[Original RPG] End of the Line: Turns and Returns (Outer Space)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

End of the Line: Turns and Returns (Outer Space)

Post by Reflector »

I've decided that the Other thread will probably get packed quickly with all the explorative stuff we have coming up...

While Skyfire has delivered a crew of Autobots to recover the old Autobot cruiser Steelhaven from its parking in lunar orbit, Astrotrain prepares to disembark with a team of his own to deliver the reactor stolen from Area 51 to a secret location...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Steelhaven

"Sure thing, Skyfire," Crosshairs said with feigned self-assurance. The Targetmaster pushed gently off a nearby wall, directing himself towards the docking bay's closed doors. He bounced off, but grabbed hold of the doorframe before he could fly off in the other direction.

Once he was stabilized, he popped open a panel on the side of the door and worked the manual release. After pumping it several times, the bay doors slid open just far enough for the Autobot to pass through. After a moment's thought, he pumped the release a couple more times (it wouldn't do for the much-larger Skyfire to be stuck in the bay, after all).

"Our first stop is going to be the bridge," he said. "Once we get there, I can punch in the ship's activation codes and bring the old girl out of storage mode." He shrugged, an odd gesture in a zero-G environment. "After all this time, though, we'll be lucky if a third of the systems start up without being repaired."

He cast his glance upwards, at the unlit illumination bars that were mounted on the ceiling.

"Hopefully the lights will be on that list..."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Steelhaven

Skyfire glanced over his shoulder, still a bit nervous that the Decepticons may be lurking nearby. But he reminded himself that his sensors had detected no such threats, and his thrusters pushed him slowly toward the docking bay's internal doors.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Steelhaven

Outback followed close behind Crosshairs, with a beacon in hand. He was glad to be finally out of the shuttle. "Can't see a blasted thing in here. Wait a sec.." Outback turned on his off-road lights, flooding the passageway with light.

"Subtle as always," Bumper remarked.

Huffer walked behind them, examining some of the circuitry in the walls. "Hmmm." was all he managed to say.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Backstreet and Fizzle started to follow the rest of the team: Fizzle had his pistols out and Backstreets rifle was in his hand. They floated after Skyfire , bringing up the rear of the team.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Steelhaven

Crosshairs couldn't help smiling as Outback's lights illuminated the corridor.

"Good thinking," he said, although he knew that the lights weren't exactly stealthy; if the Decepticons knew enough to be here, they were already in deep trouble.

The Targetmaster 'swam' his way through the zero-G spaceship hallway until he came upon a small access door.

"Emergency access ladderwell," he explained. It should take us right there."

After a few seconds of work, he had the hatch open. Ducking his head inside, he made sure it was clear before entering the tight passage entirely.

"OK," he said. "Time for a bit of a leap of faith..."

Not really amused by his own attempt at humour, the weapons officer simply pushed off of the doorframe, propelling himself straight upwards like a rocket.

I hope I don't bash my head too badly when I get to the end of the shaft... he thought belatedly.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Steelhaven----------
"It's just like a standard rifle but fire faster it would keep Cons busy...for a while."Hoist answered Backstreet.
Hoist floating in the ship found a control panel on the wall he carefully opened rusty panel and turned on the light button
only a few light are on and then he finding the way to engine room.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Steelhaven

Outback pushed off, following Crosshairs, although his equilibrium wasn't nearly as precise. He tumbled around for several seconds, his headlights flashing all around, until he figured out how to control his gyrations. "Heh, this is sort of fun."

Bumper and Huffer crawled through the hatch and launched themselves in similar fashion, although more sedately.
verytired

steel haven... well, where else?

Post by verytired »

Backstreet looked back at the Turrets and shuddered: "I hope they keep them back long enough: Backstreet was torn between his allocated job on the bridge, and his actual occupation of look out: was there anything he should, or could have done to help Hoists Security?
Fizzle floated along in a silent panic: the Zero-G and the vastness of the ship coupled with the unfamiliar terrain of space were wearing on him, as he desperately developed stratagem and plans for defence, counter attack, rescue and retreat...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Steelhaven

Crosshairs looked up above him ('above' being totally relative in a null-grav environment, of course), and saw that the top of the shaft was approaching. Reaching out with his free hand, he snagged hold of a rung of the ladder. His momentum kept him going, though, and broke his grip on the ladder. Seconds later, his head hit the top of the shaft with a resounding crack...which was pretty damned impressive, given that the atmosphere in the ship was almost nonexistant.

