• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2017-08-25, 02:15 AM   #5821
Tantrum
Systems Analyst

Aquidneck Island, RI, USA

Over the past month or so, I've gotten:
TR Blitzwing and Octane. Both are good, though I have trouble tabbing all of Blitzwing together in tank mode.

RiD Soundwave. I hadn't planned on getting him, but am glad I did. I just wish he came with a 2nd weapon. There's even less attempt to hide his arms in alt mode than in a CW arialbot, but it somehow works.

TLK Deluxe Megatron (TRU exclusive). This is a redo of the Deluxe stealth bomber Megatron from a few years ago, who I never got. I was confused by the oddly shaped shoulder cannon until I read that it's suposed to be rail gun. My only other movie Megs are Power Battlers Galvatron and a small 3rd movie truck with a trailer that turns into a base of some kind.

TLK Skullitron (TRU exclusive). I appear to have lucked out with mine, as I've read that most iterations of this guy (and mold mate Steelbane) have very loose joints. Mine will droop his dragon head a bit if I swoop him around, but not too badly.

TLK Hound. I wasn't that impressed with him until I gave him all of AoE Hound's weapons, too. He's got tabs in his legs for the pistols, and enough holes in his back for the handles of everything else. Now he looks like the walking armory from the movies. He's much better proportioned than AoE Hound. AoE Hound is now in vehicle mode, but without his weapons, looks like an elongated garbage truck.

TLK Scorn, who's probably my favorite movie Dinobot toy. Both modes are good, and the transformation is actually fun. I currently have him as part of a movie/TF Prime crossover setup.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinoride.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	419.4 KB
ID:	11682  

Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 07:47 AM   #5822
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

TR Topspin and Freezeout
Saw this guy at TFN and passed on him, but picked him up in Smyths and am very impressed with the figure. The transformation is fun and clever and the robot on and alt modes are great. Just a shame one of his fist holes is a tad too large so one of his guns tends to flap about like a football rattle.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 10:28 PM   #5823
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I visited a small local show on the weekend and found a few neat things.

Transmetal Terrorsaur. He's shiny! I didn't think much of him from the pictures I'd seen, colours-wise, and I'd always figured that the Armada and Beast Machines decos were nicer. But in person, the original colour scheme is a lot more detailed and eye-catching than I thought. And the mold is quite fun, with a funky silhouette, good articulation and a neat transformation. In general, it's really impressive how the Transmetals' beast modes were miles ahead of what most of the organic figures could boast.

Generations Roadbuster. He's awful! A totally irredeemable turd. Clunky, badly proportioned, poor articulation and bad arm kibble. But with the Jumpstarters, Whirl and the Triplechangers all in my collection, there was a definite Roadbuster-shaped hole in my Wreckers set. He cost less than retail and he'll look fine on the shelf but I definitely wouldn't recommend him as a standalone figure.

Takara Legends Blurr. He's beautiful! I didn't think I'd be able to find one, at least not for less than stupid prices. Well, okay, the price was maybe a little stupid, but was less stupid than what I'm seeing at the online shops that still have him in stock, and I didn't have to pay taxes or shipping, so I guess that's a win? Anyway, cost aside, he's a glorious figure. The shoulders are awkward, but otherwise the robot mode is fine and it's really obvious that he's the one they were thinking of first when they made this, not Brainstorm. The vehicle mode is just gorgeous, and the colours are fantastic all around. I'm not a big believer in Takara superiority, but sometimes they do hit one out of the park, and it's amazing how much nicer this is than the dull-as-dishwater Hasbro offering. I can't honestly say it was worth the money, but it comes pretty close. He's competing with Misfire, Triggerhappy and Topspin for the title of nicest TR Deluxe in my books, even if being a Takara product does technically disqualify him.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 10:47 PM   #5824
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

G1 Chromedome & Scourge through someone local selling a load of stuff (I got Beatmix Bumblebee for my daughter), both in excellent condition. It is staggering to believe either of these were actually considered toys even thirty years ago, let alone towards the top end of the line. Been a while since I've had any late G1 in-hand, forgotten how dreadful most of the line is. Chromedome's a glorified scaled-up Micromaster and my Christ does Scourge make an absolute meal of his transformation...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 01:42 AM   #5825
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

