Saw this on tfw. It's awesome.

Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Yes, indeed it is.

Optimus Prime would NEVER have a gun. Nope. NEVER. :D
Wreck and Rule!
Sades

Post by Sades »

:lol: Good vid. I <3 the "___ React" videos. Lucas is adorbs.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
numbat

Post by numbat »

That made me laugh so much! Can't wait to see what my son thinks of G1. I was also wondering today what he'd make of The Fly (Cronenberg version - the Hammer one is surely hilarious to all)...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I do like the look of disappointment amongst the kids when they find out Transformers is yet another 'recycled' property shoring up the box office...

..also, I absolutely LOVE how silly they find the old Sunbow character models. I bet there's some staunch Geewunners of the 'Michael Bay raped my childhood' up in arms somewhere about this.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Was there ever a version of Optimus that didn't have a gun?

The old character models look like they were from the comic, not the TV show. The kids seemed to think that old Megatron looked more like a hero than old Optimus.

I was looking for a Beast Wars react to see if any of the kids complained about Optimus being a monkey, and found extra footage. I wonder if they saw anything besides the theme song.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Terome

Post by Terome »

That is sweet.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Tantrum wrote:Was there ever a version of Optimus that didn't have a gun?

The old character models look like they were from the comic, not the TV show. The kids seemed to think that old Megatron looked more like a hero than old Optimus.

I was looking for a Beast Wars react to see if any of the kids complained about Optimus being a monkey, and found extra footage. I wonder if they saw anything besides the theme song.
Can you blame them? G1 megs had a hell of a tendancy to diva pose and flaunt his form even if he was alone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Tantrum
Was there ever a version of Optimus that didn't have a gun?

Usually the Fine Bros will show you what they show the 'react'ers, so I believe they only saw the intro.
Destruction is my specialty
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Skyquake87 wrote: ..also, I absolutely LOVE how silly they find the old Sunbow character models. I bet there's some staunch Geewunners of the 'Michael Bay raped my childhood' up in arms somewhere about this.
Yup. [url]http://****notfw2005.tumblr.com/post/120448094469/thefinebros-kids-react-to-transformers[/url]
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

This ruined my morning
i Wanna punch most of them in their faces right now
why are they showing so many girls transformers?
You see, folks? This is why I don't like the internet. I want to laugh at the misogyny and overreaction but it just makes me sad when I realise these are real people thinking these thoughts.

EDIT: Why did you show me [url=http://****notfw2005.tumblr.com/]this website?[/url] I was living in a happy little world where the only Transformers fans were the lovely people on here. Now I'm scrolling down that tumblr like a car slowly rolling past an accident trying to get a good look at the horror and misery.
I like bears.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not sure whether the content or the passive aggressive fridge note concept is more depressing.

Video -- some of the reactions seem more than a bit prompted.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I haven't seen many of these videos, but I really enjoyed the one where old people reacted to the latest Mortal Kombat. That seemed a good use of this concept.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Denyer wrote:some of the reactions seem more than a bit prompted.
Yeah, you always get that with these "reacts" videos. Most of the time I can't be dealing with them, but kids and old people tend to give you a few genuine reactions.
I like bears.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

One thing's for sure, their reaction to the original TMNT was a lot more positive.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Tetsuro wrote:One thing's for sure, their reaction to the original TMNT was a lot more positive.
Pretty sure the catchy as hell opening helped that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Selkadoom wrote:Pretty sure the catchy as hell opening helped that
That much is certain. As much as I like the G1 cartoon, the theme is, quite frankly, shit - especially compared to pretty much every other 80's cartoon. Thundercats or MASK it ain't.

Except for season 3. I like that version.