First look at Animated Wreck-Gar in video advert

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

First look at Animated Wreck-Gar in video advert

Post by Ackula »

Here is an advert from Cartoon Network for Transformers Animated. The advert features the arrival of Sentinel Prime on Earth, along with the Elite Guard, and also shows a brief clip of Junkion (Wreck-Gar). Junkion is voiced by Weird Al, in a link to the original Transformers The Movie show. Video below...

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm assuming this is a recent commercial, right? Is the time wrong for anyone else? It plays out here (US Central Time) at 9:30, but the commercial says 11 Eastern (that would be 10 Central). Is it just my local cable company delaying things, or is CN wrong in the commercial?
(Totally unimportant. I'm just curious.)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Yeah it is supposed to be a recent commercial. It comes on at 7AM here on the west coast.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

7:30 AM PST HERE ON DISH NETWORK
Come on and wind me up.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

1:00pm on youtube

</jest>
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

The commercial is from YTV the Canadian Channel that shows TF Animated. It's been showing TFA a bit longer than Cartoon Network. Just to let you guys know
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

That commerciel is revolting. The shows good but some people would have to get past that vile ad first if they had never seen it before.

The real show shines through but its a rubbish ad that Animated dosnt deserve.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

If that really is Weird Al, it was a good idea of the cartoon's staff to hire him for this role! Can't wait to see this episode :).
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

YTV has that stupid voice actor for all of their show ads. He's still not as bad as the host of their morning show that comes on during the commercial breaks though.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

As horrid as that commercial may be to us, I'd imagine it appeals to their actual target audience fairly well. I always tape the show since I have a meeting while it airs. Even fast forwarding through the commercials, I get a headache from them. My children, however, want to rewind and watch the commercials again sometimes. Kids these days...
Silent Rage
Protoform

Post by Silent Rage »

This does not interest me. It's way too cartoony. Or should I not judge on the animation alone? Because usually I notice that if I do, it works out pretty good.

Wingsabre wrote:That commerciel is revolting. The shows good but some people would have to get past that vile ad first if they had never seen it before.

The real show shines through but its a rubbish ad that Animated dosnt deserve.
All YTV commercials are like that. :/
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Is that an item of female underwear Wreak Gar is holding? I am shocked and appalled at the thought of our children being exposed to the idea women wear underwear and shall be writing a sternly worded letter to my MP.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

Well noone has said anything, but did anyone notice jazz standing there to, he looks pretty sweet. And I cant wait to see him in action.