"Universe" 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime reissue - OUT in the USA now!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

"Universe" 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime reissue - OUT in the USA now!

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

I already have a re-issue, but this would be worth buying for the cool extras, or to keep as a MIB display piece.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I like how the picture of the figure on the back of the box shows the correct size smokestacks, yet the actual figure looks like someone chopped them off at the top of the cab. If it were not for the shortened smokestacks I'd surely be buying one of these, but thats just pitiful looking really.

Any idea on how much this is supposed to cost? It may be a cheaper alternative to the other reissues that are out there, but I'll stick with the Takara TFC 00 release.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

The shortened smokestacks look is starting to bother me more and more. I never had a G1 Prime (too young), but I know I enjoy the mold from having bought a re-issue Ultra Magnus. So of course, I would probably like the Takara re-issue with full 'stacks. But if the colors on this one are really as bright and sweet-looking as these photos would have me believe, I'll probably be a sucker and pick it up.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

It looks pretty fantastic, but I have a sealed G2 Prime and Takara Collection Prime, I don't think I need anymore.

And, correct me if I am wrong, but the colouring of this Prime looks a lot different, the red, grey and blue for instance. They look heightened and more cartoony, is that just me?
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Encore is so full of long smokestack-y goodness. :up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Kali wrote:Any idea on how much this is supposed to cost?
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/univ ... 693F87CFDD
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

$69.99 is quite a lot for a US retail release of that figure isn't it? It is a lot cheaper than buying most of the reissues that are out, certainly cheaper than the going price for a TFC 00 reissue, but still seems like a lot to ask for that mold in my mind.

I'd be curious to know what the figure sold for back in the day when it first came out, simply for comedic purposes. I can't remember what they ran back then, when your parents are buying them you don't think anything about price. I actually don't think I even had that much of a concept of money when I was 5.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Mine was $37.99, bought in Tucson, Arizona. I'm not positive whether it was 84 or 85.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Kali wrote:$69.99 is quite a lot for a US retail release of that figure isn't it?
As that is sure to translate into £69.99 in the UK, I think that's a bargain.

I have two 20th Anniversary OPs and must say that I do like the look of this, emasculated smokestacks aside. No doubt Scraplet1 will be demanding one for his collection, so I'd better get him up a few chimneys in short order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

$69.99? Ugh. I can get one with full smokestacks for about $5 more, ha. But thinking about it more I'm not too sure if I'd go for either...and of course, there's absolutely no way I'm going for the near-$300 one just to get an energon axe.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

ColdBain wrote:It looks pretty fantastic, but I have a sealed G2 Prime and Takara Collection Prime, I don't think I need anymore.

And, correct me if I am wrong, but the colouring of this Prime looks a lot different, the red, grey and blue for instance. They look heightened and more cartoony, is that just me?
They definately look more saturated, particularly the blue. The original was a bit more 'earthy'.. but that may be the pics involved rather than the actual toy.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

He has a point - they're more basic colors. The trailer looks a lot lighter than mine. And the "stem" that holds up the trailer's robot/cockpit thingie is different than the original.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

So the red's the same.. the grey is lighter by a smidge, but the blue is MUCH lighter and brighter.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I might get him. Never had a whole lot of G1 things anyway.
Gareth Infinity

TFVanguard wrote:So the red's the same..
?!

In all of the comparison pics the original has looked darker, glossier, though in some of them only slightly...
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I may get this, as I do not have a G1 Prime and I can't find one of those 20th Anniversary Movie Edition Primes on clearance at Wal-Mart anymore. :D
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
cooldeal99
Protoform

Post by cooldeal99 »

so whens this thing coming out i've never either had the money or gotten a chance to purchase a g1 prime and i'd like to get one now.any info would be apreciated
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I may get this, as I do not have a G1 Prime and I can't find one of those 20th Anniversary Movie Edition Primes on clearance at Wal-Mart anymore. :D
This.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32