[G1 Megs] It's come to this has it?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

It's come to this has it?

Post by Sir Auros »

Yes, yes it sure f****** has.

Friends, mods, and whelplings, let me tell you all a tale...

A tale of a young man who offered to help an online friend out. He offered to send him some burnt Dreamcast games, and what did he ask for in exchange? Nothing but reimbursement for the shipping. Now, this man's friend also sold copies of the new Dreamwave Transformers comic, so this young man asked his friend if he could send him a comic along with the money if he sent the cover price of the comic along with the CD's he was sending him.

This young man's friend agreed to this, and even offered some other sweet things, like a poster at a cheap price, and a free burnt copy of Warcraft III. So, the young man agreed to this deal and sent his friend (who lives at [Street Deleted for Privacy Reasons]., Rensselaer, NY 12144) a check for $7 and the CD's. The young man's friend in New York got his CD's and said that he was still waiting to get Warcraft III from his connection at work. The young man waited.

After about two weeks of this, the young man told his friend to just send him the comics and the poster and to just forget about the game. The young man's friend offered to throw in a VHS copy of Spiderman as well and ATOTC on CD. The young man's friend told him via AIM one day that he had sent the package with the comics, the poster, the copy of Spiderman on VHS, and the copy of Attack of the Clones on CD, so the young man was happy, and he eagerly awaited the arrival of his packages. A week later, AFTER giving his "friend" the benefit of the doubt, he realized that the package hadn't been sent, and that his so-called friend had lied to him, much like he had lied to MANY people on ebay, the many people who ordered comics from his pathetic, unoriginal website, and to a guy whom we call Garand in these parts.

I have contacted G1 MEGATRON over and over, and over and over again he has fed me so much bullsh**. I have been forced to carry out my threat, and I need your help. Spread the word. He is a liar and a thief. Spread the word. He is no one to do business with. Spread the word. If I do not receive that package in a week from today, then I will not stop this campaign against Andrew Perti, and I will get whatever aid I can to get the Transformer community to detest him and his site as much as Renaud and Bigbot is detested. Spread the word.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

There'll be a little note on the Database next time I update... sorry to hear he ****ed you over Auros :(

EDIT: You have an ebay user ID for him?
Astrotrain255
Protoform

SERIOUS matter

Post by Astrotrain255 »

Ohh man this is some SERIOUS matter...I'm just a newbie here and perhaps I dont have even the right to get involved in this thread,but my sincere opinion is that,if the package doesnt arrive,something HARSH must be done...and I think that as a community we may indeed **** the guy
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't have his ebay user id, but I did see his feedback once, of course AFTER I had sent him my part of the deal, and it was horrible. I think Garand or SSG might have his account name...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jim PM'd it to me... I'll leave it up to him whether he posts it on the forum or not...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... =megati20n

My oh my, that certainly doesn't look like very good feedback, now does it? That last comment really strikes a cord with me, since his lack of a driver's liscense and his mom's work schedule were his usual excuses for not sending the packages.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

and you all thought it was me...

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

well, well, well.....
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

yeah he sucks, his international shipping rates for the comics blow, i'm rather glad I didn't buy from him now.

Speaking of Garand and trading, if you read this, can you tell me if you have found anything out from the post offive because I still havn't recieved my package.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

As someone who has herd of his trading history, I wish you luck Auros on behalf of Garand-an extreamly great poster here and anyone else who was screwed and should be avenged.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

This is probably only a pin-pricking, but hopefully it'll be to the eyeball - everyone get in touch with anyone you know with a TF website, and if they have it there wipe g1tf from any links pages... don't put it in sigs, don't credit it, nothing... I know it sounds silly, but we all know what the ****er's ego is like...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Exactly Quicky, that is exactly what I'm trying to do here, so peeps spread the word.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

And to think I was considering sending my toy reviews to that a**hole's site when I coulda had them here at the finest site we know, the Archive...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

One reason I'm so weary about trading and havn't exactly hopped to buying the comics on CD from cliffy, I know I'll screw up and look like this jack ass.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Heh...well, give one of us a shout when/if ya care to, B... :)

G1 Megs? Well, without meaning to give offence to any of our less decrepid members, this is why I don't tend to do trades for anything particularly important with young teenagers unless I know 'em well...

Anyone ordering from Andi with the DW stuff having problems, BTW?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
One reason I'm so weary about trading and havn't exactly hopped to buying the comics on CD from cliffy, I know I'll screw up and look like this jack ass.
Me'h, to be honest, the only real capacity for screw ups is at my end... Well, actually not any more, as I actually comprehensively test the things now after a bit of laziness saw me have to mail a new CD out to Australia!

Talking of which, MEGATRON had the gall to offer me the brilliant deal of footing shipping costs of sending him a comic CD, with me in return getting the ability to link to the HTML pages when they were on g1tf, complete with watermarks [someone explain to me how you can mark an image you don't own the copyright to?]... you can see why I managed to turn down that little bargain...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

"Send me your images so I can host them for you whilst passing them off as mine"

Hmmm.... tempting...
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Or better yet, "Send me your review so I can casually remove your name from the top of the page and replace it with my own." Yeah, that was a good day for mankind...
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

That sucks that he screwed you like that, Auros.

Not that I use ebay or anything much anymore, but I will keep a heads up and give friends with TFs to sell or buy the word about him as well.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Hmmm... A blatant flame of a board user? Surely not....

*hands Auros a firecracker*

Shove that up his rear instead.

Thanks for the warnings folks, I'll be keeping this in mind.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Isn't he a former member of the board, as in he's banned? I aways found the guy arrogant to a fault, and as Auros says, g1fdt was a **** site anyway... oh, hang on, with the asterisks I might as well say ****!