Wonderfest Model kits

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Treadshot A1

Wonderfest Model kits

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I'm not sure if this is news, but BBTS has them in stock: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu ... egory=5158

Move to toys if necessary. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Someone give me a good reason why I should buy one of these non-transforming Transformers for $100+, when I can get a much nicer Gundam kit for around half the price? Anyone?
Steam: Hot Shot
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Yeah, Gundam are so much better. Anyway, i'm half way thru a gundam kitbash to O.Supreme, Galvatron, and Cyclonus, so i see your point.

Dai Atlas Wonderfest is better value.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Very limited edition garage kits, probably. Just like the UM armour, but produced on a much smaller scale.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Now, that you bring up UM, it was BIG. But these are revoltech size, aAND need paint. RIP OFF!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

It just dosent seem worth it to me.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Not to me either, but very interesting how they did the molds. So maybe a good 30 dollar buy possibly?
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Considering Revoltechs are round 30-40, yeah, i'd say 30 bucks is reasonable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The moulds will have been scratch-sculpted, and then made in a very limited quantity - due to both a lack of resources, and a lack of a market (Transformers has never, ever sold as plastic model kits; for Gundam, it's long been the central thrust of the merchandise). Low production run + scratch-built moulds = manufactuers having to make their profits through high prices. Really, it's more needing to recoup production run costs and desing fees that dictate the price of the figure rather than the size or materials used ont he actual figure itself.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Very nice, but a bit out of my budget at the moment.

Andy
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:The moulds will have been scratch-sculpted, and then made in a very limited quantity - due to both a lack of resources, and a lack of a market (Transformers has never, ever sold as plastic model kits; for Gundam, it's long been the central thrust of the merchandise). Low production run + scratch-built moulds = manufactuers having to make their profits through high prices. Really, it's more needing to recoup production run costs and desing fees that dictate the price of the figure rather than the size or materials used ont he actual figure itself.
Quit being reasonable and insightful! You're a TF fan; complain like one!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Shockwave looks kind of cool, but I'd rather have an actual Revoltech Shockwave...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Clay wrote:Quit being reasonable and insightful! You're a TF fan; complain like one!
I know, it's weird.... I want to agree on the high price, but meh so little money and so little time....
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I've been building and painting models for as long as I can remember. Mainly Tanks and aircraft. But these don't interest me in the least. Certainly not with those prices. Besides when It comes to transformers it has to actually Transform!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote: Besides when It comes to transformers it has to actually Transform!
Action Masters want to speak with you...

Anyway, are you saying that since Gundams can't transform, i can't kitbash them into TF's? Most demorallising.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]