Why I do hope Ben Raab gets shot in the face, and other brief snippets

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Why I do hope Ben Raab gets shot in the face, and other brief snippets

Post by Cliffjumper »

I spent $300 on comics in 3 trips. Woooooo-hah!

Now, out of curiosity I picked up Excalibur #125. God, I always thought Raab was ****. Now I know he is. It's Brian and Meggan's wedding, and yet it's still about the three X-Men. I hope his balls drop off. I mean, I'd just forgotten how stupid Meggan [who sticks by Brian even after he nearly punches her to death on at least one occasion] falling for Piotr was, and here's Ben strutting it around like it's the death of Captain Marvel. then we've got people who sure look like Cerise, Amanda etc. but can't be. We've got Brian allowing THE ****ING LIGHTNING SQUAD, A BUNCH OF NAZIS, TO HIS BLOODY WEDDING! We've got Douglock. Or someone who looks a bit like him.

Why they couldn't cancel it after #102 I don't know. Actually, in my mind they did.

Knights of Pendragon, the first series - I'd like this comic much more if not for the pretentious letters page. "Let's just cram down everyone's throat how different from mainstream comics we are, despite the fact that much of our story revolves around Captain Britain, Union Jack and the Black Panther clobbering demons". The artist can't draw mouths either. But it's not a bad read, and the first volume is highly recommended for any Marvel UK fans. Steer clear of the second series [easiest way to tell is that the second one follows the US Marvel cover format with that white box; the UK series doesn't].

I got meself some decent 80s X-Men stuff too, though Inferno's a pretty inconsistent storyline. Glad I didn't shell out big bucks on the TPB...

Filled in some holes on the superb 3rd series of Captain Marvel... I'm so glad about #14 filling in all the stuff Nicieza didn't have a chance to do with the second. It's a shame Marv isn't a big enough seller to justify another series covering Genis between CM V2 #6 and Avengers Forever... actually, I lost track a little. Is Avengers Forever still future or was that sorted out somewhere along the line? Anyway, the issues I got really reinforced my view that the 3rd series is comic perfection, and the current run, while it does have its moments, is too clever by half...

I did get the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen trade, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I just wish the individual issues didn't cost more than Michael Schumacher as they all just look great - somehow a cover gallery is nowhere near as nice. Griffin's pretty funny as he's just so totally immoral - wonder whether they'll tone him down for the movie? Oh, and I'd bet on Nemo taking down the Hulk.

Marvels, of course, rocked. Brilliant idea, and the last bookis actually quite tense - you know Gwen's going to die [SPOILER! ;)] but you're still on tenderhooks... the Ruins spin-off was pretty dark, and I'd recommend it to Ellis fans. It's a kind of alt-reality spin on Marvels where for various reasons, super-heroes just don't work.

Rest of it was various Avengers & Co bits and bobs none of ya could care less about, though I did get the two issues of MarvelBoy I missed. It's recommended reading :0
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sandman! Buy some Sandman!!!
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Cliffy's stuck mostly with Marvel stuff. Come on, there are a lot of genius stuff outside Marvel like Hound suggested, Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

Check these lists:

http://secondtosomestudios.com/fcbdpic31.jpg

http://secondtosomestudios.com/fcbdpic32.jpg