Post by Nevermore »

http://www.botcon.com/

DRAMA DRAMA
EXPOSITION
DRAMA DRAMA
MORE EXPOSITION
DRAMA DRAMA

*yawn*
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Art's decent, plot the usual by-the-numbers.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I personally don't think it makes Roddy look any more distinguished.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Kinda reminds me of Wreck Gar. I do like the traditional black and purple bad guy colors though.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Alternate universe where good guys are bad and have beards.... hmmmmmm I've seen this somewhere before...
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The fake one was so much better that it's not even funny.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

A strange and scary alternate Universe where Classics Cliffjumper has a different head to Bumblebee. [Insert Twilight Zone theme...]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yup, as predicted by everyone, nowhere near as much fun. Plus art from Figueroa that, while competent, isn't nothing we've seen five thousand times before. Man needs to find some gears, he's in danger of becoming the new Jeff Anderson.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Ah yes...

Beards make you evil. (Or only evil people have beards, I forget which... All I know is Disney Store offered me a job ways back when I was a whipper-snapper on the condition I lose the beard... for those reasons... I expect they're more enlightened these days...)

I do like the Hot Rod paintjob though (not that we've not seen it before in Titanium Menasor, more or less).

Story looks a bit pointless, though.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

The fact that they have to devote dialogue to EXPLAIN the goatee says all. Pete claims they "needed" to do it for "realism". See, there's the problem - a robot with a goatee is not realistic. It's a goofy concept that works best when it's played for laughs. Sigh.

And then there's that over-long explanation for how exactly mirrorverse Cliffjumper died. Is that necessary for the plot? Does it seem natural?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, the problem is that the "plot" of those pages relies on Hot Rod automatically assuming Cliffjumper is the same Cliffjumper he knew. He thinks he knows exactly who he is an exactly what he's done, and yet despite a very weird arrival out of nowhere signifying all's not well, he stands there and tells Cliffjumper stuff the real Evilverse Cliffjumper should know anyway, giving him enough to get Cliffjumper's brain whirring...

Not to mention surely Evilverse Cliffjumper would have looked different to Classicverse Cliffjumper? Wouldn't the Evilverse one be painted in KITTEN BLOOD and have "People = Shit" stencilled on his chest?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:...painted in KITTEN BLOOD and have "People = Shit" stencilled on his chest?

That's how my Classics Cliffy came. Didn't yours???
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: Not to mention surely Evilverse Cliffjumper would have looked different to Classicverse Cliffjumper? Wouldn't the Evilverse one be painted in KITTEN BLOOD and have "People = Shit" stencilled on his chest?

The strip says as much though doesn't it? Though as hot Rod has himself seemingly repainted his face I guess that bit wouldn't seem so strange...
Terome

Post by Terome »

and have "People = Shit" stencilled on his chest?
Yeah, I can totally see evilverse Cliffjumper as an art school kid.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Cliffjumper wrote:Not to mention surely Evilverse Cliffjumper would have looked different to Classicverse Cliffjumper?
Roddy does compliment him on his paintjob in the extended greeting. Wonder if we'll have Evil Cliffy Show up and the two of them tangle.

P.S. I still want the monacled, mustachio'ed Bugbite.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

And, to think, I get asked why I'm letting my membership lapse.

Yes, the 'April Fool's' comic was damn better than this one.
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:All I know is Disney Store offered me a job ways back when I was a whipper-snapper on the condition I lose the beard... for those reasons... I expect they're more enlightened these days...
Sources say no.
Beards are not allowed and sideburns cannot extend below the ear lobes. A mustache should be neatly trimmed and not extend below the corners of the mouth.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

But Alpha Trion, Scourge, and Wreck-Gar have beards.

Admittedly, theirs don't look painted on......

You know, it strikes me that there might be hope for this. If, and it's a big IF here(given that my whole exposure to the "Timelines/Classicsverse" is a couple of random Ironhide/Deathsanrus fight pics from '05 and that installment from the online pdf issue of the Collectors Club mag) they make the whole thing strictly a tounge-in-cheek joke.

They're probably dead serious about this, but there is vague hope. The April's Fool joke was a lot better than this preview....... -sigh- Maybe they could spend a little money and hire Budiansky to write for them.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642