• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2017-09-15, 08:46 PM   #1
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile Lost Light 9

Well that was a really good fully back on form two parter wasn't it?

This issue alone was incredibly dense, lots of ideas and movement of plot pieces. Probably more than in the first six issues put together.

After initially finding the coffin bot a bit inexplicable, I really liked the final reveal of what he was. It's nice to see one of the more interesting ideas from Age of Extinction (the manufactured Transformer that can do anything) get the potential chance to breath a bit more.

The Velocity/Nautica stuff was fantastic as well. Very Philip K Dick of course, but nice and creepy. Initially I thought Velocity was a bit wishy washy by deciding it was Nautica's choice (especially as you could argue her PTSD from Necroworld has left her unfit to agree to any medical procedure), I think few people would let a depressed friend go for a backstreet brain surgery even if it meant knocking them out (or in this case suggesting phoning up Cyclonus and asking for a loan from his vast wealth, I think he'd be down to help Skids), but upon thinking more about it I'd say it was true to her character even if it was clearly a poor choice.

Anode and Lug carried the lighter part of the plot, but romped along nicely and were great fun. Complete with the "I've got something in my hand that can hurt you" gag from the first Red Dwarf book.

Erm, no apparently that was inspired by Blackadder's Christmas Carol ("And the best thing is, it's the gift that keeps giving").

Flame left me a bit cold, I think because his body language was such a large part of the original and there was none of that here.

Oh that final page though. I'm amazed Maximum Dinobots was actually the last time we saw Scorpy in the present, I'd have sworn he cameoed in Last Stand. I suppose the Dille pre-war stuff and Reg has made it seem like not such an absence.

The Magnificence was of course, a rubbish badly thought out bit of nonsense. But so was Megatron's anti-matter eyes and Roberts had great fun unashamedly rehabilitating them, so I'm expecting some gleeful stuff from this.

All in all, a two parter the equal of upper level MTMTE. Feels like the shudder caused by the relaunch has corrected itself nicely. Lovely art as well.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 11:20 PM   #2
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

I'd had a feeling Scorpy either was working for or was the Grand Architect for a while now. Guess that really was his ship on Clemency.

I'm glad the Magnificence is finally getting dealt with. All we need now is something to clean up Thunderwing's Pretender tech and we'll have sorted out the last of the stupidly overpowered stuff left from Furman's run.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 11:44 AM   #3
Gouki
Not a robot.

Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
I'd had a feeling Scorpy either was working for or was the Grand Architect for a while now. Guess that really was his ship on Clemency.

I'm glad the Magnificence is finally getting dealt with. All we need now is something to clean up Thunderwing's Pretender tech and we'll have sorted out the last of the stupidly overpowered stuff left from Furman's run.
Just in time to announce a new focus on Unicron spinning out from their latest "We know this won't sell without Transformers in it but they don't matter" Hasbro mini.

"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 07:56 PM   #4
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK
Question

Scorponok didn't have their insignia anywhere on his body (nor a Decepticon one for that matter). Is that relevant do you think? They usually make sure you see people's insignia's in this comic, unless they have to rub Scorponok somewhere significant.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 06:55 PM   #5
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

And as a random fact I learnt today, The Woman From The Chase is a fan (and indeed I'm told replied to one of my MTMTE tweets previously!):

https://twitter.com/anne_hegerty/sta...20551912366081

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 11:50 AM   #6
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

I already knew that: she liked a tweet of mine about MTMTE a while back and it blew my mindhole.

Also, yeah, good issue and that, I totally keep up to date with this forum . . .

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote