• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2017-10-21, 09:37 PM   #1161
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Super Gobots Spay-C
Picked up a nice loose example off of ebay. Spay-C is really nice. Shuttle mode is cool, robot mode is very swish and it has a very nice transformation. Very impressive

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 10:04 PM   #1162
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Well, the figure bug bit again, and I found Multiverse Rebirth Batman and The Atom (LoT) on clearance (?) at Target. These literally just came out, so I have no idea why the markdown, but I'll take it.

Even so, I'm disappointed. I don't know what I was really expecting. The sculpts are both very nice, and The Atom comes with a spare (non-helmeted) head and a tiny version of himself that's about 6" scaled to the figure. All-in-all, pretty neat. Batman comes with NOTHING. How does a character known for his gadgets come packed with nothing? That's just beyond me. The main issue with these is the articulation, as usual. It's a little more of a problem here, because the Atom can only bend his elbows, like, 30 degrees. And Batman's cape prohibits his arms from a lot of range. Ugh.

I would like to say I'm done with the Multiverse, but there appears to be some good figs on the way, with an updated articulation system. Needless to say, I've grown very tired of Mattel's refusal to change. In a wave where I may have thought about building The Rookie, I think I'll pass on the rest.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 10:15 AM   #1163
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele
Red face

I'd almost completely forgotten about my birthday if my mom hadn't sent me a text message and then I found myself wondering, how should I treat myself? I decided to go to the city and check the toy store since, despite toy selections having shriveled down to nothing that interests me anymore, their discount section is full of really, really old toylines that have probably been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for years.

And what do I find?

These.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 01:03 PM   #1164
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

Lego Batman Movie 70907 Killer Croc Tail-Gator.

LEGO Dimensions Fun Pack - Teen Titans Go!.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 04:07 PM   #1165
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Batman Movie 70915 Two-Face Double Demolition.

Lego Star Wars 75180 Rathtar Escape.

Old 2017-11-07, 01:49 PM   #1166
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Soul of Chogokin GX-13R Dancouga.

It's kind of awkward that they've used the same designation as they used for the "real type" variant of the original release way back.

Old 2017-11-11, 02:42 PM   #1167
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76088 Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash.

Old 2017-11-13, 05:33 PM   #1168
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Snagged a Black Series Snowtrooper last week. Not sure why the showed up, as that wave never popped up around me when it was supposed to. Maybe it was a return or something? Target had most of the new BS wave - Finn, Poe, Leia - from The Last Jedi there, and randomly the Snowtrooper. ESB is my favorite flick of all time, so it's awesome to have him on the shelf. I'm a bit off-put by the tan-ness of the suit, as they always seemed much more white on screen... but I've read that the figure actually matches the real suit, and the white-ness in the movie was due to filters during filming. I guess kudos to Hasbro for doing their research? The only other issue is while this guys boasts the typical articulation system of BS/ML figures, the suit limits that significantly, and I found it difficult to get him to stand straight up. This may have been helped a bit by making some parts soft goods instead of rubber/plastic. Overall though, I'm pleased.

Old 2017-11-18, 04:09 PM   #1169
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Giant-Man mini-figure as a pre-order with Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

Lego Nexo Knights 70353 The Heligoyle.

Old 2017-11-18, 10:35 PM   #1170
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Lego Batman Movie 70916 The Batwing
Managed to score this for 40 off the RRP thanks to Black Friday nonsense at TRU so I'm feeling pretty pleased with this It's a good set and is a suitably bulky and heavy thing when finished (has about 1,000 pieces!). I like the swivelly engine pods and you can stand this up to mimic the Scuttler. There's a neat little buggy that drops out the back and it has the usual shooty things. I can see why this has dropped into the 100 bracket, given the size and part count, but it doesn't feel special enough to justify it and isn't as much fun as the Batmobile or Scuttler. The Harley Quinn figure in a tutu is nice and the cannon she has is nice wee build.

Old 2017-11-20, 06:06 PM   #1171
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Made a trade on a FB page, ended up with a Black Series Chewbacca (6").

Nice figure, even though he can't easily hold his Bowcaster with both arms due to the molded fur hindering his arm range. Nicely sculpted figure though, and he looks great with the rest of my collection. I'm also pleased that he has some rather stout ankle joints to hold up his bulk. Looks really great next to Han, and he absolutely towers over Luke & Leia. For the most part, that really finished off the main cast of ANH for me, aside from the yet-to-be released Tarkin.

