Older cartoons you want brought back on the air

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Older cartoons you want brought back on the air

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

I think that they should start running the show War Planets {Shadow Raiders in Canada} again. I found an old episode I had recorded long ago yesterday and I realised what a great show it was and how much I missed it.

What shows do you guys want back on the air?
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

The original Teenage Mutant Hero/Ninja Turtles.

I want to see all the episodes and I don't think that all of them got shown here, although I will stand corrected if stated otherwise.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Battle of the Planets...

To bad, it was good.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Silverhawks. Nothing like a cartoon featuring a cyborg cowboy spaceship pilot shooting lasers out of his electric guitar.

MIB: the series. This show was so badass, and damn violent, too. They just colored all the alien blood green or purple and they got away with some seriously sick stuff (organs flying everywhere, characters getting disembowled, stuff like that).

Captain N. Oh, it was God awful, and terribly inaccurate with it's portrayals of the game characters, but it would provide some quality nostalgia. And some good laughs, seeing how it messed up the characters so badly (and there was an episode about Tetris! How exciting!).

The Real Ghostbusters. I shouldn't even have to explain why.
Loki
Protoform

Post by Loki »

Since I don't have cable or satellite, all the ones I wanted to see again were shown on Cartoon Network and binned...

Ulyssess 31, Jayce and the wheeled warriors, Thundercats, Mask...

But what I really want is f**kin' Star Fleet! Somebody release a dvd, please???!!!
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Captain N. Oh, it was God awful, and terribly inaccurate with it's portrayals of the game characters, but it would provide some quality nostalgia. And some good laughs, seeing how it messed up the characters so badly (and there was an episode about Tetris! How exciting!).

Hehe. Definitely some good nostalgia. I liked that cartoon as a kid. Man, I saw an ep not too long ago and it was pretty awful. Funny, how young kids can like something so bad. BTW, I never knew; what video game was Eggplant Wizard from?

I'd like to see the Guyver brought back. It only had 12 eps, but that was how I got introduced to Anime. Very dark and adultish cartoon.

Also bring back MOTU (the 2000 version). I was getting into that and then they pulled it.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

To be honest most old cartoon are on or soon will be on DVD.
Why would I want a trimmed down version wo fit the running time for longer advert breaks version? I prefer the whole series available to watch as and when I please?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Beast Wars-what can I say that hasn't been said before?

Reboot-This was one of the greatest series with some really funny episodes that had some great pardoies (X-Files, ST:TNG,
The Legion of Super-Heroes)

Voltron-Five Lions that form a giant robot that battles space monsters.

Robotix-A fun series. With robots that could change their forms by interfacing with humans. (anything else it did seem like a forerunner to the head/target/powermaster concepts in TF: G1)
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Hehe. Definitely some good nostalgia. I liked that cartoon as a kid. Man, I saw an ep not too long ago and it was pretty awful. Funny, how young kids can like something so bad. BTW, I never knew; what video game was Eggplant Wizard from?

He was the boss in Kid Icarus.

I'd like to see the Guyver brought back. It only had 12 eps, but that was how I got introduced to Anime. Very dark and adultish cartoon.

You're in luck, as there's a new tv series airring in Japan as we speak and should be making it's way to the US very shortly.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Beast Wars-what can I say that hasn't been said before?

Reboot-This was one of the greatest series with some really funny episodes that had some great pardoies

I hear you. Those are some of my favorite shows too.
The reason I didn't mention them is because they were back on the air at 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. on YTV. Yet they were pushed back to Friday's at 11:00 - 12:00a.m. Again!!!
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
The Real Ghostbusters. I shouldn't even have to explain why.

We actually still have that here... last time I checked which was a few months ago.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by DrEvil
We actually still have that here... last time I checked which was a few months ago.

You're in England, right? It's on Jetix or something, I heard. You even got a couple DVD releases of the show, you lucky dogs.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

No I'm not in England. :glance: Its funny how often we Scots hear that though.

Couple is right, they are spread far and thin, only about 4 releases, I think that there were only 3 or four episodes on them. I remember one of them was the Space episode. I'm content with my Ghostbusters videos, and the video of that... other.... Ghostbuster series, with the monkey.

