[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Kalis)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
verytired

Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Kalis)

Post by verytired »

In the old Debris base, once home to the Wreckers, there is a Soldier. Made for command, he strides the retro fitted Hallways confidently, his red battle armour glinting in the adequate lighting.
He, like so many of his ilk, was a product copied from the Quintessons rebel enemies, the Transformers. The Soldier often wondered whether the end of the Quintesson empire would not come ultimately because their lack of innovation: nearly all their creations recently had been copies of one thing or another.
The hallway, windowless, was empty besides the soldier. He came to the end of it where there was a large door, un adorned but radiating importance.
The Quintessons have become Stagnant, he pondered as he paused in front of the door, In little time, expansion will cease completely, and then complacency, then death.
The Soldier broadcast a signal to the Door controls, and made no emotional sign as they slid open, to reveal the Reclaimed Streets of Kalis.
It is inevitable: The Transformers will fight each other and anyone else till they all die, or their is just one of their number the corpse pyre of the Universe, while Quintessa marches toward it's dead end.
The Soldier, Land Quake, stepped out of Debris, now Quintesson City: Kalis (his own choice of name), and listened to the doors Clang shut behind him. he turned, to marvel at how the City was still Concealed, just as it had been when it was Debris. Only his inner circle knew the codes to enter, or the more easier secret ways to get in.
Land Quake grimaced, knowing he would have to check in with the inner circle soon. He raised communication with his two seniors.
"Hopper, Slant: report."

(OOC Landquake can be viewed here: http://tfu.info/2001/Autobot/UltraM...ultramagnus.htm)
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: Just realized our Kalis map never got posted. Enjoy!)
Attachments
kalismap.jpg
kalismap.jpg (66.27 KiB) Viewed 7433 times
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The Road from Tyrest:

The steady CLANG-CLANG! of feet marching in cadence almost covered the sound of the engine.

With a weary sigh, the source of the engine sound checked his mirrors again. The Sharkticons were still there. Which, given the fact that there weren't a lot of Sharkticons in the area, was probably a good thing.

Then there'd been that boom way off in the distance not too long ago. He had to wonder what had caused that. It would be something that he would check on eventually.

And, he had to admit, as the light gleamed off of his black enamel and grey appliques, getting used to driving was a new thing. He remembered a few brief moments of activation long ago, followed by a long period of deactivation. Now he was active again. All he had to do was prove himself. The best way to do that, naturally, would be to kill his counterpart, if he ever found him.

The massive armored truck picked up speed a little, activating his commlink. "Landquake, it's Black Rodimus. Anything happening out here?"

(OOC: If you're wondering what he looks like, think Rodimus Prime in this colorscheme: http://tfu.info/2001/Autobot/HotRodBlack/hotrod.htm)
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
verytired

Post by verytired »

Landquake sighed. He hated Black Rodimus; then again, he didn't like anyone very much. But the nature of Landquakes inception lead him to hate Rodimus more than most.
"It's all quiet here." He replied curtly. The reports from Slant had been beamed over, the lack of any communication indicative that the Student/Warrior was in a sulk. Hopper had called in, mostly uttering expletives against barbie, but also confirming that there were no reports saying they should be worried.
"Rodimus," Landquake said with a grin, "do you need any assistance?"
Landquake knew just how to get Rodimus riled up; there were three products of his design that he would assign to 'help' no matter what they were doing.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Black Rodimus kept right on rolling. "I'm good, 'Quake. All I'm doing is herding a bunch of Sharkticons to the garrison. It's not like I'm fighting Great War Three or anything." He paused for a moment. "Did the seizmic sensors pick anything up maybe a minute ago?"
verytired

Post by verytired »

Landquake replied quickly.
"Slant sent something about it, but I'm gonna have to call him, these numbers mean nothing to me. Hopper and Barbie are at the garrison, but I'll send Cavalier, Mug and Haze over to help. Over and out." He ended the call curtly, smiling at the idea of Black Rodimus meeting his creations.
He raised Slant on the comms.
"Slant, can you hear me?"
"Wh't?"
"Slant, I need you to tell me what these readings mean. There are diagrams and pretty pictures..."
"Sumth'ng hit the planet."
"What?"
Slant groaned over the comm, as if it was self expanatory, and said with a slightly teary voice;
"Some, thing, HIT, the PLAH-NET."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching Kalis garrison:

Black Rodimus sighed. "Look, 'Quake, it's not that I don't appreciate the.... offer?" The garrison commander's voice trailed off as the battered garrison hove into view on the horizon. "Frack...... I changed my mind, 'Quake. We're gonna need all the help we can get. And make sure they bring tools." He grunted as he drove over the main gates, suspension creaking dangerously, the underside of his front endscraping against the doors, mentally cringing as his trailer section scraped and ground over it until the rear wheels hit, then bumped down on the other side of the doors. "Tell 'em to bring another set of main gates." Wondering how much stranger today would get, he switched frequencies. "Hopper, Barbie, give me a status report. I just drove over the main gates, and I'm still a quarter of a mile away from the garrison. How much of it can we salvage?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

verytired

Post by verytired »

Kalis Garrison
Barbie, an Olive green femme bot, was working the monitors when Black Rodimus's call came through:
"Oh, RO-dimus, how glad am I to hear you? The Garrisons in a poor state I'm afraid: Landquake insisted we complete the construction on his pet project first, so nothings really gotten any better: but I'm sure you can help..."
As she said this, Barbie was holding a small black product called Manual tightly around the throat casually in her free hand.
Hopper walked in, and seeing Manuals face as the pressure increased, the scarlet triple changer chuckled.

Quintesson City: kalis
Landquake clenched his fists in anger:
"Slant, find out what the hell it was that hit us! You find out now!"
Switching frequencies-
"Cavalier, you and your mates Mug and Haze got to the Garrison and help Black rodimus. he's gotta find somewhere to store the Sharkticon clones he's brought."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching the Kalis garrison:

Black Rodimus, had he been in robot mode, would have twitched. He wasn't a big fan of the unexpected. "Pet project? What pet project?"

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kalis Airspace

"But of course," Buzzsaw replied to Cosmos. "It would be my honour."

The cassetticon picked up his pace a bit, drawing even with the two Autobots and eventually overtaking them. As he moved out in front of the other two fliers, he double-checked his mortar launchers. Thankfully, both of them reported back as loaded and fully functional.

Good. That would have been something of a fiasco, wouldn't it?
Aero Blade

Kalis Airspace

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge still didn't seem pleased with the situation, but the mission was more important than his own irritation with the cassetticon, so kept his peace as Buzzsaw took the lead. Dirge just held his possition nearby to Cosmos, keeping a optic out for any approaching enemies.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Sentry Tower One
Sentry tower one was the only building left standing on the outskirts of the Demolished Urban Area, near the Baird Beaming Transmitter.
It was manned by two of Landquakes lowest creations, Blues and Cragleaper.
"Blues, we're getting reports of an assault in the atmosphere: you wanna check out the scannners, make sure theres nothing about?" asked the little mauve product Cragleaper.
"You do it." replied blues, his jet balck and yellow body work glinting as he put his feet up.
"Blues, come on: could you at least try and do something?" Cragleaper said as he slid his chair over to the scanners.
"I am. I'm relaxing."

Kalis Airspace:
Cosmos watched as Buzzsaw took the lead:
"Guys," he said, addressing both the casseticon and Dirge: "this place is a mess! Theres only a few installations standing, and they look like garrisons and such: Buzzsaw, you take the lead: I'll begin scanning the area."
Cosmos opened all his eyes, Thermographics, Electromagnetic field detectors, Motion sensors and Uv thru IF fields.

Garrison.
Hopper took the comm link from Barbie.
"Don't blow a gasket Rodimus: you'll find out when you get here."
Hopper hung up on the incoming superior with a chuckle. Barbie had focused her full attention on Manual, pinning him to the floor with her foot and interspersly applying pressure and then relieving it.
"Ack... Uck... Why?" gurgled the small black biker bot.

Qunitesson City: kalis
Landquake transformed to his Truck and Trailer mode and roared off to the ruined Labs, knowing that would be where he would find Slant.

Approaching the garriosn.
Two Sports cars and a Pick Up truck drove leisurely to the Garrison from Tagan Hieghts.
Mug, the Pick up truck, pulled slightly ahead.
"You boys better behave. Especially you Cavalier: I know how you can get."
Cavalier, a Lime green sportscar with Purple wings, rear ended Mug visciously. "You don't talk to me that way! You don't!"
Haze, the Orange sleek machine at the back sighed, as his partners continued squabbling.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Aproaching Kalis Airspace

Dogfight moved through some smoke clouds and flew towards the partially ruined city of Kalis.