TFC Breastforce: Finally, after years of searching and months of mandatory overtime, I've got Liokaiser. They aren't perfect, for example, Jalgar looks far more like a Gears of War character than I think he should, but I really like the way these guys look.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 04:46 AM   #5826
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Finally got Top Spin and Twin Twist to complete my Wreckers shelf. I wish Hasbro would do an Impactor toy.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170817_192135.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	11683  
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 10:51 PM   #5827
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Mmm. Have to say they've knocked it out of the park drip-feeding Wreckers releases into the main lines. At this point wouldn't actually be surprised they could do something to challenge the MMC one.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 03:22 PM   #5828
Sunrunner
Micromaster

But still no Rack N' Ruin

Sunrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 04:14 PM   #5829
Warcry

I'd been kicking around the idea of buying TR Sky Shadow for a while, and an expiring $20 off TRU coupon finally convinced me to go for it. I'm super glad I did! At first glance I'd dismissed it as a cash-in retool of Overlord, but almost the entire jet component is unique to him. That means that he looks very distinctively like Black Shadow -- an amalgam of elements from the original toy, the anime model and the Generations toy, anyway -- from the crotch up. The legs are pretty obviously still Overlord's, though, since the tank component wasn't changed much. It's noticeable that he's missing the original's armour and hoses on his hips, but it doesn't look bad by any means. Articulation is quite good for such a big figure too, minus a waist swivel due to how the two parts of him combine.

The jet component is pretty cool, and very accurate to the original. The base mode is neat too, though it's also the most distinctly "Overlord" thing about the figure. The tank component is a disappointment, though. Aside from transforming into legs, it basically does nothing. The turret doesn't turn, and the cannon barrel can't even adjust up and down. It's pretty much a big ugly box with a TM cockpit.

Overall, he's a nice, solid Leader-class figure. Since the tank half was reused with a totally different jet for Overlord, I wonder what the odds are of the jet half (with a new head and chest) getting used with a different set of legs for a future Thunderwing. Maybe get him into the Power of the Primes line by having the big robot's legs turn into a smaller figure based on the original's inner robot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Mmm. Have to say they've knocked it out of the park drip-feeding Wreckers releases into the main lines. At this point wouldn't actually be surprised they could do something to challenge the MMC one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
But still no Rack N' Ruin
I wouldn't be surprised by either of them at this point. Hasbro's been getting progressively more and more open to making toys of anyone, and not just the usual '86 movie and earlier crowd. Impactor would be a pretty straightforward futuristic tank toy, and my only real worry with an official one is that they'd make him a Deluxe instead of the Voyager that he'd have to be to fit in visually with the rest of the team. Rack'N'Ruin is a bit more of a head-scratcher, engineering-wise, but since they're rumoured to be releasing the Duocons next year as two separate Legends figures, maybe they'd do that?

Old 2017-09-01, 07:03 PM   #5830
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

TR Sky Shadow: Found this guy for $20 at the local Walmart and couldn't pass him up at that price. I was going to skip him for Overlord but I'm glad I didn't. If anything Sky Shadow made me more excited for Overlord. He's a big chunky figure with pretty okay articulation. His jet is very "Swoosh-able" and the tank rolls decently well. The only let down is that the tank turret does not rotate, but I understand why that is. Over all I'm glad I picked this guy up.

TR Octone: Snagged him at a different Walmart because I missed Universe Tankor (Octane) the first time around and didn't feel like spending the $50 on him. Octone is...interesting. His jet mode suffers from his triple changing nature, but his other two modes are just fine. Over all I'm pleased with him and he'll be a fine addition to my triple changers line up.

TR Blitzwing: After the poor showing of Generations Blitzwing I felt a replacement was needed. Titans Return gave me one I was happy to snap up and put on my shelf. I dare say he looks better then the Generations one AND lacks the shoulder flaws of the older one.

Now all I need to do is track down a Broadside.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 02:57 PM   #5831
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

RID 2015 Skywarp - I actually liked the colors on this figure more than on the Starscream that came previously, also i can't find Starscream locally at all.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 06:35 PM   #5832
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

TR Sergeant Kup w/ Flintlock
I liked the look of Kup and am glad I picked him up. Clever transformation, pinned wheels that don't look like crap and a good robot mode. Job done. Only the fists flapping about on the truck bed area bit rubbish.

RID Bludegon
Proper colours version of the toy previously released as Blastcharge. Good figure, although as expected, the plastics don't feel quite as nice as on Blastcharge. So boo for that.

