shown) think I prefer the sides/shoulders partway in, and it is worth folding the backpack in. Those shoulder panels look shit fully down with the gap. The cartoon design is just too weedy.

http://i.imgur.com/VEoSYtq.jpg

Last edited by Denyer; 2017-08-19 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2017-08-18, 11:40 PM   #5813
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Talking

TFC Liokaiser. It's heavy.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 02:01 AM   #5814
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I found a Titans Return Misfire the other day! It's a nice figure, and very different from Triggerhappy even though they share legs (everything from the waist up is engineered, and transforms, very differently). Back in the 80s, Misfire was the first Transformer I ever bought for myself with my own money (a few days after getting Lightspeed for my birthday), so I was probably destined to fall in love with a new version of the character even if it wasn't great just for nostalgia reasons (not being a Targetmaster doesn't hurt the nostalgia in this case because young me lost Aimless down an air vent almost immediately). But I can happily say that it's a quite good figure even without that. The colours and deco are satisfyingly G1 toy accurate, but the transformation takes the lead from the character model, in particular by having the jet's dual nosecones projecting up over Misfire's shoulders instead of flipping the nose down and hiding it behind his back. It makes for a big improvement to the character's silhouette, and makes the two modes more coherent since the nosecone is the most distinctive thing going for the robot mode.

Misfire is maybe a hair better than Triggerhappy just because he doesn't have a pair of giant cannons folded onto his arms in robot mode, but they make for a great duo. Hopefully Slugslinger will make it a great trio in a few months!

Last edited by Warcry; 2017-08-19 at 02:22 AM.
Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 12:23 PM   #5815
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

TR Flintlock & Sergeant Kup - Bought locally and the packaging was a bit damaged unfortunately.

TLK Voyager Optimus Prime - Bought online from an Australian Transformers B/S/T group with the top of the box getting a bit dented in the post.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 08:52 AM   #5816
HotShot81
Triple Changer

Canada, Land of Ice and Snow

Been a slow month (or close to), but still picked up a load of bot.

From Transformers: The Last Knight we have ,Leader Class Megatron! Somehow I sense he's going to want to go after my 18 inch Optimus Prime from Transformers 3: Dark Of the Moon.

From Transformers Titan Return we have: Roadburn, poor little guy living in Bumblebee's shadow. Then the master of power himself, Dreadnut and Overlord! The final additions for the month Siege on Cybertron! A set that for the life of me I can't figure out why it says Beast Wars on the box.

HotShot81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 10:22 PM   #5817
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

TFNation Haul

I came away with a fair few things this year!

Beast Wars Fox Kids Transmetal Cheetor
Neat Red repaint of the really rather good TM Cheetor toy, which I was surprised and pleased to find (I was thinking I'd have to stomach import prices, so hooray for that). The robot mode looks amazing, whilst the cat mode just looks very angry.

Beast Machines Rapticon
Gorgeous green/gunmetal/ neon repaint of the TMII Dinobot toy. Bit of an impluse grab, but again, a figure that's quite hard to come by in the UK (most of the second year Beast Machines figures and late-wave stragglers like the Dinobots failed to make it to these shores), so I thought I'd get him whilst I could.

Classics Devastator Slegde repaint
As with Cheetor and Rapticon, I picked this up from Sid's stall. It's a repaint of the Energon Sledge figure - which was pretty good anyway - in grey, gold and neon green. Colours which shouldn't work together, but do. Makes me want the rest of the set! ...no idea of the guy's name. Possibly Bonecrusher...

From ID Toys...

Whilst everyone was interested in Octone (?), Blitzwing, Topspin, Twintwist and Misfire, I was really pleased to get my paws on

Titans Return Krok
Which is just a repaint of Skullcruncher with a new head, but it's so good! And looks better to me than Skullcruncher did.

Titans Return Quake
Again, another simple repaint which I like better than the first use of the mould. The paint on Quake's face is quite lovely too.

Titans Return Chromedome
Knightdramon went for the fancy Legends version with the Anime appropriate head, but in the end, I decided a slightly better paint job couldn't compete with the 12 the western version was going for. Especially as I was a bit indifferent on Chromedome. Turns out, he's great and the translucent wheels aren't as much of a bother as I thought.

Masterpiece Optimus Primal
Only got this guy out of his box tonight and I can see why everyone says he's great - he's great! He's a much better action figure than the original toy. Not having all the chest beating gears in his chest/ arms of the original makes a huge difference. If there is a downside, it's that I really wish that Takara wasn't so beholden to animation models. The CGI beast modes aren't bad, but they are weird looking. Primal lacking any hair texture (despite a very nice and subtle paint job), looks a bit ..polished. I went for the show version, as the newly released version that matches the original toy was 20 more, and I wasn't actually that bothered for the mace.

From a guy selling random exclusives and Vehicle Voltron

Botcon 2015 Waruder Invaders 4-Pack
Fun set of Generations T30 Waspinator repaints with the Waspinator TM that came with GT30 Legends Starscream (I think). I like the pink and black and white one best. Don't usually bother with exclusives, but these were a bargain at 15 each. The Targetmaster figures are garbage, tbh. Really rubbery, loose and wibbly, and a couple of the larger figures have one loose ankle each.

And finally, from the Spacebridge...

RID Warrior Class Skywarp
Nice Skywarp recolour of the Starscream mould.

Plus of course, THE BOOK VOLUME 2 which I've started reading.

And thank you to Denyer for the HUGE X-Force and Sleeper hardbacks

Last edited by Skyquake87; 2017-08-22 at 06:46 AM.
Old 2017-08-22, 03:51 PM   #5818
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I tracked down TR Twin Twist last night. I like him less than I I liked Topspin. His face sculpt isn't great, and turning his tank tracks into hinged shoulder kibble makes a mess of the simple Jumpstarter silhouette. Neither of those things makes him bad, but Topspin is definitely the better of the two.

Also, kinda disappointed that they didn't give him actual spinning drill bits at the front of his alt-mode. I'm not sure if the transformation would have actually allowed it or not but it would have been neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Beast Wars Fox Kids Transmetal Cheetor
Neat Red repaint of the really rather good TM Cheetor toy, which I was surprised and pleased to find (I was thinking I'd have to stomach import prices, so hooray for that). The robot mode looks amazing, whilst the cat mode just looks very angry.
I'm pretty sure I got mine from Dalek, so there were at least two of them in the UK at some point!

It's a beautiful figure, though. I've got three versions of this mold (this, the standard version and the Armada one) and something like six Cheetors in general, but this one is my favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Beast Machines Rapticon
*jealous*

Rapticon's on my want list but I don't think I've ever even seen one for sale. I mean I'm not exactly scouring eBay for him either, since I don't like to buy Transmetals unless I've seen them in person and carefully inspected the chrome, but he seems like a figure that's pretty rare everywhere.

Last edited by Warcry; 2017-08-22 at 04:03 PM.
Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 08:48 PM   #5819
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I do like my Red Cheetor Rapticon was a 'holy sh*t having that!' moment! Although, tbh, the way Beast Wars and Movie toys seemed to be the stuff a lot of sellers are stuck with, I don't think I'd have much competition.

Old 2017-08-23, 10:36 PM   #5820
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

TR Sixshot: The local Wal-Mart just got done with it's inventory and so restocked a bunch of stuff just put out leader figures, so I picked up this big guy. He's interesting to say the least. Never owned the original, so having this version is a little bit of a thrill for me. I really enjoy the idea of a 6 mode transformer even if all the modes aren't perfect.