Old 2017-11-26, 09:22 PM   #1172
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I got some more Star Wars Rogue One figures... which seem oddly hard to find these days, after less than a year on release. Wonder if there was a smaller production run for these, compared to TFA...? ANYWAY quite pleased to have found these for more reasonable prices on amazon.

Baze Malbus vs Stormtrooper
Neat vs pack and rounds out the core good guys for me. This missile launcher, like the others for these 3.75" figures is a bit...overkill, but I appreciate the play value they bring. Stormtrooper, whilst easily overlooked, is nicely detailed and looks the part.

Admiral Raddus
Fantastic rendering of the sort-of fishy-headed military man. Really nice paint work and a surprisingly fun figure.

Galen Erso
How much fun are zip wires on these figures? I've no idea why he comes with one, but it's good fun!Good sculpt and detail too.

I continue to be very impressed with the likenesses of the actors at such a small scale. And they're great toys too!

Old 2017-11-27, 04:31 PM   #1173
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Cars 3 Jackson Storm - the standard 1:53 die cast one.

After giving up hope of finding this guy in retail, he turns up in my own freakin' grocery store. The size of a grocery store that doesn't exactly brandish an excellent toy aisle.

Old 2017-12-02, 05:20 PM   #1174
HeavyArms
Unicron

LEGO Dimensions Team Pack - Teen Titan Go!

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes 76085 Battle of Atlantis.

Old 2017-12-03, 09:07 PM   #1175
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

Lego Batman Movie Ultimate Batmobile 70917
This is a really fun set. I love big massive Lego vehicles, and especially ones like this that split into lots of stuff. The combined mode is impressive and has the silhouette of a 'regular' Batmobile, and is HUGE. It feels very heavy and the connections between each of the individual vehicles. The individual vehicles are all great. The Batwing is excellent. The design and sleekness of this thing makes it good enough to be a legit set in its own right. Its great to swoosh about and only Batgirl not being able to grip the control sticks and the minimal point of contact with the rear fins to the turbines let the model down. The latter also robs the toy of some of its durability. I may go back and check the instructions as these feel as if they're missing a pin to fully hook them up. Alfred's vehicle, formed out of the back-half of the vehicle is brutal. It's heavy, armed with two massive cannons and has a nice tank-like design. It's like the Tumbler, if it had overdone the protein bars. That leaves the front, which is a very nice looking Batmobile. It has a great chunky design . It does become a bit of husk once you pull Robins bike out of the back. And speaking of which, Robin's bike is a bit of an afterthought, but it works well enough. What I like the most about this set (and indeed all the Bat-vehicles from the Movie line) is the colours. Part '60s Batmobile livery and part Blacktron. Looks cool as f**k. The set also throws in a neat light up Bat Signal, Polka Dot Man and The Wicked Witch with two of her flying monkies. Who all feel hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned.

Old 2017-12-08, 05:03 PM   #1176
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

On a quick trip to the grocery store (of all places) to get some cold meds for my wife, I found a Black Series Imperial Royal Guard! Snatched him up immediately, as he's the only one I have ever seen in the wild, and people like to army build these things. Kind of sad that I had to leave Lando on the shelf, as I just couldn't justify $40 worth of toys when I was out to get $10 worth of cold medication.

Anyways, this figure is great! The color of red used is spot on, the helmet looks fantastic, and the drape and quality of the soft goods robe is ridiculously well done - it drapes over him sooo well. In a stroke of genius, the molded armor underneath it all is superb. I've heard they took a lot of the design from the Crimson Empire comics, and I couldn't be happier. Never read the series, mind you, but it's so cool to have fierce armor just hiding under that cloak. The guards look imposing anyways, but to have this level of detail underneath just adds to the mystique of bad-assery. He comes with the traditional force pike and also an EC-17 (Scout Trooper) blaster that holsters on his hip. The only gripe I would have (which is minimal) is that he didn't come with a second head to match the 3.75" guard. Should that have happened, this would have been a perfect figure. As it is, this thing is still near perfect and well worth $20.

Old 2017-12-09, 01:42 PM   #1177
HeavyArms
Unicron

Lego Star Wars 75188 Resistance Bomber.