• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2017-11-30, 11:47 AM   #1
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.
Default Lost Light #11

Another one of them comicbooks came out about the robots and I came here for my monthly lurk to see what you lot had to say, but apparently the answer is nowt.

SPOILER! (select to read)
Overall, I'm liking the story here and the tension that comes with everything Getaway does now that he has power.
That said, there were some reallyon-the-nose panels here."Fake news" indeed!? I want to post a couple of them on facebook just to see some classic Cliffy reactions.

Still alive, I'm just bad at keeping up with forums.
You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 06:25 PM   #2
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

...that's because I haven't picked up a copy yet. And am being good and avoiding the spoiler box so it's a surprise for later.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 06:30 PM   #3
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

I'm not used to being first, normally all the digital boys and girls have read it before my local comicbook shop even opens.

You can read my articles and reviews at gintendo.co.uk but I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Old 2017-12-01, 09:14 PM   #4
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Oh I liked that. I liked that a lot. And it's nice we can get shameless political stuff, especially after the G.I. Joe writer was Officially Not Sacked For Having A Political Opinion On Twitter (an at best really badly expressed opinion to be sure, but how that entire thing was handled makes everyone involved look a tit).

I think it helps that the analogy is an underlying key part of the story, it's not like the old Joe comics where characters would just stop in the middle of the action to give us Hama's thoughts on countries America was at ar with up to 40 years earlier).

And it's just a really, dark sinister issue. Getaway was already in the deep end, but seeing how his own insecurities and bitterness pushes him further and further along and how after being a master manipulator for so long he's met his match in Froid adds all sort of tension to the issue. Even Atomizer was squirming at the end.

And after a rocky road getting there, it felt like Jack Lawrence has hit his groove on the art, all solid strong stuff and the reused Milne pages didn't stand out as starkly as they would have in, say, issue 7 with its Inks of Death.

Only two negatives: First, Getaway cheerfully explaining how he used to nudge gun during the issue 50 talk with Rodimus infront of everyone was incredibly, incredibly stupid of him and strangely tactless now we know none of them bar Atomizer was in on the full plan. He's actually damn lucky they didn't turn on him there and then.

Second, as per my long standing worry, it does feel like it's going to be a bit too easy for the two crews to reconcile. They were all lied to, mislead and are now as much victims of Getaway as Rodimus and company.

But this really was the series at its best, assuming it keeps up the pace this three parter is going to be a belter.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 08:17 PM   #5
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Yes, a jolly good entry with only the Nudge Gun announcement being a bit daft as you say, but perhaps in-keeping with Getaway's showing off at that time. He's so charmingly awful. I love him. This is how I wish Starscream was written. And yes, I loved the look on Atomizer's face when he realised just how far Getaway was going. Loved the bit with the 'undecideds' being fed to Sunder and that you could see Getaway thinking that through and doing the maths. Great stuff. Top job by EVERYONE.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 04:16 PM   #6
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Great stuff. Top job by EVERYONE.
This is wonderful positivity