Unicron committing suicide?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Unicron committing suicide?

Post by Civ »

Ok, I'm watching the movie and I notice after Unicron's transformation that he swallows Galvatron AND the Matrix. Now here's the question, since Unicron knows the Matrix is the only thing that can stand in his way, why does he swallow the darn thing? Isn't that like knowingly ingesting poison?

I know that the TF series and movies have a lot of subtle plot holes like Astrotrain saying, "jettison some weight or I'll never make it to Cybertron" while he's in the depth of space or Hound and Sunstreaker being in two places at the same time (the sign and the shuttle). But why would the writers do something that blatantly dumb?

I don't know if this was posted before or not, but I ran a search and I came up with a couple hundred possible matches. I looked through the more promising ones but nothing came up. So if this is a repeat for you guys, then sorry in advance.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Civ
But why would the writers do something that blatantly dumb?

That is what we ask ourselves everyday, there are many plots holes that are unexplained. One of them is the constructicons. There has been very many things that have gone ... a-miss with them like how they created Megatron and when they did that there were more then 6.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I always figured it like this:

Galvatron couldn't open the matrix, so he figured it'd be safe in his stomach. When he tells Galvatron to finish Hot Rod, you can actually hear the panic in his voice as if he knows that Hot Rod's the chosen one. The thing is, he never figured that the chosen one would end up inside him. He probably would have smashed Hot Rod's ship, rather than swallow him, but Hot Rod sent a ship, ramming through his eye. Had he know what was going to happen, he probably would have thrown it into the sun or something.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

That, and Unicron has helluva big ego, he'd never suspect some little robots could beat him.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Galvatron couldn't open the matrix, so he figured it'd be safe in his stomach.
Yup.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Ozz
That, and Unicron has helluva big ego, he'd never suspect some little robots could beat him.

Either that or he thought Galvatron would land in the acid tanks
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Garrason
Protoform

Post by Garrason »

Lets see my body is full of asid tanks and big claw things and who knows what else if i put this in me the autobots will never be able to reach it and if the do i take one decp. i can make do my bidding to protect it. so thinks Unicron.

gee who would think the chosen one of the autobots would be suacidal enough to fly a ship into his face? If one takes the time to notise it is the only time Unicron shows any PAIN befor the matrix is opend
If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I assume he felt something when the Dinobots were messing around with his ass (that sounds so dirty if you haven't seen the movie, does'nit?). Afterall, he couldn't see them, and they were tearing it up, but he managed to try to grab them.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's TF:TM. It's not meant to make sense, just money.

Did a damn good job too!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

'Bout fifteen years after the fact...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Details, m'boy, pure details. That fact it put the first nail in the franchise's coffin, and isn't actually any good, is neither here nor there. I'm sure all the Hasbro execs who hung themselves so their family could live off the life insurance to keep off the streets back in Winter '86 are happy for their modern day analogues' success, coming off the back of only about 40,000 seperate video and DVD reissues, or at least gloatingthat they might have the same dramtic overreaching to look forward to...