Teen Titans is ANIME style!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sheba
Protoform

Teen Titans is ANIME style!

Post by Sheba »

And I LOVE IT! :D
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I actually watched this this saturday - it was decent, better than I thought it was going to be anyway. I never read the comics.

BUT THAT DAMN GIRL on vortex on YTV is killing me. Especally with the "Teen Titans!" scream she did all episode. I was praying she'd fall off her hoop thing onto her head
Hound

Post by Hound »

Cyborg bothers me. Starfire bothers me.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Why? What's wrong with Cyborg? (Never read the comic, so I don't know)

As for starfire - she's the chick that fires green stuff - Isn't she a green lantern child or something? Again see above
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Why? What's wrong with Cyborg? (Never read the comic, so I don't know)

As for starfire - she's the chick that fires green stuff - Isn't she a green lantern child or something? Again see above

They made Cyborg into a big ass "Strong guy" looking character for no reason, the look is just wrong if you ask me.

As for Starfire, I saw one episode of her as a valley girl stereotype and was not impressed. She's the princess of an intergalactic warrior race.

You should read the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans stuff it's good...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I might check it out if I ever see any for cheap in the comic store

I dunno, I'll watch it till it gets boring. At least it's on about the time I get up on saturdays
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I would not say anime style really, looks more like a new incarnation of the DC animation style.

I would say anime influenced, but what cartoons of action heroes aren't anymore?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I wasn't impressed with it at all.
The anime and art deco style doesn't mesh well imo and some of the anime sequences seem like more reminder to you that is an "anime" style show.
Blah!

And as Hound said Starfire is NOT a damn vally girl but a kick ass alien warrior princess.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

i was all kinds of excited when i saw that they were doing teen titans, especially with the excellent job that was done on justice league.

words cannot describe how disappointed (read: "pissed off") i was when the show actually aired.

it's a good show in it's own right, i was just hoping for something along the lines of justice league, only with robin, beast boy, et all.

not real keen on the idea of this show being anime-influenced, simply because it doesn't really capture the feel of the comics.

in the comics, the teen titans was about speedy, robin (dick grayson, thank you very much), and whole slew of other sidekicks and random people they picked up along the way trying to get out of the shadow of the "big boys" and become heroes in their own right.

the cartoon is nothing like that, and i think they're doing a great team a great disservice.

or i could just be a pathetic, nitpicky fanboy.

nah, couldn't be.......
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by fort_max
i was all kinds of excited when i saw that they were doing teen titans, especially with the excellent job that was done on justice league.

words cannot describe how disappointed (read: "pissed off") i was when the show actually aired.

it's a good show in it's own right, i was just hoping for something along the lines of justice league, only with robin, beast boy, et all.

not real keen on the idea of this show being anime-influenced, simply because it doesn't really capture the feel of the comics.

in the comics, the teen titans was about speedy, robin (dick grayson, thank you very much), and whole slew of other sidekicks and random people they picked up along the way trying to get out of the shadow of the "big boys" and become heroes in their own right.

the cartoon is nothing like that, and i think they're doing a great team a great disservice.

or i could just be a pathetic, nitpicky fanboy.

nah, couldn't be.......

Don't forget that awful theme song. :wall:
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Don't forget that awful theme song. :wall:

ah yes. the theme song. makes me want to fly into a homicidal rage at the thought of it.

"teen titans!"
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

well Starfire came across more as a naive "don't know the language that well" alien girl.
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I've been watching it some more and I have to agree. Starfire is not a valley girl, just someone completely alien to the culture and language and can't express herself that well.

Though what's her name is comeing off horribly as the stereotypical goth.
Deathscream
Protoform

Post by Deathscream »

I think her name is Raven

The first X-WCW Lord of the Ring!
X-WCW TV Champion (x2)
X-WCW World Champion(x1)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Yeap, it's Raven, just checked.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Teen Titans absolutely blows. I watched it and was dumbfounded that they had fallen from the greatest of the great, (Batman: Animated Series) to this junk...
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've been watching it some more and I have to agree. Starfire is not a valley girl, just someone completely alien to the culture and language and can't express herself that well.

The episode I watched had Starfire talking about shopping at the mall and being perky. To me, that's pretty stereotypical valley girl stuff...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Hound
The episode I watched had Starfire talking about shopping at the mall and being perky. To me, that's pretty stereotypical valley girl stuff...

Which episode is that? I probably haven't seen it. I'm not saying she's the brightest bulb on the tree, just hasn't struck me as a valley girl......... yet
Hound

Post by Hound »

Which episode is that? I probably haven't seen it. I'm not saying she's the brightest bulb on the tree, just hasn't struck me as a valley girl......... yet

It was this one where the bad guy is a puppet who traps the minds of the Titans in little puppet dolls so he can control their bodies. Raven and Starfire somehow have their minds switched into the other's body and so they have to learn to get along with eachother to defeat the bad guy.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ah, nope, haven't seen it yet. (perhaps I'll purposely miss that one ;))