RID Thermindor
This is a superb figure let down only by the use of the soft rubber for the anntenae get snagged in the transformation which makes a bit of a mess of them. Nice design and good alt mode overall

Telemocha Beast Wars Blackarachnia
Keep forgetting to post this one and I've had it for 2 months! Found a decently affordable one finally. The toy looks so much nicer painted up like in the show, but it does kind of show up how this mould is far too bulky for Blackarachnia.

Last edited by Skyquake87; 2017-09-04 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2017-09-05, 10:29 PM   #5833
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Picked up a Titans Return Blurr after Warcry said the Takara one was nice but the Hasbro one was crap. To me, that meant the Hasbro one was fine .

Definitely agree that they had Blurr in mind first and Brainstorm was the afterthought, but that's okay. It's neat having Blurr, Hot Rod, and Kup together with the same aesthetic (as opposed to Blurr and Kup being modernized for Generations while Hot Rod was kept the same for Classics).

I'm glad that they dropped the idea of part of the vehicle becoming a sled or whatever for the heads with the later wave figures.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 03:12 PM   #5834
Warcry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Picked up a Titans Return Blurr after Warcry said the Takara one was nice but the Hasbro one was crap. To me, that meant the Hasbro one was fine .

I just can't figure out what Hasbro were going for with the colours. The Takara one is aiming for show accuracy, so it's not that, and it's not toy-accurate in the slightest either since the original toy had four very distinct shades of blue on it. Not all that close to the Marvel look, either. But whatever it's meant to be, the mold is available in six other, more exciting colour schemes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'm glad that they dropped the idea of part of the vehicle becoming a sled or whatever for the heads with the later wave figures.
I don't mind it for Blurr, actually. It's a neat take on the shield that the original toy came with, and if you don't want to use it as an accessory it folds away neatly into a backpack. I think that combining two guns into the TM sled works a lot better for most characters, though. If only because it means that Hasbro needs to give everyone two guns!

Old 2017-09-06, 04:22 PM   #5835
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Smile

Skyclown and Spacewanker! Meaning I only need Seatwat for a full complement of Beachcomber and the Dickheads.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170906_172356.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	11685  
Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 06:12 PM   #5836
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Haven't made a TF purchase in a long while, and came across TR Blitzwing. He's a good replacement of the T30 one I used to have! At first I thought his whole transformation was a little fiddly with tiny little nearly-hidden tabs, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun. Nice boxy modes make him feel like a proper refresh of an old 1980's toy.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 12:34 PM   #5837
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post

I just can't figure out what Hasbro were going for with the colours. The Takara one is aiming for show accuracy, so it's not that, and it's not toy-accurate in the slightest either since the original toy had four very distinct shades of blue on it. Not all that close to the Marvel look, either. But whatever it's meant to be, the mold is available in six other, more exciting colour schemes.
The Takara version is more lively, but I liked the blue/green-ness of the hasbro one just as well. Looking at pictures, I would prefer the takara version too, but it's not a make-or-break difference to me.

Quote:
I don't mind it for Blurr, actually. It's a neat take on the shield that the original toy came with, and if you don't want to use it as an accessory it folds away neatly into a backpack. I think that combining two guns into the TM sled works a lot better for most characters, though. If only because it means that Hasbro needs to give everyone two guns!
Yeah, Blurr isn't that bad about it since the shield is fairly small, but it's a little ridiculous for Brainstorm. I think it's the way it mounts on the arm that doesn't look right to me.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 01:04 AM   #5838
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
RID Bludegon
Proper colours version of the toy previously released as Blastcharge. Good figure, although as expected, the plastics don't feel quite as nice as on Blastcharge. So boo for that.
Really like this except with one small tweak -- switching the arms, otherwise too much orange. To me this is more balanced and more reminiscent of the original inner robot, and it transforms the same except the turret is smooth.

Still a bit on the short side for a deluxe (and at this price) though, isn't it?

http://i.imgur.com/OlDX2M6.jpg

Last edited by Denyer; 2017-09-08 at 01:16 AM.
Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 07:55 PM   #5839
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

I just got TR Sky Shadow.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 08:24 AM   #5840
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Still a bit on the short side for a deluxe (and at this price) though, isn't it?
He's a similar size to the Scorponok and Skywarp figures I have. The vehicular robots so seem to be a shade bigger and more bulky than some of the more interesting figures. As with TF lines of the past, I think its due to cramming in alt-modes that should be bigger than a car into the Deluxe / Warrior Class price point.

I did wonder if they were particularly small, but they seem to scale well enough with past lines.

Nice alternate transformation!