• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2017-12-14, 10:23 PM   #741
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I like the look of Elita-1. She looks cool.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 06:09 PM   #742
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

They're making Duocons too... here's Battletrap.

That's... much better than expected. Where's Flywheels?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 08:52 PM   #743
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

That''s adorable. I love the Duocons for no other reason than I had them as a child. They were rubbish, but I liked them all the same.

Old 2018-01-09, 01:55 PM   #744
Clay

Murray, KY
Smile

Here's masterpiece movie ironhide.

Pretty nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about the toes sticking out from the back of the truck. The cannons storing on the sides is consistent with Prime and barricade's weapon storage, even if it's ungainly.

Old 2018-01-09, 03:59 PM   #745
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I can't say that screams "Masterpiece" to me. The truck mode is imperfect, as you say. He also looks too small vs. Bumblebee. He looks like a normal pickup in the alt-mode shots, but the Topkick is a gigantic truck, like the size of a U-Haul moving van.

It does look like a nice Ironhide figure, but probably not something that'd be worth the MP markup.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 09:28 AM   #746
Sunrunner
Micromaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
They're making Duocons too... here's Battletrap.

That's... much better than expected. Where's Flywheels?

I really like the look of that, reminds of Victory Multiforce. Maybe we'll get new versions of Wingwaver etc. too?

Sunrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 06:55 PM   #747
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
I really like the look of that, reminds of Victory Multiforce. Maybe we'll get new versions of Wingwaver etc. too?
OMG, I WANT THE WHOLE MULTIFORCE!!!

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 02:34 PM   #748
Clay

Murray, KY

New York toy fair happened over the weekend, and we got to see Abominus, Predaking, the movie studio series figures, and some other bits.

It's hit and miss, yeah?

Old 2018-02-19, 03:33 PM   #749
Warcry

I found it hard to get excited about any of it. None of it was really surprising, thanks to the leaks that came last year. And aside from Predaking, a couple Pretenders and a few of the movie figs, I don't think they even showed off much that we hadn't already seen at SDCC or other shows.

Old 2018-02-19, 07:56 PM   #750
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

Due to knowing they were coming, I'm actually less excited about the toys reveals than I am about the cartoon score finally coming out.

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 10:10 PM   #751
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

The new Movie figures 'Studio Series' look pretty good, and Predaking and Abominus are both look great. The Cyberverse line looks too gimmick driven to be much fun, all the worst bits of RID2015 in one handy toyline!

The Marvel Legends reveals seemed to be much more exciting - probably because of what Warcry said. Surprised to hear Saban have taken Power Rangers to Hasbro. That'll be interesting...

Old 2018-02-19, 10:33 PM   #752
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/17/t...-images-358790

Predaking looks naff but the rest mostly continues a positive streak.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 04:54 AM   #753
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

I wish these PotP toys would hurry up and start showing up in Edmonton.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 01:29 PM   #754
Clay

Murray, KY

I'm not disappointed in predaking, if only because I expected something along those lines given how devastator turned out. Easy pass for me, but I'm glad they tried?

I do look forward to abominus, though.

Old 2018-02-20, 11:01 PM   #755
Clay

Murray, KY

I should also like to say that I am simultaneously impressed and disappointed that Hungrr is a remold* of Silverbolt.

*he's not actually a remold, strictly speaking. He just transforms identically.

Old 2018-02-21, 08:11 PM   #756
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

I'm not too excited about what was shown, mostly because we knew it was already on its way. It's nice to see Abominus all done up, but that's about it. I already planned on getting the last two Dinobots and Darkwing, so nothing new there. Bludgeon is pretty cool though. Predaking looks neat, but he will fall into the 'too expensive' category for me with all the other purchases I have planned.

While I don't care much for the look of the Movie-verse stuff, I think I may have to get that Voyager Starscream. Saw some close-up photos of that guy and it's simply impressive. The jet doesn't look to have much kibble either.

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-22, 12:35 AM   #757
Clay

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
While I don't care much for the look of the Movie-verse stuff, I think I may have to get that Voyager Starscream. Saw some close-up photos of that guy and it's simply impressive. The jet doesn't look to have much kibble either.
Yeah, it's apparently heavily based on the DOTM deluxe figure, only with extra bells and whistles afforded by the larger size. Scaling the deluxe figure up works very well, and certainly moreso than squishing the leader figure down. I'm more interested in the Blackout and Brawl, myself.

Old 2018-02-22, 05:16 PM   #758
Warcry

I was actually pretty disappointed by Bludgeon (his inner robot is the wrong colour!), Bomb-Burst and Octopunch. Those three (plus the sadly absent Bugly) are my favourite Pretender designs and I don't think they translated well to the small size at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Surprised to hear Saban have taken Power Rangers to Hasbro. That'll be interesting...
This really surprised me too! I'm curious to see where this goes. The one Legacy Power Ranger I bought was really disappointing, so if Hasbro can bring us a figure line with quality comparable to Marvel Legends I'd be really happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
I wish these PotP toys would hurry up and start showing up in Edmonton.
Same here! Almost everything I've bought so far has been off of Amazon. Even though this is the first wave, stores seem to be avoiding it like the plague, only putting out one case at a time and not restocking much at all. Maybe launching a new line right after Christmas wasn't a good idea?

Quote:
I'm not disappointed in predaking, if only because I expected something along those lines given how devastator turned out. Easy pass for me, but I'm glad they tried?
Yeah. For me, the disappointment came with the announcement that he'd be a Titan because I knew exactly what that entailed thanks to Devastator. I was really hoping they'd have learned their lesson from that and just released the Predacons as a normal CW-style team, but alas...

Quote:
I should also like to say that I am simultaneously impressed and disappointed that Hungrr is a remold* of Silverbolt.
I still can't wrap my head around that decision. If they absolutely had to crib one of the CW Voyagers' engineering, surely Hot Spot was the obviously correct choice? It would have given us a Hun-grrr that transformed correctly into combiner mode (the "dragon head knees" that so many people are lamenting) and they could have made the combiner chestplate removable so that people like me could use it as a shield. His dragon mode would have been infinitely better too, since the combiner chest wouldn't be bulking up his robot legs. Just seems like such a missed opportunity.

Old 2018-02-22, 09:45 PM   #759
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

I think the Predacons work better in the Titan scale than the Constructicons do. Still out of scale with the Dinobots, so I still can't re-enact Prey properly. Boo.

Old 2018-02-24, 03:00 PM   #760
HeavyArms
Unicron

Victoria, Australia

I'm pretty much all-in on the Predacons, Terrorcons, the fem-bots and we'll see what happens with the Movie Series line.

HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote