It's official: TRU reissues are "on hiatus"

Post by Nevermore »

http://forums.transfandom.com/invboard/ ... opic=27267
Subject
Will their be anymore G-1 Reissues?

Discussion Thread
Response (Kerry Bronson) 04/04/2005 04:05 PM
Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Hasbro, Inc.

At the moment The Generation one Toys R Us exclusive reissues have been put on Hiatus as Hasbro continues to Produce other exciting Transfomers Brand product Many of the current reissues have been marked down in price so if your interested you may purchase them at any Toys R Us store, But the line will return to production status in the near future.

Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information, such as release dates, possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in advance for distribution.

We ask that you visit our web site at http://www.hasbro.com often for the most current product information.

Again, thanks for your interest!
I counted two spelling errors. Which intern had the "honor" of writing this reply?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

At least, they're leaving open (for now) the possibility of more reissues in the future. But this does make sense. I'm sure Hasbro would like to have some idea of what Toys 'R Us is going to be like should the buyout go through.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Grammar: It's a beautiful thing!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Red pen time! It's been a while...
Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Hasbro, Inc.

At the moment The Generation One Toys R Us exclusive reissues have been put on hiatus as Hasbro continues to produce other exciting Transformers Brand products. Many of the current reissues have been marked down in price, so if you're interested you may purchase them at any Toys R Us store, but the line will return to production status in the near future.

Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information, such as release dates, possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in advance of distribution.

We ask that you visit our web site at http://www.hasbro.com often for the most current product information. (That's a joke, right?)

Again, thanks for your interest!
And that's ignoring most of their loose application of punctuation and grammar.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You forgot the capital "T" for "the". ;)

Besides, I thought "distribution" might refer to "information" rather than "product", hence "for" instead of "of"? ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Nevermore
You forgot the capital "T" for "the". ;)
I let that one slide in the event that they've decided to trademark "The Generation One" or somesuch. Internal names for products often differ to the actual brands, anyway. Yes, ideally I should have capitalised Exclusive and Reissues, as well.

PR statements from the toy trade capitalise names of ranges (and key phrases) whether they're trademarked or not. Trust me on that. I don't like it, but I'm used to it. You'll notice that I left Brand capitalised for the same reason.
Besides, I thought "distribution" might refer to "information" rather than "product", hence "for" instead of "of"? ;)

Right... so information isn't available before the distribution of said information? That's a given, though. The point of the sentence is to say that they're not going to dish out info before the goods actually start being sent to stores.

Drop the parenthetic statement from the text and you're left with "Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information is not available [to the public] in advance of distribution."

Even if it did refer to the distribution of information, it would still be "of." The word "for" would only be used if being followed by the purpose of said distribution.