mechabot

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
alphaomecha
Protoform

mechabot

Post by alphaomecha »

NEW old school robot toy...check it!

in a already awesome world of transformers, gundams, & microanuts i find this cool robot toy that is just timeless, cool, & retro! mechabot looks like a batman & optimus prime & ultraman kinda hero. reminds me of stuff i didn't know i liked growing up.
check it http://www.gohero.com or mechabot.com!

americanized japanese vinyl type collectible...
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I know I liked growing up, but I could do without the constant shaving.

Damn my spectacular hormones.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

One for big fans of stuff such as Shin Getter Robo only, I think...
UltraRoboto
Protoform

Post by UltraRoboto »

Hey people!

I'm new to the group and glad the be here! Yes, Mechabot is wicked cool. I have the Metallic and Gray Figure and should be getting my Matte finish soon.

PLUS, the Mechabot debut kits available for order NOW!!!

http://www.gohero.com/Debut_Kit.htm

Also, check out:

http://www.Mechabot.com
http://www.GoHero.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mechabot/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Out of curiosity, is there an actual backstory or is this just a manufactured collectible you're both virtually salivating in promoting? Because this seems to be nothing but a thinly-veiled advertisement...
UltraRoboto
Protoform

Post by UltraRoboto »

Oh yes, your point is well taken.

The backstory, character bios, animated adventures as well as LIVE ACTION footage (which was featured at Comic Con) were created long ago and are in the process of being reworked and should be on the new site shortly.

Having seen the old material, etc, I assure you that my excitement is well warranted.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

A quick google search reveals very little apart from the mechabot site it self . And more random advertisment on differnt board .
Makes you wonder .
Oh and the predecessor of omega supreme under the name mechabot and in black and red has been found .
Nice color scheme i must say .
Can be found here for those who are interested >>http://home.student.utwente.nl/j.blok-10/mechabot.htm
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Those are better photos than I've seen elsewhere... yeah, I can see such a vague trademark running into recognition challenges.

It's interesting to watch the manufacture of culture—I mean, 80's properties were as much the result of marketing strategies as anything now, but we weren't really in a position to deconstruct them at the time. Now that we are, it's positively fascinating.
alphaomecha
Protoform

Post by alphaomecha »

in a already cool cool world of...

MARVEL & DC
DISNEY & WARNER BROS
LUCAS & SPEILBERG
TRANSFORMERS & GUNDAMS
TOYS & ART

MECHABOT is...makes me think i am at the beginning of something cool like way back when optimus, batman & spiderman were even first CREATEd. i am sure there is a backstory somewhere. but shoot...

while the MAINSTREAM & CORPORATENESS assimilate & rerepackage & remarket the norm the standard the quo...here is a new collectible by one american dreamer. that rocks!

its cool to be a fan of things but it is a challenge to try to create something NEW. i am an artist & a fan. not more than that.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Batman first appeared in 1939, so I'm guessing you're either around the age of my grandparents or spouting hyperbole... Spider-Man was 1963, which is mildly more realistic...

Yes, it is a challenge to create something new—in fact, within the context of Japanese-styled animation with eponymous heroes, I'd say it's pretty much impossible when faced with an unbroken chain of similar styling dating from 1974 onwards; it is part of the mainstream.

There's nothing wrong with admitted repackaging—I mean, take a look at the 80s properties. TFs, Thundercats, MOTU, Centurions, G.I. Joe, BraveStarr, POP, Captain Power, D&D, Voltron, Ghostbusters, Jayce &TTW, Jem, Inhumanoids—what actually raised those above trite good/evil dualities and one-shot ideas was the quality of the backstory. The principle thing each had going for it was the first exposure effect—we were the first Western generation to which direct character marketing of toys on TV was permitted—but what stuck... well, you guessed it.

Assuming your acquaintances are aiming to 'create' something people will be talking about twenty or fifty years later, they might want to stress the backstory...
alphaomecha
Protoform

Post by alphaomecha »

i dunno the Future.

300% agree with your comments, insight, & working knowledge of the topic. i am 33. & am versed in thee subjects as well. toy & comic culture is finite/calculatable not some limitess unknown.

good character & story drives everything. agree!
repackaging & remarketing can be cool. agree!
america the first to market direct to kids..known/agree! so.

i dont foresee anything New or have any hot predictions.
history repeating itself upoetically happens & this(Mechabot) could be a thing like that. that's kinda the short version. no big.

time will tell i guess what is timeless & cool & what is all hype & fad. thanks for all the dates & stuff. its cool to reply someone who knows what they are talking about & are a fan of like.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

hmmmmmm so basically the site is making it out to be something that will go down in history and be nostalgic about 20 years later.........it can't be done that way.....it just happens or it doesn't.

pokemon or something like that is probbaly going to be the retrofad of 2020.....(if even retrofads still happen then) (provided nintendo lets pokemon dissapear for awhile)
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
alphaomecha
Protoform

Post by alphaomecha »

regard or disregard history & hype.
i have the mechabot designer vinyl figure now & it is pretty darn cool. judges can judge for themselves. it's just another cool toy for the collection. LOL.