Next Takara reissue = Battle Convoy (= G2 Laser Prime)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Next Takara reissue = Battle Convoy (= G2 Laser Prime)?

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Ooh! That's a nice mold. I probably won't be getting it, since I all ready have LOP, RID Scourge and Korean Black Convoy. That is, unless it comes with some really sweet extras that will justify the cost, but if anyone doesn't have this mold, I'd highly recommend it. :up:
Alternator Swindle
Protoform

Post by Alternator Swindle »

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: finally no ebay searches!!!!!!!!:)
XBL Gamertag: DR SR PEANUT
Socom 3: DR.SR.PEANUT
Resident Evil!!!!!
Resident Archive NASCAR fan
-Predaking-
Protoform

Post by -Predaking- »

I am happy with my RiD Scourges thank you. :)

But I'll let my brother know so he can decide if he wants or not. He's still not gotten Star Convoy, Sonic Bomber, and with upcoming Blaster reissue (he's after the blue repaint) I doubt he'll have much money left. :laugh:
chimung
Protoform

WOOOOO!

Post by chimung »

F'ing A!!!!
I been wanting one of these!
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
Clay

Post by Clay »

Question: Will the Battle Convoy have the electronics for the light-up sword and gun included? I'd assume they would be, considering that's the real, principle difference between the G2 Prime and Scourge. I'd be interested in one if it does, even though I already have a Scourge.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

I won't begrudge this reissue to those who want him, but I very much doubt I personally would get him. Like RID Scourge, I already have all three versions of the mold still in good shape.
The main reason I get the reissues is that I either don't have the original or my own originals are a bit worse for the wear (so to speak). Laser Rod Optimus Prime does not fit into either catagory. The inevitable eHobby recolor might be more interesting.

One more thing, on TW2005, there were mentions of Toxitron, supposedly a G2 recolor of Laser Prime in horribly garish colors which was never produced. Can anyone elaborate?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm surprised they didn't go for the Commemorative Spychanger colour scheme myself.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Roadstripe
One more thing, on TW2005, there were mentions of Toxitron, supposedly a G2 recolor of Laser Prime in horribly garish colors which was never produced. Can anyone elaborate?

I thought Toxitron was a cancelled RiD release?

Either way, he was shown at this year's BotCon as part of the "no pictures allowed" Rare Toys panel.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Awe, that sounds like it would have been a funny one. In a way, it sounds like the GI Joe echo warriors.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
GI Joe echo warriors.

Bat/Dolphin Fuzors with human heads, possibly the heads of Joes? Don't let Devil's Due hear that, they'll do a WAREnfield/GI Joe crossover. Might be better than the other two, though.
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

battle convoy is better as scourge than himself
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Bat/Dolphin Fuzors with human heads, possibly the heads of Joes? Don't let Devil's Due hear that, they'll do a WAREnfield/GI Joe crossover. Might be better than the other two, though.

Oops. I mean't eco warriors . . . http://www.yojoe.com/action/subteams/ec ... obra.shtml
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

whoa, those GI joes sure look s**t
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, on the upside, they were designed so that they would get splotches on their uniform if you dunked them in water. Color change is awesome! And they were made when saving the environment was considered the hip, new thing, and everybody cared, or pretended they did*, so they sold really well.

*Giving rise to that weakling, Captain Planet, who would die if you threw a crumpled up piece of paper at him, but somehow, the villains could never beat him . . .
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Nevermore:
I thought Toxitron was a cancelled RiD release?
I have no idea. Until I read TW2005's thread, I never knew he existed.
Either way, he was shown at this year's BotCon as part of the "no pictures allowed" Rare Toys panel.
Figures Hasbro wouldn't allow any incriminating evidence to escape.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Roadstripe
Figures Hasbro wouldn't allow any incriminating evidence to escape.

The "Rare Toys" Panel featured several toys provided by private collectors who, for whatever reason, felt that allowing photos of their toys being taken would somehow invade their privacy.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Nevermore
The "Rare Toys" Panel featured several toys provided by private collectors who, for whatever reason, felt that allowing photos of their toys being taken would somehow invade their privacy.

Or stop them from feeling quite as elite when pictures of unproduced toys hit the web and everyone goes "Bugger me, that's ugly! What sort of idiot paid a fortune for that?".
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Nevermore

Because exhibiting them at a convention where people can poke/prod/burn them is in no way a similar invasion...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Yeah, but you get to say that people forked over more than $300 to go to a convention to see your toy and all they have to show for it are a bunch of lousy repaints. :up: