jetfire and Macross

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
jazz007
Protoform

jetfire and Macross

Post by jazz007 »

Hi,
i saw an auction on ebay wif jetfire and Macross together. thus i am curious that when was that macross figure manufactured? wat is it present market value now? can he be easily found in ebay?

Thanks to anyone who reply tis msg.
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

what is the macross figure?
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

it is a macross figure model is VF-F1 i tink...not very sure... but the macross figure is exactly the same as jetfire..
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

it's hard to say, there's a lot of macross veritech fighters out there, new and old, and there's this one flimsy knock-off one all over e-bay that's real cheap plastic thrown together (but still an okay-looking figure). do you have the link to the auction?
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

Hi, the link is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1749909899

PLease give me ur comments for the macross figure. where can i find it?

Thanks!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

They are both obviously the real thing, but $710 to start out seems pretty high to me. Not sure if the Macross figure is that valuable, but I'd top out a Jetfire in that condition at $200, absolute maximum. So, $500 for the other figure? That's way too much, methinks. You'd better be a HUGE Macross fan if you're willing to pay that. :)

Edit: I also noticed a little bit of yellowing on the Macross figure's nose, that's gonna bring the value down a bit, unless it's just the way the light's hitting it. Also, you live in Singapore, and he doesn't list prices for international bidders, so he either won't ship there, or is gonna charge you an arm and a leg for it.
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

HI,
i jus feel that the figure is the same as jetfire as they both came using the same mold. but macross seems to have a little more accessories than jetfire, and look quite nice too... thus attracting my attention... but i dun noe the mkt value the macross figure... and i haben seen him in ebay b4....
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

It seems to me that the only real difference in the two molds is the nosecone. Jetfire's looks more rounded than the Macross guy's. Other than that, they should be identical. I can't really comment on the Macross guy's value or anything like that, since I stick to TF's :D I don't like the green eyes, though.
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

welp, somebody bought it. pretty serious toy collector too, all kinds of stuff, including...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1743952343

monopoly cars?!
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!