He was flying as fast as he could, and quickly he detected three moving objects, some miles ahead and below.

He descended towards Dirge and Cosmos, but he was still far.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kalis Airspace

As he moved out ahead of the two Autobots, Buzzsaw focused his ridiculously precise optics on the ground below them.

"One of those structures is a sentry tower," he told Cosmos. "It looks like there's been activity around there recently, but I can't see any windows so I couldn't tell you if it's occupied or not."

Movement along one of the city's main roadways caught his eye. Refocusing his optics for optimum magnification at his current range, the artistic Decepticon couldn't help but bark out a laugh.

"Oh, this is precious," he said. "I'm sending you two an image of a convoy that's moving into the city. Looks like the Quints are resorting to defending themselves with knockoffs. And garishly miscoloured ones, at that. Oh, how the mighty have fallen..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Kalis Garrison:

Black Rodimus rolled through the ruined hole the gates had once been in and stopped, Sharkticons streaming in around him like a flood of confused and possibly lost children, transforming to robot mode, his 'trailer' section vanishing into subspace, activating his commlink. "All right, Hopper, what's this pet project?"

verytired

Post by verytired »

Garrison:
Hopper looked out of the window at Rodimus after his communication, and grinned. He lept out, and transformed into his helicopter mode, hovering over to meet his senior, before transforming again and landing.
''Oh, Landquake has all kinds of things going on. Us being remoldeled on his inspirations ex buds, The Wreckers old base, and all the things he's got slant working on in the Lab remains. He won't tell us anymore than he thinks we need to know. It's almost like he doesn't trust us or something!'' he said with a grin.

Kalis airspace:
Cosmos focused on the Tower:
''Buzzsaw, there seems to be two guys in there from my thermographics: you get as close as you like, me and Dirge should stay out as sight as long as we can.''
Cosmos emitted a small radar dish which began to track the sky from his left side.
''Dirge, I'm gonna start pulsing info back to Dai Atlas: it should be discreet, but this is where we are likely to get shot at.''

(OOC where the heck are Dai atlas, Omega supreme and aaaallll the rest?!)
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis airspace

Dogfight arrived at Cosmos and Dirge position, and circled his two comrades.

" Hey, I've arrived! Any problems? " asked the triggerbot, glad to join his teammates at last.
Aero Blade

Kalis Airspace

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge was listening to Buzzsaw's reports, but otherwise didn't respond to the cassetticon in order to keep himself in check with his mood. As Cosmos noted what he was about to do, and Dogfight arrived just after, Dirge finished formulating his own choice of actions.

"No problems yet, but we may soon have them," Dirge responded to Dogfight, then turned his attention Cosmos. "Go ahead with your transmittions, I and Dogfight can try to cover you as best we can if we are detected," he told the minibot. The others would be able to do a better scanning job than he, so it was best to stick to his better area, fighting off whatever might soon be coming after them.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kalis Airspace

"What say I go see if I can't pluck out their optics?" Buzzsaw wasn't really all that eager to engage the two Quintesson soldiers in the guard tower, but he knew he was the only one who could get close enough to engage them and he'd be slagged before he gave an Autobot and a traitor a reason to call him a coward. Besides, if he could take out the guards (or, preferably, disable their tower's sensors without being detected) the rest of the assault force would be able to get the jump on Kalis' defenders.

The buzzard swooped low to the ground, low enough so that (he hoped) the guard tower's sensors wouldn't be able to detect him as he approached. The spy wasn't sure how he'd get inside or what he'd do when he got there, but he certainly wasn't going to tell Cosmos or Dirge that.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Kalis, Garrison:

Black Rodimus: -cringing slightly, covering his face with one hand like he'd just had a stabbing pain lance through his optics- "It's not that I don't appreciate 'Quake's efforts, but the garrison's got more holes in it than Deliberata's logic center! I hate to jump to conclusions, but that noise I heard a few minutes ago might mean something is headed our way, and I for one want us to be able to mount some kind of defense. And I don't know about you guys, but as effective as the Sharkticons can be, they're no good at all at building or repairing walls."

Kalis, Airspace:

Omega Supreme: -hull starting to glow red as he dives deeper into Cybertron's atmosphere-

Hot Rod: -activates commlink, scrambled security channel- "Cosmos! How's it look?"