Despite the ringing in his audio sensors and general disorientation caused by the impact, the Targetmaster had the sense to push himself to one side of the shaft so that his comrades wouldn't all slam into his feet as they arrived.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Steelhaven

Outback managed to get his gyrations under control just as Crosshairs got out of the way. He hit the wall on his side, letting out a quiet "oof."

Huffer and Bumper pulled themselves along the ladder rungs and waited for Crosshairs to proceed.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Steelhaven

Crosshairs pushed himself across the small passageway, deftly avoiding Outback and grabbing hold of the bridge doorframe. Popping open the access panel, he worked the manual release in the same way he had done with the landing bay door. After about a minute, the door had slid aside far enough for the Autobots to proceed.

Floating off into the bridge, the Targetmaster quickly headed towards the one panel that was still drawing power: the main command console where he would have to enter the reactivation codes.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Steelhaven

Skyfire had hung back to give the others room to maneuver into the narrow passageway. And it certainly was narrow for him - as he floated in, his wingtips scraped against the walls, and his face was only inches away from the ladder. But his thrusters kept him methodically moving up the shaft until he nearly ran into the Minibots ahead...
verytired

Yes, Steelhaven...

Post by verytired »

The Minibots Fizzle and Backstreet were buffeted by Skyfire into following the rest of the autobots on to the Bridge.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Steelhaven

Crosshairs grabbed a hold of the command console as he arced past it, pulling himself into something vaguely resembling a standing position. He tapped a sequence of numbers into the panel's only active keypad, then pressed ENTER.

A few seconds passed, and nothing happened. Then, slowly, the interior lights started to blink on. Several of the bulbs remained dark, but enough of them fired up that the Autobots could see clearly around the bridge.

Moments later, about half of the bridge displays lit up. Several of them flickered and died, and those that were lit showed nothing but startup displays.

"Looks like we've got our work cut out for us," he said to no one in particular.

"Huffer," he called out. "We're gonna need to get the main generators fired up. I don't know how long the backup batteries can keep everything running."
verytired

Steelhaven Bridge

Post by verytired »

Fizzle floated over to a console, and tried to load a main screen: the console flickered pathetically and kept returning to its main log on screen of the autobot logo...
Backstreet attempted the same with little success: the defence screen came up heavily corrupted, with half the outward cameras shutdown or inoperable.
"I'm gonna try loading from a different desk, but I think if the decepticons attack we should be elsewhere" he said with a pained expression as he floated to another terminal...
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Steelhaven

Huffer nodded to Crosshairs in agreement. "I'll get right on it." Already having the ship's schematics in his memory cores, he confidently headed back down the shaft they had just come through.

Bumper, meanwhile, had floated his way to one of the glowing computer terminals. "Hmm...quite a bit of this is fried. We'll probably have to do some programming as well as some rerouting of hardwired circuits. He started digging through the programming code via the terminal, accessing various root menus.

Outback floated near the ceiling, holding on to a ladder rung with one hand, not sure what he should be doing.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

( Thanks Verytired! :) )

Steelhaven, command bridge

Backstreet cleared the best he could the few images from the outward cameras, trying to cover as much view as possible. He pushed some buttons and was able to re-align one sensor dish on the starboard hull, wich started to send data from only 90º wide and 50,000 km range from this ship's section.

" At least we have eyes on the outside. Well, perhaps half-eye... "

Then the triggerbot propulsed himself towards the nearest unnocupied desk, and when he arrived ( a little less dizzy; he was starting to feel comfortable with the zero-G ) tried to load again the ship's defence screen, with poor success. In fact, with null success at all.

" This one is gone... "
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Steelhaven: Bridge

Skyfire floated cautiously into the bridge behind the others. He was significantly relieved that at least some systems were still operational, but it was clear there was still much work to do. He floated up behind Backstreet and spied the images he'd been able to find.

"Can you get a visual of the external damages? I think we will need to make a run for materials. Bumper, I would appreciate if you could begin compiling your observations to develop a comprehensive report of material quantities we will require."
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Steelhaven----------
Hoist came in the one room that full of various engine and generator then he came upon a big round-shape machine."Err..I think I found the gravity controller.Is there any holes on the ship?"He sends his messages to others.