Transformers Armada Trading Card Game Shelved

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Shrapnel Clone

Transformers Armada Trading Card Game Shelved

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

PPriser lets us know that they wrote into Wizards Of The Coast about the status of the upcoming Transformers: Armada Trading Card Game that was shown at this years Toy Fair. This is the response they got back:

"Question: Hello, I understand that you will be releasing a Transformers Armada trading card game. Can you tell me when it will be released and how much they will cost?

Answer: Unfortunately, the Transformers Armada card game was shelved due low interest from retailers. Maybe at some point we will resurrect the idea, but the frigid initial reception has virtually guaranteed that
it won't be released anytime soon.

Sincerely,
Patrick
Wizards of the Coast - Game Support"

So it looks like for now there will be no Armada card game. Hopefully that might change after the new cartoon debuts. Thanks to PPriser for the information.

From ADC
Transfan
Protoform

Post by Transfan »

I can understand why.They were just trying to ride the coattails of the other successfull CCGs like Magic,Pokemon and Yugi Oh.Personally I can truthfully say that a Transformers:Armada card game would probably get stale quick.Remember Marvel Overpower from a few years back
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Ya, a Transformers CCG wouldnt be as good as the others out there, like the ones Transfan pointed out, but I would check it out if it does come out, just to see what it would be like.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I actually Enjoy the the Warhammer 40k CCG.

GO ORKS!