Brief UK Toy News

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Brief UK Toy News

Post by Cliffjumper »

Thanks to Hound at Transfans - the first Hasbro Commemorative Series [Optimus Prime/Ultra Magnus/Rodimus Major (Hot Rod)] is now avaliable at Toys r Us... haven't heard any prices as yet, but they'll probably be on the hefty side.

Also, the individual "Tiny Tins" Spychangers with tins are out here too. Winchester's Toy Cupboard has a couple of racks full at £3.50 each, which suggests a UK RRP of £2.99... just how many places will bother to stock these is the main problem. For those who don't know, the ones avaliable are Hot Shot, REV, WARS, Crosswise, Ironhide, Mirage, Prowl2 & Side Swipe. From what I could tell [I didn't buy as I have all the standard ones bar Sideburn... bastards!] there's no differences to the actual figures.

Hound

Post by Hound »

"with tins"? What tins?

Are you sure they're not the transluscent Spychangers? Are you guys even getting those? I just bought those at KB the other day...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They come with little matchbox-style tins, bascially with the packaging scheme & pictures on... they're not the clear ones, which I can only assume were skipped over here... The tins are quite a cute idea, but it's a shame they didn't put some artwork or something on them...

Tiny Tins, that's it - http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=890
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ok, cute idea I guess. The tins are kinda lame lookin'. You're right they should've put some cool artwork on it...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye... with some James Raiz artwork and maybe a Takra-reissue apeing layout, it'd be rather tempting to buy them again...
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's that red/yellow background that ruins it for me, yuck...

Hasbro has no sense of packaging design...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

All topped off with a photo of the toy... I've nothing against photos of toys, but it's kinda irrelevant when you have the damn figure inside... "Hmm, what does Crosswise look like? I'll just put the toy to one side and consult his tin..."

I've updated the original post a little. Also, for UKers, on Toys R Us' website [http://www.toysrus.co.uk IIRC] RiD Megatron is half-price [£9.99], so he may be reduced in the stores themselves :)
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/product_detail ... =461793147
yakumo
Protoform

Post by yakumo »

any news yet on spotting them in Uk stores?
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Also, for UKers, on Toys R Us' website [http://www.toysrus.co.uk IIRC] RiD Megatron is half-price [£9.99], so he may be reduced in the stores themselves

He is. There're quite a few RID Megatrons in Toys R Us Cardiff.

I went down there today with the intention of buying him for cheap, but when I got there I found that they had Red Alert, Megatron, Demolishor, Cyclonus and all the Wave 1 minicons (Military, Air Defense and Street).

So instead of buying myself RID Megs, I got Armada Cyclonus instead. And he rocks. He's my favourite out of the supercons now, and he's pushing for my favourite Armada toy of all.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Autoprime720
Protoform

Post by Autoprime720 »

u guys are lucky, i live in new jersey and ive yet to find a toy store that has anything besides armada minicons...too many damn power rangers...
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
He is. There're quite a few RID Megatrons in Toys R Us Cardiff.

Damm I hate having no money, credit card time me thinks ;)
I support a ban on powerposting