Its on Jetix but I really can't stand the channel. Repititive adverts all the time. Takes a lot to watch an episode of anything on that channel without at least going a tiny bit insane...
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

We've still got lot of stuff, CBBC were showing the original turtles eps a few months back, Beast Wars is on Channel Five, got Real Ghostbusters on Jetix... Its suprising... M.A.S.K and Ulyssus (sp?) were shown every weeknight at like 11pm on Jetix (then Fox Kids) along with Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, oh and we also got GIJoe for a few months aswell...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
We've still got lot of stuff, CBBC were showing the original turtles eps a few months back, Beast Wars is on Channel Five, got Real Ghostbusters on Jetix... Its suprising... M.A.S.K and Ulyssus (sp?) were shown every weeknight at like 11pm on Jetix (then Fox Kids) along with Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, oh and we also got GIJoe for a few months aswell...

Jeez, how are you guys so lucky?

Boomerang stopped playing GI Joe and Sky Commanders a while ago, Cartoon Network/Boomerang has the rights to air Thundercats, Silverhawks, Voltron and Robotech but DON'T, and the likes of Real Ghostbusters and M.A.S.K are nowhere to be found.

Right now the only good thing on Boomerang is Swat Kats. However, the series was REALLY short, so they've gone through it a good 5 or 6 times already. Toon Disney rubs me the right way with Spider-Man, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, X-Men and The Tick, however. All in a row! And then if you wait up until 5am you can catch Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck and Ducktales.

So I guess we've got some stuff going for us.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

We got a few 'Ghostbusters' eps on DVD. No sign of any more yet. Just like there aren't any more M.A.S.K. DVDs planned....

I'd love for Thundercats to be available on DVD over here. Centurions would be cool, too.

Oh... and 'Dungeons & Dragons' DVD boxset is fantastic. I love it. I recommend people buy it. NOW, DAMMIT!

The new MOTU series would be nice to have on DVD too... especially the 'Snakemen' season...

As for getting another airing:

Samurai Pizza Cats (and I want DVDs too, dammit!)

G.I.Joe (same as SPC)

Iron Man (the 90s ones- Iron Man & Force Works taking on the Mandarin, his henmchmen, robots and dragons. Cool! That should be on DVD too- and isn't)

Hulk (90s one again- for all the cool guest appearances like Ghost Rider, FF and X-Men. DVD! DVD! DVD!)

The Tick (SPOON! Give us a DVD boxset, while you're at it.)
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Sonic500
Protoform

Post by Sonic500 »

Captin N
Sonic the hedghog(SATAM)
Adventers of sonic the Hedghog
Earth worm jim.
All the mario cartoons.
Transformers G1.
"Cries and screams are music to my ears."
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Wolfang

Hulk (90s one again- for all the cool guest appearances like Ghost Rider, FF and X-Men. DVD! DVD! DVD!)

That was like, the coolest cartoon ever. How many episodes were there? They only aired about 12 here, years ago.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

some of those cartoons i would like to see on the air again:
Ghostbuster, the old ones
Transformer(g1 or g2 they are pretty much the same)
Bionic six
Earthworm Jim
the oldest of the sonic cartoons, with doctor robotnik
Sketeton worriers
and surely some more that i cant remember at the moment

BTW, the M.I.B. cartoon is actually still on the air, but dubbed in german on a chanal called Cabel1
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Originally posted by RUNAMOK

Transformer(g1 or g2 they are pretty much the same)

Although, in essence, this is true- G1 had the cool animated spinning Autobot/Decepticon spinning symbols. Not that CGI animated 'cyber-cube' crap. That was just bleeding irritating.

Knightdramon- I think it was about 13 episodes total for that Hulk toon. [Boo!] Wish they'd have made more.

Then again, the same applies to a bunch of Marvel cartoons- the 90s Spider-Man and X-Men, Iron Man, Fantastic Four- heck, even Silver Surfer appeared to be going somewhere before they cancelled it. And it had Thanos and Drax in it. That's great.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."