Energon Episodes 1-8 Out on DVD

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sir Auros

Energon Episodes 1-8 Out on DVD

Post by Sir Auros »

Not really sure how new this is, but the first eight episodes have been collected in two discs (with four eps. each of course), and are selling for $13 at Walmart.

Again, not really sure if this is news, but it's the first I've heard of them and today appeared to be their release date.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

This is the first I have heard of it. Except the dude in the break room yesterday. Not exactly an acceptable source. That means I am going to get it.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Really? I thought $13 was a bit much for only 4 episodes. For a few dollars more than buying both of those, you could have the first two seasons of Ren and Stimpy uncut.

Plus you can get all the Energon episodes to date in high-res online. Not at CN of course...

Though according to this post by Windcharger at TFW2005, there are extras.
Picked up the Galvatron one at Best Buy, and the Optimus Prime one at Wal Mart, since Best Buy didn't have the first DVD. And Suncoast had them for 16.99. The other places had them for 12.99. No extras as far as I can tell.

Forget I said that. I just sat down to watch them and discovered that the toons have updated dialogue and a whole new intro with Optimus recapping all the happenings of Armada along with footage from the last few episodes. The new intro to the first episode now featers new dialogue between Sally and Kicker arguing about Kicker raising ocean city to go joyriding, and if I am not mistaken, some of the latter dialogue is updated or changed slightly as well. I'll report more as I see it.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

I read that episode 5 wasn`t included. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
"Im drowning in footwear!"
baconchu

Post by baconchu »

I think it's highway robbery, I mean 30 some odd bucks for 32 Ren an Stimpy episodes, and like 15 for 3 or 4 Energon episodes!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'll wait for the season-divided box sets. Um, does anyone know if RID is out on dvd? I'm wondering if they'll break it up, considering it was really just one season. I've heard they're doing Beast Machines by season, and they could logically do that with Armada and energon.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Really? I thought $13 was a bit much for only 4 episodes.

Four episodes watched back-to-back would be about as long as an average feature film, and those usually run $20-30 on DVD.
Fitchman
Protoform

Post by Fitchman »

The better cost effective buy is to wait for the whole season set. IMO. ;)