[BW,BM] Home born predacons and maximals

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
jazz007
Protoform

Home born predacons and maximals

Post by jazz007 »

Jus asking, where did the stasis pod came from? when maximal and predacons first came to earth, they were originally from cybertron. y were tfs like tigatron, silverbolt, quickstrike have no memory of them staying in cybertron? and if u realise, when the quantum surge came, all those that came in stasis pods like inferno, blackarachnia were not transmetalised? only those that 1st came to cybertron were transmetalised.

thanks to anyone that ans this question!!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The Axalon was an exploration vessel. Its main task was to travel through space/time, find new worlds and investigate them.

Rather than send out a full crew everytime, the ship had a basic crew of four, along with a full compliment of brand new protoforms in stasis.

Ready-made people, shiny and new, ready to be "born" on arrival on the new planet. Hence, no recollection of Cybertron :)
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

im sure tigatron did remember cybertron, he just felt earth was his birthplace. if the protoforms didnt know of cybertron then how come blackarachnia seems the know more about the past than anyone else cos i dont think the preds would have bothered packing reading material when going to find earth, from what i know and what ive read, the only ones who dont remember cybertron were those in the stasis pods that were damaged
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

if that is the case, then y did the stasis pods didnt land on earth immediately? instead one by one fall down to earth? and in cases like rampage, when did he have a animal form of its own when the stasis pod is already damaged? if stasis pods protoforms are supposed to be newly 'born' tf, y transmutate was a failure before it came to earth?
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

btw, tigatron seems to have a partial memory of his past. so how do u explain it?
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I don't know, i'll guess;

Maybe Tigatron went for a clean install rather than a total reformatting. So only his system files were wiped clean, but everything else about him was intact, so he was himself, with all the bugs worked out.

As for the others, well, information of all types (apart from that typed on paper) is intangible. It wouldn't be any great stretch of the imagination to have the entire history of cybertron encocded digitally onto something the size of.... my fingernail, and then made accessibl to every protoform as part of their historical programming, or just implanted in their documents files so they can glance over when they're in the mood.

I love Beast Wars. Its so cool.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by jazz007
if that is the case, then y did the stasis pods didnt land on earth immediately? instead one by one fall down to earth? and in cases like rampage, when did he have a animal form of its own when the stasis pod is already damaged? if stasis pods protoforms are supposed to be newly 'born' tf, y transmutate was a failure before it came to earth?
They didn't land on earth immediately because Primal sent them into Earth orbit to prevent the Predacons from getting them, on occasion one would fall to earth for whatever reason, but for the main part in orbit they stayed.

Just because the stasis pod is damaged doesn't immediately mean that the protoform can't pick up a beast mode, take into account Airrazor who hardly had a great start to life as a damaged stasis pod meant Rhinox had to work incredibly hard and risk his own life to bring it online.

Transmutate was a 'failure' because there was no lifeform around for it to scan, ergo it had no beast mode...displayed when it couldn't transform.
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

then may i noe how did rampage survive with his spark outside of his body? and it seems that his spark is indestructible. and he was used to replicate starscream mutant spark. may i noe wat is this whole thing abt?
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

oso, for the protoforms, is it all are maximal protoforms? if it is, then y quickstrike is already behave like a predacon before it is discovered by megatron?
StoneCold Skywarp

USE THE FREAKIN' EDIT BUTTON!!!

Rampage's spark was never out of the shell for more than a short while, his spark was indestructible, but always in a housing.

Rampage's spark was developed by the maximals in attempt to replicate the spark of Starscream, which succeeded, only too well and created an unstable psychopath.

All the Protoforms WERE maximal, though many that were turned Predacon was due to the Predacon encryption that was programmed into them prior to scanning a lifeform.

Rampage had no choice but to become a Predacon because Megatron dissected his spark and tortured him with it.
Quickstrike was merely hungry for destruction and followed the predacon path.
Computron

Post by Computron »

ok, first point, I'm not having a go but could u possibly check your spelling before you post, I don't expect Shakespear and my grammar is **** but it takes me about 5-6 attempts to understand what your trying to say.

secondly your questions:

Rampages spark could survive outside his body because it was almost indestructable. The Maximal scientists attepted (not 100% successfully but about 90%) to recreate Starscreams indestructable spark. That is why Megatron was able to cut it in half and subsequently use it to control Rampage and make him become a Predacon.

Quickstrike was evil because that was the way he is. WHether it be because he was accidentally programmed that way (even in a supposingly peacefull country like UK/ USA etc.. you still get Psychos so it could happen every now and again in Maximal society) or perhaps his beast modes exhibited some side effects on his programming in a similar way that Inferno thought he was an ant because his logic circuits got fried. Quickstrikes pod was damaged partly in the Quantum surge so the protoform inside could of been damaged too.

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Tigatron had memories of Cybertron due to his basic programming. Same reason he could speak, stand up, transform, et cetera - they're hardly born with a blank mind. They're preprogrammed with basic knowledge on who and what they are.

