Optimus Prime vs Grimlock

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.

Prime vs Grimlock...and the winner is...

Grimlock
22%
Optimus Prime
74%
They would kill each other
No votes
It is against Autobot law to fight for leadership
4%

Total votes: 27

Ultimate Weapon

Optimus Prime vs Grimlock

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Prime and Grimlock have bickered alot but never came to blows. Both are warriors and leaders, so who would win? The epic battle for ultimate Autobot supremacy, there fate is in your hands.

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\weezer1\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\army-of-darkness-06.jpg[/img]
"Ok little fella, how bout some hot chocolate?"
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

That depends...

In the comics, I'd say Grimlok. It took all of the autobots to stop Dinobots, so I don't believe Op would stand a chance against Grimlok. On the other hand, both Megatron and Shockwave beated the Dinobots, and Optimus is well in their league.

In the cartoon, pre-movie, Grimlok definetly. Almost every time Grimlok and Optimus were shown at the same time/episode, Grimkok was shown to be more powerful. Atlantis Arise is a good example.

But in the cartoon post-movie, the winner would be Optimus. The main reasons would be that Grimlok is stupid, weak and always in his dinosaur mode in season 3.
Thanks D!
Quickswitch6

I'm goin' with Op on this one

Post by Quickswitch6 »

He's got the matrix in both continuities...And you just can't beat the best.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Did not Grimlock and Fort Max fight for the command, in the Marvel comics? A barbarian tradition, but not forbidden...
Quickswitch6

I think..

Post by Quickswitch6 »

PM Prime And Grimmy started duking it out, then Fort Max and the 'masters intervened. Or it could have been the other way around.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

I believe MeGrimlock ment the issue Totaled, where Grimlock and Fruitloop Multipuck were going to fight for leadership. But naturally Forktongue Maxiface was scared, because he was one of the biggest autobots, so Blaster had to fill in for him.

(a bit one-sided version of the US #41)
Thanks D!
MTX
Protoform

Post by MTX »

Optimus Prime is a veteran warrior and leader. He is as wise as he is strong.

Optimus would make short work of Grimlock by simply outsmarting him and causing Grimlock to inflict damage on himself somehow.

After Prime was done with Grimlock he would probably have a long talk with Wheeljack and Rachet. :p
Cyclone Prime
Protoform

Post by Cyclone Prime »

I'd go with the exact same answer as Silli crow: it depends on when the battle happens etc
"To lead the Autobots and the Decepticons together is my destiny!"
-Cyclone Prime
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Originally posted by Silly Cow
I believe MeGrimlock ment the issue Totaled, where Grimlock and Fruitloop Multipuck were going to fight for leadership. But naturally Forktongue Maxiface was scared, because he was one of the biggest autobots, so Blaster had to fill in for him.

(a bit one-sided version of the US #41)
Correct.
:)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I would pick Optimus. Although Grimlock does rule, Optimus slightly edges it in my book (but only just).

-SS
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Optimus would probably try to win without hurting Grimlock, which would give Grimlock the upper hand. But if Optimus went all out on Grimlock, Grimlock wouldn't be able to stop him. Grimlock has the power advantage, but Optimus has 9 million years of Battle experience.
~*ShadowDancer*~

Post by ~*ShadowDancer*~ »

Grimlock has the brute strength but Prime has that plus experience and intelligence.....I know where my vote lies.
~*SD*~
Proud Member of The Mini Owner's Club.

Links:

Shadow's Site - *Updated 22-03-04!*

Message board

Micro Mart Magazine
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Aah, the guardian of all that is good and boring squares off against the second greatest being to bear the "Dinobot" tag...

"Prime good leader, but him soft in the head"
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

MYX that sig is too big. Please reduce it to under 40 kb please as per board rules :)

I would say in the comic AM Grimlock would probally win .Given he drew with PM prime I feel in a serious situation Grimlock has the killer instinct. Its said his jaws can bit through anything and a head on collision in Dino mode has even more force than that.

Cartoon is prehaps more equal. It took 3 dinobots to top optimus prime in 'war of the dinobots' but its possible that grimers is to indestructable for optimus to over come anyway.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Im going with Prime on this one though he would sustain life threatening injuries ie hes arm being bitten off. He would then smack grimmy silly with a one handed slap. And then its off to Ratchets repair bay.

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\weezer1\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\army-of-darkness-06.jpg[/img]
"Ok little fella, how bout some hot chocolate?"
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Cyclone Prime
I'd go with the exact same answer as Silli crow:
Don't have to call names just because you agree with me. :)
Thanks D!
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Grimlock. Why? Why, you ask?

Cuz of any reason mentioned; Prime does not seem to understand the concept of a deathmatch, he pokes fun at Forktongue Maxiface, and wears a Burger King crown when he leads the Autobots.

R.
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Optimus would win!
Grimlock would smash Optimus down and then he would be revived again and again...
Then Grimlock gets too tired and Optimus would just push Grimlock down.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Optimus will win, he is just better then Grimlock one on one. If Grimlock has the Dinobots with him and fighting with him, Then he'll win.
Starscreem
Protoform

Post by Starscreem »

duh

PRIME

duh

ENOUGH SAID
:cool: Peace is for the weak :cool: