[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Tarn)

Post by Warcry »

Tarn.

Once one of Cybertron's greatest city-states, Megatron's home city was scourged in the war with Vos that heralded the Decepticon tyrant's rise to power. Now little more than a ruined graveyard, it is shunned by Autobot and Decepticon alike.

But it isn't shunned by everyone.

Old Spaceport

"This is what passes for a clear, flat strip of land in this benighted wasteland?"

"So it would seem."

It was a strange sight...or it would have been, had anyone been around to see it. Two Inquisitors hovering in the midst of a badly-broken spaceport, one carrying a datapad and the other wringing his tentacles furiously.

"You're certain this is the only safe landing zone in the city?"

"It would be something of a waste otherwise, wouldn't it? Of course I'm sure. The road is mined, the outskirts are strewn with pieces of debris the size of office towers, and Victory Square is rather...inaccessible at the moment."

"Then our little surprise is installed and ready to go?"

"It is. Well camouflaged, of course. These Transformers may be inferior, but their cunning is not to be underestimated. If they even suspected what we had in store for them, they wouldn't dare show their faces."

"And the traps?"

"The roadways and buildings have been rigged."

"Good. Maelstrom and his men?"

"On station in the square, with the rest of our surprise."

"The garrison commander doesn't know?"

"Of course not. He thinks he and his paltry outpost are all that stand between Tarn and the Transformers. He'll fight to the death."

"That won't take long."

"Probably not, no. Shall we retire?"

"Indeed. To Victory Square?"

"But of course."

"Lead on."
Attachments
tarn map.jpg
tarn map.jpg (59.71 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Tarn Outskirts, old spaceport

Metroplex circled Tarn before engaging his repulsor thrusters and initiated the landing maneuver above the old city spaceport.

" LANDING PROCEDURE INITIATED, PREPARING TRANSFORMATION INTO BATTLE STATION ", Metroplex deep voice rumbled through the speakers. On the bridge, Scamper turned to look at Grimlock, rising his head.

" Sir, Metroplex is going to land on the only availible landing zone, Tarn's old spaceport, in one breem. "

---

Metroplex, landing bay

The Aerialbots entered the bay - refuelled and reloaded after the space battle-, and ignoring the commotion caused by Insecticons and Constructicons, transformed into their jet modes, ready to perform their role as the battleforce's main air support.
oscar
Protoform

Post by oscar »

Metroplex landing pad

Hook looked down at Scavenger then looked back up to Mixmaster and said''Looks like the Medical staff isn't going to make it.We have to get him to a CR chamber now!Long Haul transform!''Long Haul did what Hook ordered.Then Mixmaster and Bonecrusher carfully picked up Scavenger and gently lowered him into the back of the dump truck.

Hook then ordered''Long Haul get to the Medical bay as fast as you can,the staff there should be able to help''

Scrapper turned and looked at Hook and said''Im going to to report to Grimlock,Hook your in charge''

Hook-''Yes sir''
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landing Bay

Landfill looked at his two companions

"looks like its time to put the pedal to the metal."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Predaking waited for Metroplex to allow the troops to unload. The massive gestalt's sensors already ticking ready to find suitable prey.
Aero Blade

Metroplex, Landing Bay

Post by Aero Blade »

Wing Saber finally arrived at the destination to check on what the explosion had been that Grimlock send him to investigate. After taken stock of the condition of the area, he turned to the first forms that became apparent to him to question.

"What in Primus has been going on in here?!" Wing Saber questioned towards the Constructions.
oscar
Protoform

Post by oscar »

Metroplex landing pad

Bonecrusher noticing Wing Saber walked up to him asking''What brings you down here''
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Quintesson Outpost

Major Travix stared out the main viewport at the descending Autobot city, an glower firmly fixed on his face.

"Sir, it seems that they're moving to land."

"Of course they are," Travix replied contemptuously to his subordinate. "I hardly expected them to make the trip out here, take one look at us, and then leave."

"Uh...of course, sir. I only meant...well, maybe we should try to stop them?" The younger Quintesson finished his statement lamely.

Travix sighed. "I suppose we should, at that." Turning to face the rest of the command centre, he barked, "Artillery, start shelling Metroplex."

"Aye, sir."

A few seconds later, the resounding boom of the base's main defence cannons filled the room as they tossed heavy ballistic shells toward the landing Autobot city.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Metroplex:

Grimlock: "Good. Start targeting defenseive placements, open fire!" -activates intraship communications- "All hands, this Grimlock! Get ready! We about to land!"

Landing Bay, Metroplex:

Leozak: -scowls- "Looks like we're about to land. I hope that idiot's not going to tell us how to fight."

Leozak, Gaihawk, and Hellbat: -head back towards the rest of their team-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Tarn Old Spaceport

Some of the Quintesson field artillery shots impacted on Metroplex shields, being absorved by the citybot's defensive capabilities. With his omni-directional receiving and transmitting antenna, Metroplex scanned the area searching for the enemy base flak cannons.

At Grimlock's orders the laser lances turrets, mortar cannons, the missile launchers and twin disrupter rays started to fire on the detected Quintessons weapons. Meanwhile, the landing procedurefinished and Metroplex opened his Landing bays blast doors.

" LANDING FINISHED; AUTOBOTS AND DECEPTICONS PREPARE TO DISEMBARK AND GOOD LUCK ", announced Metroplex.

Slammer and Six - Gun stayed on the main ramp with his guns prepared, ready to cover the deployment of the warriors.

---

Metroplex landing bay

" Take off, Aerialbots! " ordered Silverbolt.

The five Autobot flyers - in their alt modes- took off and left the bay, flying around Metroplex ready to intercept any Quintesson hostile vessel.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Quintesson Outpost

The outpost tower rocked slightly as Metroplex's shots slammed into it's armour.

"Sir, they're targeting our weapons arrays."

"Of course they are," Travix said, his voice almost a sigh. "Continue firing. Our cannons are well-armoured." Seeing new blips appear on the radar as the Aerialbots launched, he shrugged. "Anti-air batteries, open fire on the enemy fliers. And release the Sharkticon legion. I'm sure their ground troops will be out soon enough."

The boom of the anti-air guns opening up on the Aerialbots was loud enough to drown out Travix's resigned sigh.

We're all going to die.

Outside

Hordes of Sharkticons started to stream out of the outpost entrances, chomping at the air and generally making a nuisance out of themselves as they headed in the general direction of Metroplex.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Metroplex:

Grimlock: -stands, drawing rocket launcher and energo sword- "Metroplex, not get killed. Me still have stuff aboard." -activates intraship comm- "IT TIME TO MUNCH METAL! GET OUT THERE AND KILL THEM!!!"

Ramp, Metroplex:

Leozak, Gaihawk, Hellbat, Jalgar, Drillhorn, and Killbison: -charging down the ramp, transforming to vehicle modes, and charging forwards-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Metroplex

More then ready to begin the battle, the Stunticons headed for the ramp. They weren't planning on being the first ones off, nor the last.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Metroplex:

The trio of land-based Technobots, ready for battle, exited the ramp and looked worriedly for their two missing comrades.

"Now what happened, in Pit's name?" - Afterburner swore. - "Do we need to fight alone?

"Why hurry?" - Nosecone answered lazily. - "No targets yet, no need to run. "

"I just can't bear sitting here doing nothing!"

"Well, actually you're standing - it's me who sit", - Nosecone answered, having finding himself a comfortable chunk of plasti-steel and sitting on it.

"It's allright", - Lightspeed intervened into the talk. "I've contacted Scattershot and Strafe. They hadn't got the Insecticons who escaped - I didn't get how, though - and shall be here in a few nanobreems."

"It seems they won't be the first ones to get here. Look!" - and Nosecone pointed over his shoulder at the ranks of Sharcticons swarming toward Metroplex. - "Get your guns ready."

The trio of Technobots took out their laser pistols, but hadn't fired yet, waiting for the enemies to get in range.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
oscar
Protoform

Post by oscar »

Bridge, Metroplex:

Before Grimlock could charge into battle he was stoped by Scrapper who said''Grimlock wait,I have to report that the Insecticons have deserted and one of my bots is in very bad shape.''
Aero Blade

Landing Bay, Metroplex

Post by Aero Blade »

As Bonecrusher adressed Wing Saber, Grimlock's message came over the PA, causing him to frown.

"It seems it will have to wait now, there are more pressing matters!" The dreaded moment finally having come, Wing Saber transformed and launched himself out of the landing bay, heading into battle.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Predaking bore out of Metroplex and opened fire with his X-Ray cannon.

"Quint slime, you will suffer so says Predaking!" He giant Predacon combiner roared ready to fight.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landfill swung himself off the ladder and onto the observation platform on top of Metroplex's tower

He crawled across to the edge and looked down across the ruined landscape.

beside him his two partners transformed into one weapon a twin barreled rifle capable of normal usage but also able to generate stress in metal objects.

Landfill aimed at the lead Sharkticon and depressed the firing stud.

Twin holes appeared in the Sharkticons armoured carpace and he fell over.

"one "

He aimed at the next Sharkticon and repeated the action.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Tarn, old spaceport

" Evasive maneuvers! " ordered Silverbolt as the Quintesson AA batteries fired at his Aerialbots.

The five fliers dodged the enemy fire successfully, but Silverbolt decided not to take any chances.

" Aerialbots, follow me! " he radioed, descending to ground level and flying between the buildings, trying to put his team out of the AA guns fire arc.

Meanwhile, the Aerialbots started to drop their bombs on the Sharkticons filling the streets.

---

Metroplex

A rain of shots impacted on Metroplex, scoring some hits. Ignoring the damage, he finished his transformation into rolling battle station. With a huge roar, Metroplex started to move - at a very slowly pace - out of the Spaceport. His guns continued to fire at the Quintesson Outpost.

" TROOPS, GET OUT OF ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: I'M GOING TO TRANSFORM INTO ROBOT MODE " the citybot informed.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Metroplex

Landfill intoned

"Twelve"

Then he heard Metroplex's announcement. As Metroplex rumbled past a ruined building Landfill jumped from the observation platform landing on the roof below rolling as he landed.