Blackarachnia and Inferno had their programming changed by Tarantulas. Watch "Spiders Game" and you'll see Tarry place a Predacon coding chip into the stasis pod's control panel - this meant that Predacon data was downloaded into Inferno, instead of Maximal trax. This supports the paragraph above.

Quickstrike and Silverbolt were both Maximals. However, Megatron remotely-accessed the stasis pods before the data download was complete, and therefore they had Predacon activation codes. He took advantage of their confused state and lack of knowledge (if you recall "Fallen Comrades" you'll know that Tigatron was also intially uncertain of his allegiance) to convince them they were Predacons. The "terrorise" activation codes supported this.

Silverbolt quickly realised the truth. Quickstrike probably did as well, but as he illustrated in "Tangled Web," he doesn't care who he follows, as long as he gets the chance to "kick keister" "regular, like"

Rampage's spark was always housed within his body, and is the only protoform who can be proved to have had a past life. Please note: There is nothing that proves any of the others didn't, but Rampage is the only character where it is proven. The operation to remove a portion of his spark was conducted after he left the stasis pod, so the whole issue is rendered completely irrelevant.

Oh, and Sky - the Maximals didn't succeed in replicating Starscream's indestructable spark. They nearly did... but remember, he did die eventually ;)
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i believe when tarantulas was messin about with infernos pod he was attempting to gain access to his scan sensors so he could chose the beast mode, the spider he had with him.

and quickstrikes hunger for destruction probably can be linked to his beast mode such as his attitude, it is assumed he is a combination of an desert snake and a desert scorpion (i dont know what kinds are found in the desert) this would explain his outback wild west voice and attitude and the animals he is only live for destruction, thats my view anyway
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
i believe when tarantulas was messin about with infernos pod he was attempting to gain access to his scan sensors so he could chose the beast mode, the spider he had with him.
That's a given. But you'll also notice that he switches the chip in the control panel.

There's no need for "belief" - it was stated as such in the dialogue.
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

Originally posted by Brendocon

The operation to remove a portion of his spark was conducted after he left the stasis pod, so the whole issue is rendered completely irrelevant.

Oh, and Sky - the Maximals didn't succeed in replicating Starscream's indestructable spark. They nearly did... but remember, he did die eventually ;)
Sorry, i dun understand wat u mean abt the irrelevant issue of rampage. please explain it again.

Also, how did starscream spark became indestructible? and how did he appeared in the episode "possession"?

lastly, does anyone noe how did megatron managed to remove rampage's spark and put it into a housing? or shld i say, rampage's spark is already in a housing in his body, and meagtron jus cut it out...
Thanks.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Sorry, i dun understand wat u mean abt the irrelevant issue of rampage. please explain it again.
I mean that the issue has nothing to do with the question
Also, how did starscream spark became indestructible? and how did he appeared in the episode "possession"?
Never fully expanded upon. Starscream's spark was mutant, making it immortal. How it came to be so is unknown, it just is. And he was able to appear in "Possession" because a spark is not bound by space or time - it's five dimensional, so it can travel freely through time and space.
lastly, does anyone noe how did megatron managed to remove rampage's spark and put it into a housing?
With a knife.

Think of it as open-heart surgery. Megatron sliced Rampage's chest open, cut a part of his spark out, and placed it in a portable unit.
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

Originally posted by Brendocon

And he was able to appear in "Possession" because a spark is not bound by space or time - it's five dimensional, so it can travel freely through time and space.
If that is the case, then starscream could jus travel to the time before the G1 transformers were awakened in the ark, and possess his own body, and killed optimus? and changed the whole history??
StoneCold Skywarp

If that is the case, then starscream could jus travel to the time before the G1 transformers were awakened in the ark, and possess his own body, and killed optimus? and changed the whole history??
Problem with that being that they didn't know they were on Earth at the time, remember the planet had two moons, Earth only has one.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Well, that brings up a whole series of other issues.

Firstly, if Starscream possessed his own body in the past whilst his body was in stasis, then he'd have two sparks that were exactly identical, but one from the future and one from the past/present. You think you could handle sharing a body with a future version of yourself?

Besides, how's he meant to get his body out of stasis without a physical form? Even when he's taken it over, he'd have to find a way to revive himself, which he wouldn't be able to do due to his body being in stasis.

Still with me? Good.

If Starscream changes the future, then he may not die in the future, so his spark wouldn't be free in order to go back and change the past.
Death's Head
Protoform

Immortal spark

Post by Death's Head »

If we accept that Beast Wars also draws on the comic continuity, it can be presumed that Starscream's posession of both the Matrix AND the Underbase probably contributed to his immortal spark.

UK readers will recall the black and white story in which Dreadwind and Darkwing are sent to retrieve Starscream's corpse after the Underbase saga, only to find that he was still alive - my guess is that that's when his spark 'mutated'. Maximal experiments probably involved dousing a spark with a similar power to that of the Underbase.
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!