When Yu-Gi-Oh and Hellboy collide...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

When Yu-Gi-Oh and Hellboy collide...

Post by Alpha Trion »

Read this in a magazine, and remembered we have at least a couple Hellboy fans here, so I thought I'd share. The image speaks for itself.

http://img8.exs.cx/img8/4149/yugihellboy.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's nice to see back-scratching between authors/artists who are fans of each others' work...

Can someone give me a potted explanation of what Yu-Gi-Oh is, though?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Denyer
It's nice to see back-scratching between authors/artists who are fans of each others' work...

Can someone give me a potted explanation of what Yu-Gi-Oh is, though?

i'm not particularly well versed in Yu-Gi-Oh but i'll give it a shot... h stuff it, this is taken from the official website (its the cartoon background)

Meet Yugi, and his best buds, Joey, Tristan, and Téa. They share a love for the newest game that's sweeping the nation: Duel Monsters!

Duel Monsters is a card-battling game in which players pit different mystical creatures against one another in wild, magical duels! Packed with awesome monsters and mighty spell-cards, Yugi and his friends are totally obsessed with the game.

But there's more to this card game than meets the eye!

Legend has it five thousand years ago, ancient Egyptian Pharaoahs used to play a magical game very similar to Duel Monsters. This ancient game involved magical ceremonies, which were used to foresee the future and ultimately, decide one's destiny. They called it the Shadow Game, and the main difference back then was that the monsters were all real! With so many magical spells and ferocious creatures on the earth, it wasn't long before the game got out of hand and threatened to destroy the entire world! Fortunately, a brave Pharaoh stepped in and averted this cataclysm with the help of seven powerful magical totems.

Now, in present times, the game has been revived in the form of playing cards.

Meanwhile, Yugi's grandfather gives Yugi an old Egyptian puzzle that no one can solve, but when Yugi finally pieces the puzzle together, his life is forever changed. The puzzle instills Yugi with incredible powers, and ultimately creates his alter ego, Yami Yugi!

Soon after, the mysterious creator of the Duel Monsters card game, Maximillion Pegasus, kidnaps Yugi's grandfather and Yugi is drawn into a Duel Monster's competition that Pegasus arranged. Now Yugi must duel his way through a tournament and defeat Pegasus in order to save his grandfather.

How will Yugi do it? Will the help of his friends, his belief in the heart of the cards, and the mysterious power of his magical Millennium Puzzle be enough?

Giant monsters! Powerful magic! And ancient Egyptian legends! Yu-Gi-Oh! King of Games! is one action-packed adventure series that holds all the cards! It's your move.

one thing to say though is that Yu-Gi-Oh is not actually an amazingly bad show, most of the episodes ive seen ive enjoyed enough to watch them all the way through
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

not a fan of YU-GI-OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!11111ONE11 but mike's pic was hilarious.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

From what I've seen Yu-Gi-Oh is essentially Pokemon with cards that bring monsters rather than the balls.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
From what I've seen Yu-Gi-Oh is essentially Pokemon with cards that bring monsters rather than the balls.

The monsters are played on a holo-graphic playing field.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."