Pre-Game thoughts on Israel?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
redman prime

Pre-Game thoughts on Israel?

Post by redman prime »

Anyone have anything to throw in there?

It's not on here, not even PPV. I get russia-estonia and a Brazil-Chile friendly.

weak.

for cliffy's sake :D

but i feel more :(
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Originally posted by Redman Prime
Anyone have anything to throw in there?
:\

golly, I would like to contribute to these sports discussions. I'm a chump when it comes to football any sport. It boils down to "gimmie da bawl, gimmie da baaaawl". Sorry if I got your hopes up dude. I wouldn't even run to catch a bus.

Totally pointless post I know, but I suppose it has to be said once :rolleyes:
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

It's a tough one. If England loose, it might lead to the FA sacking Steve Mclaran, which will be good, he is not a very good manager. England needs someone who can gel a team together and know what tactics are. (Harry or BIg Sam would be my picks) But if ENgland win, it will give Steve some breathing space. England need to win, but Israel have a very good home record. I really think Israel will win.
THe England manager just does not know how to play Gerrard and Lampard in the same side. :(
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Basically Gerrard and Lampard should not play in the same side. If Brazil, Italy, Spain and Argentina drop big name players because another one occupies the same posistion but is currently better then so should England.

Gerrard should be first choice. He is the worlds best all round footballer and he should have Gargreaves behind him giving him the space to boss the midfiel as he should. With Cole on the left and Lennon on the right that could be the worlds best midfield. However they all get moves out of posistion to accomidate Lampard who has shown many times he isn't that good on international level.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Plus imagine being able to bring someone of Lampard's calibre on after an hour, rather than someone of SW-P's calibre...

I dunno, though, they're all such lazy ****ers. McLaren's going to be driven out soon, and in a way I feel a bit sorry for him - it's reminding me of what Brend said about Steve Wigley at Saints - a year ago he was their coach, the matey one from the training ground, and now they don't respect him. Got to say if I was him for the Andorra game I'd be tempted to drop the entire squad (maybe bar Lennon and Hargreaves), and just call up 16 new caps - go down to the Championship looking for them if you have to, just get someone with a bit of go in them
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I dont think they need to get rid of McLaren, they need to give him a decent chance... What they need to do is get the players to remove the fingers from their arses. We have got some fantastic players, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Rooney, Terry, Lennon etc and hopefully come our next qualifyers in June Owen will be fit, but they dont play like a team.

Theres no forward aggression in our play, its either kinda pass the ball up to their area and hope someone gets a hold of it to knock it in, or its Lennon/SWP/Joe Cole runs the ball up and chips it in.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

England should try and go for lenon more when they attack. Out of the entire english squad, he impressed me the most. He scorched Ramat Gan this saturday. Everytime he or Hargreives(SP?) touched the ball it was spooky. One question though, can Lenon score?

Oh and Rooney,HA!!!!They based his meeting with Ben Haim to the one they had in the PLeague, but Rooney isn't all that without Ronaldo to pass him balls....
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Thing is, the Israel result wasn't that bad from an English POV - they came close to the World Cup from a tough group, and have shut better teams than England down in Tel Aviv... it just looks worse because England are already lagging behind thanks to the Croatia/Macedonia points dropped.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Now, see, I looked at this fixture and thought "right, it's not on the Beeb. I've got two choices - either find a pub that's showing it and spend two hours of my life in abject despair, or watch the next Bond movie in my schedule."

You Only Live Twice is a lot more rubbish than I remember.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Thing is, the Israel result wasn't that bad from an English POV - they came close to the World Cup from a tough group, and have shut better teams than England down in Tel Aviv... it just looks worse because England are already lagging behind thanks to the Croatia/Macedonia points dropped.

Yeah, but you really don.t know what the Israeli press made of this game. Made Israel look like david and England look like Devastator. If that was not enough, Man U won Bolton 4-1 and our press made it look like it was all Ben Haim's fault, and that Rooney made him look like crap. I was sure it was going to be like at least 2-0 to England.

BUT,i can't see Israel go to Euro, either :(

Maybe next year we'll get an easier group.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I've got to say Russia look solid to get through, and then it's between England, Israel and Croatia for the last spot. Croatia are a bit unpredictable, either they play like world champions or they're awful; England I think somethin's going to happen, something's going to click (whether it will be in time I don't know); Israel need to score more. That said, a couple of years time, with Ben Sahar growing up a bit, a good draw for the World Cup groups, and Israel could go far... They'd be closer this time if Russia didn't have Hiddink (best international coach in the world), while Croatia have stockpiled a nice amount of points (and played a very, very, very bad England side, getting a 'tough' game out of the way nicely).

Dunno, I just have a feeling we'll have the same old cycle with England... Macca will be fired before the summer games, someone a bit out of left field will come in (I dunno, Trevor Brooking), the players will raise their game, England will scrape through in miraculous fashion, and then proceed to sit on their laurels for 2/4 years, and end up exactly where they are now, having lost in either the Quarter-finals (to Portugal, on penalties) or the semi-finals (to Germany, on penalties) having emerged from a group of death (Luxembourg, Malta, Scotland) with inflated confidence.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Yeh, I've got to say Russia look solid to get through, and then it's between England, Israel and Croatia for the last spot. Croatia are a bit unpredictable, either they play like world champions or they're awful; England I think somethin's going to happen, something's going to click (whether it will be in time I don't know); Israel need to score more. That said, a couple of years time, with Ben Sahar growing up a bit, a good draw for the World Cup groups, and Israel could go far... They'd be closer this time if Russia didn't have Hiddink (best international coach in the world), while Croatia have stockpiled a nice amount of points (and played a very, very, very bad England side, getting a 'tough' game out of the way nicely).

Dunno, I just have a feeling we'll have the same old cycle with England... Macca will be fired before the summer games, someone a bit out of left field will come in (I dunno, Trevor Brooking), the players will raise their game, England will scrape through in miraculous fashion, and then proceed to sit on their laurels for 2/4 years, and end up exactly where they are now, having lost in either the Quarter-finals (to Portugal, on penalties) or the semi-finals (to Germany, on penalties) having emerged from a group of death (Luxembourg, Malta, Scotland) with inflated confidence.

:)

I donno about Russia. I thought Croatia was the one that'll finish first. When Russia played against us, they looked rusty. Maybe their league didn't start then?

Bah, last time we got Ireland and Sweeden along with France for the WC, this time we get Croatia and England for Euro, Why can't we have a house when we'll have a chance to Q?