ARMADA: Like we didn't know this was coming....

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Prowl?
Protoform

ARMADA: Like we didn't know this was coming....

Post by Prowl? »

Its official....
Credit: transfandom.com
TRANSFORMERS: There are robots... and then there are ROBOTS IN DISGUISE! When Hasbro introduced the TRANSFORMERS brand in the U.S. nearly 20 years ago, it popularized a unique concept -- vehicles that kids can change to robots and back again. This fall, Hasbro will introduce a new segment called TRANSFORMERS ARMADA. In addition to change and combination, the TRANSFORMERS ARMADA line features a new way to play for the TRANSFORMERS brand -- "integration." The line and television show will feature a new breed of TRANSFORMERS robots called MINI-CON TRANSFORMERS. These MINI-CON TRANSFORMERS robots "plug" into larger TRANSFORMERS robots from the different assortments to enhance battle features and unlock hidden features, bringing more exciting elements of play and discovery for kids and collectors. (Approximate retail price: $6.99-39.99; recommended ages: 5 & up; available in August)

For official Hasbro announcement, click da link
http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_si ... _id=255465
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Shrapnel Clone

Re: ARMADA: Like we didn't know this was coming....

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Prowl?
These MINI-CON TRANSFORMERS robots "plug" into larger TRANSFORMERS robots from the different assortments to enhance battle features and unlock hidden features, bringing more exciting elements of play and discovery for kids and collectors.
Overlord anyone?
Brawn
Protoform

Post by Brawn »

oh joy, oh happy day

I didn't die...I just went away for a while!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I was thinking, headmasters or targetmasters etc etc etc. Or thats what they sound like to me let's hope it's not like the micromaster combiners.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Denyer

So...

Post by Denyer »

...we know that Hasbro has no new ideas. Let's just hope that the moulds are well-designed!
Halfshell

Re: Re: ARMADA: Like we didn't know this was coming....

Post by Halfshell »

If I see one more person say it's gonna be Victory, I'm gonna start banning random Dutchmen...

Oh, hello...
Originally posted by Kickback
Overlord anyone?
Mini-cons are sold seperately. Starting at $6.99, apparantly.
Can you really see Hasbro flogging Powermaster engines (or Brainmaster / Breastforce components) seperately to the actual toy, starting at seven bucks?

Honestly? B'ah. It also says "new breed" - Pmasters have been done.
Denyer

Hehe...

Post by Denyer »

...does it count if the person who says it isn't Dutch?

I just hope that Hasbro doesn't get too fired up over the suggested electronic/web element (I have this mental image of people plugging Fire Convoy into a telephone socket...)
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Eh, tired of written ads, I want to see some pictures. Start releasing those, Hasbro, and I'll comment further.
Triceratron
Protoform

Not an old series

Post by Triceratron »

It's very clear from everything I've heard about Armada (both confirmed and unconfirmed) that Hasbro is not doing some rehash here. Okay, the Headmasters and Powermasters are very similar in concept, but nothing about the assortment info or the idea of minicons themselves lends credibility to theories of them bringing over a Japanese series or reissuing HM or PM toys. I do think the selling three-packs of minicons separately is suggesting of the Japanese Headmaster toyline where the heads are sold separately, but there's very little else that could be a reissue of some sort, and most information contradicts the reissue idea. It sounds exactly like Hasbro is doing a new show and new toys based on a revamp of the old concept. Minicons are probably as far from being HMs or PMs (and TMs for that matter) as HMs are from PMs. They are a set of small TFs that bigger TFs use, but they don't seem to share much else.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I don't care about that stuff. I just want to see if they look cool. That's what will get my money.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

I hear that Primes Minicon turns into the Matrix.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Brawn
Protoform

Re: Not an old series

Post by Brawn »

Originally posted by Triceratron
It's very clear from everything I've heard about Armada (both confirmed and unconfirmed) that Hasbro is not doing some rehash here.
Yeah and smoking hash instead...

I didn't die...I just went away for a while!
Jetfire

I'll get happynonce I see the figures, and cartoon....and comic.

Post by Jetfire »

So basically Armada will be harbro reissuring powermaster's with the hype : 'Becasue We listen to the fans who really want G1 to return and give them what they want' :rolleyes:
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I jes think it's cheap/lame/& dirty of Hasbro to not show NE pictures. When they hold off this bad on pictures u either know it's gonna be REALLY awesome or REALLY crappy.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Just saw pictures in other thread. They are ugly as sin.