It's Official: Animated Show Ends

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Transformer Kamen

It's Official: Animated Show Ends

Post by Transformer Kamen »

From Allspark.com

Our first news from Botcon is a real tearjerker. Hasbro has announced, to the dismay of fans everywhere, that Transformers: Animated has come to an end. The adventures of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Prowl and Sari have finished. Say your farewell to Animated on the Allspark Forums .

Goodbye, Animated. We shall miss you.

tfw2005.com has a short description of the panel, and Tformers.com has some video up of the conference.

Well, we all knew it was coming. All I can add is so long, and thanks for all the fish. :wave:
bumblebeeFTW
Protoform

Post by bumblebeeFTW »

I will miss this show. My daughter and I loved to watch it in the afternoon. Too bad for the toyline as well, so far I had picked up most of the figures that came out.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I wouldn't worry about the toyline just yet. I've seen pics of Arcee and a Cybertron mode Ratchet prototype that I'm sure Hasbro would love to sell to you. I've heard of Blackout and Hot Rod toys in the works, too, so...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Well, we all knew it was coming. All I can add is so long, and thanks for all the fishes. :wave:
Fish.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Can't say I'm overly surprised. Hopefully the remaining toys can show up in universe or something after the movie. Although "Animated will not continue beyond season 3 in animation" indicates they may be pretty interested to continue it in some form. Even if it's just toys.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

As long as i get my Animated Arcee figure, and Hot rod, Ratchte, etc., i'll be perfectly fine.

:wave: Goodbye Animated...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Transformer Kamen

Gouki wrote:Can't say I'm overly surprised. Hopefully the remaining toys can show up in universe or something after the movie. Although "Animated will not continue beyond season 3 in animation" indicates they may be pretty interested to continue it in some form. Even if it's just toys.
If it continues at all, it will probably in comic form. The toyline will probably die with the show. I notice that the rumored new mold's--Arcee, Blackout, Rodimus Prime--are not on display at BotCon.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The shows run can't be that far behind each of the unicron trilogy shows can it?
Transformer Kamen

inflatable dalek wrote:The shows run can't be that far behind each of the unicron trilogy shows can it?
Numerically, it had roughly the same amount of episodes, just oddly spaced. Seasons 1 and 2 ran back to back, and there were around six months or so until Season 3 started.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

This was coming sooner or later, and I'm not surprised. Animated had seen a well-recepted run, and it will be missed. To think that the best show after, like Beast Machiness (a show with actual characterizatioÑ) :wave:
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

Blackjack wrote:This was coming sooner or later, and I'm not surprised. Animated had seen a well-recepted run, and it will be missed. To think that the best show after, like Beast Machiness (a show with actual characterizatioÑ) :wave:
I still think beastwars was even better than BM IMO
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Numerically, it had roughly the same amount of episodes, just oddly spaced. Seasons 1 and 2 ran back to back, and there were around six months or so until Season 3 started.
The entire series had less episodes than one UT show/season.
Transformer Kamen

Gouki wrote:The entire series had less episodes than one UT show/season.
Eh. Each series in the Unicron Trilogy had 52 episodes. Animated had 42. Beast wars had 52; BM 26, and RiD 39, with the original killing the average with 98. I'd say Animated did pretty well numerically.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Eh. Each series in the Unicron Trilogy had 52 episodes. Animated had 42. Beast wars had 52; BM 26, and RiD 39, with the original killing the average with 98. I'd say Animated did pretty well numerically.
All of the UT series had 52 episodes because they were produced in Japan which never does reruns. They need to have a new episode for every week in the year.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Eh. Each series in the Unicron Trilogy had 52 episodes. Animated had 42. Beast wars had 52; BM 26, and RiD 39, with the original killing the average with 98. I'd say Animated did pretty well numerically.
And each series was, for all intents a purposes a new season due to the way anime is aired. So yeah.
Clay

Post by Clay »

It needs to be said: Jazz finally survived until the end of a series.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well didn't he just kinda bugger off in the original series? They didn't really say anything about him dying. They just kinda stopped writing him in since the Scatman died.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Pretty much. Jazz appeared in later episodes, but never again with spoken lines.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

This was the most enjoyable TF series we've had in a long time, IMO. I hate seeing it go.:( But, if what was announced is true, that their planned upcoming series will be of Animated's quality, I look forward to it.:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

After the Transformers movie came out in 2007, wasn't there some mention about making an animated version of the movie characters and making a show about it? And with the upcoming Lockdown in movie-style, I wonder if that could be a possibility again.