• transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2018-03-04, 05:43 AM   #1
Default TF The Last Knight - Nemesis Edit?

I took some time and created a fan edit of The Last Knight, and wanted to see if you wanted to give it a look (not asking for promotion, just one fan to others). I'm finishing it now, and it should be ready over the weekend.

I think that I had the same feelings that many people did about this film. It felt like it wasn't the worst film, but it felt bulky or crammed with excessive information, characters, off-humor, side plots, etc.. I did my best to remove the excess and keep what I thought was the core. I'd love to know your thoughts.

- Run time is 01:30:00 (reduced from 02:34:00)
- Removed the children
- Removed the Cuban / John Turturro scenes
- Removed the opening Arthurian scene
- Removed the angry physicist scenes

Other Notes:
I did what I could. I can't fix the dialog, I can't make the plot make more sense than it does, and I can't reshoot or add scenes. I moved some shots around the timeline to hopefully help the story make more sense. The movie is rife with parts that don't connect or create holes; editing this it has only revealed how poorly stitched together and paced it was. Don't get me wrong, there is some good acting and Bay definitely has command of large, expansive fight scenes, but there was something lacking.

I think that, if anything, this edit reveals the amount of filler in the movie. This isn't a perfect cut, but it would have allowed an extra hour for character development and plot development around the central theme instead of the hour devoted to sub plots and odd exposition in the original edit.

Let me know if you'd like to have a look, and I'll share a link when it's done tomorrow.
nemesisprimed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 08:23 AM   #2
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Fair play to you but I still couldn't sit through that ending again.
Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 05:49 PM   #3

Right, not great, but I removed the "Sting like a Bee" part among others. I also removed the blue robot, wally/r2d2 thing.
nemesisprimed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 03:45 AM   #4
"I've done better and got over it."
Murray, KY

Sure, I'll give it a go. I saw it once in the theater, and honestly thought the runtime was close to four hours until I got out and checked the actual time.
Clay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 08:01 PM   #5
Shooty Dog Thing

Morbidly curious, and have just bought a copy of the actual film (plus Age of Extinction, which I'm not sure I can stand to re-watch) for pennies on eBay to tick the morality box.

Could you contact people who are interested rather than post material on a public forum? It is a current studio movie even if by most reports it's terrible.

Reminds me, I must watch the Northwest Passage edit of Twin Peaks at some point.
Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote