[Original RPG] Collapse: Nation on Fire (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Collapse: Nation on Fire (Iacon)

Post by Warcry »

With the return of their beloved leader Optimus Prime, the Autobots could be forgiven if they've started to rest on their laurels a bit. Instead of taking advantage of the division among the Decepticon ranks to eliminate their old enemies once and for all, they've used the break in their ages-long war to put their own house in order. They've moved to eliminate Space Mafia activity in Iacon once and for all, and soon they will turn their attention to another criminal threat: Banzaitron's Tzai Industries.

Unfortunately, events in one of the Autobots' far-flung outer territories may spell an end to this time of relative peace.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Security HQ

"Really?" Smokescreen responded to Grotusque's comment, deadpan. "I've heard tell of a couple good foundations for the theory, actually."

He sat down behind Ironhide's desk and dutifully ignored the old Autobot's assorted bits of memorabilia that covered it. His optics scanned across a series of display screens in one corner of the cramped room, one of which was showing Airplay's broadcast.

"So...what brings you here, my friend?"

Iacon Medical and Research

"I was really hoping you'd say that," Whirl told Overdrive.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Ammo would be nice. Let's go." Broadside said to Whirl, "The more the merrier, no? Roadbuster and Springer both taught us that."

"I have soooo much to learn from you guys." Cosmos said as he looked at his only weaponry in his arsenal--his fingers.

"Well, we've got weapons aplenty. Let's go."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

[/B]Ironhides Office[/B]

"You need to go way back and look at the theory the prelude to foundation so to speak. " Grotusque replied with a straight face.

He looked at Smokescreen

"but seriously my friend , I was reviewing the contingency plans , what would happen if we were hit by Scraplets, or by Cosmic Rust or if Optimus was assasinated or .......Megatron.."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"Weapons? Who needs weapons? Up close and personal is so much more fun." Topspin said enthusiastically. "Oh well. Let's do this."

(OOC: confused on something what is the 3rd group doing?
sunstreaker and first aid are meeting with blades.
Topspin, Broadsides, and Whirl are going into Tzai building.
Overdrive is getting a group together as well - what are they doing?)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Skidmark

Skid's is not dead yet.Please just leave him were he is.Thank you

Post by Skidmark »

Battling the mafia

Skidmark turns a corner to find a large mech waiting for him.He shoots straight in the chest and it screams in pain.It hits its head against the ceiling.Causing the ceiling to collapse on top of skidmark.It was to quick.It was light's out for Skidmark.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Actually, Overdrive's crew are going to the Tzai Corporate HQ. Whirl, Topspin and Broadside are going to Peacekeepers. :) )

"Damn straight they did," Whirl told Broadside. "Just a pity they're not with us. Missing out on all the fun, they are."

He waved the group forward with one claw. "Come on, guys. Time's a wasting."

Ironhide's Office

"We've got a pretty strong Scraplet contingency in place," Smokescreen told Grotusque. "Pretty much have to after the time Galvatron set them loose on the planet. And, well, ever since we've made contact with Earth they're really not so much a plague as they are an annoyance, like humans with head lice."

He grimaced at some of the other possibilities that the Monsterbot listed. "None of those are exactly sunshine and lollipops, but we're positioned to deal with most of them fairly well. Megatron worries me too, though. His minions 'found' Prime and turned him over to us at a time that was...well, very, very convenient for his plans, we'll say. I've got agents in the field looking at the Megatron problem, but solving it will be more difficult than I think any of us realize."

He shook his head slightly. "You don't need me telling you things that you've already figured out on your own, though. Which of these contingencies is bothering you?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ironhides Office

Grotusque nodded

"As I suspected, when I was doing my research I found electronic footprints, disguised ones, very well disguised but definite traces, I erased the ones I foun hope you don't mind

So you are going to deal with the Megatron problem.

I tend to take the pragmatic view unlike some of our colleagues but have you considered the martyrship factor. Someone like Soundwave could use it to their advantage. Who will fill the vaccumm at least with Megatron you know where you are someone competent may take over.

At least with Gigatron he's more concerned with external threats than us Autobots. Have you seen this film he commisioned, very interesting , a mirror into what he's thinking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Iacon Medical and Research Institute

“I’m ready. And good luck to you all,” First Aid told the group, then turned to face Sunstreaker. “Shall we?”

Nova Prime Avenue

As officers and civilians alike gathered in the factory’s nearby lot, Prowl looked on, watching the factory from afar, waiting for the imminent explosion.

“Hot Spot, Inferno. Standby and await further instructions,” He told his officers.

“Yeah, sure,” Inferno said. “But where’s the ka-boom? There’s supposed to be a Cybertron shattering ka-boom.”

---

Autobase; Administration Chamber

Optimus watched Jazz’s movements, understanding them perfectly.

Accessing the console the sat before him, Optimus nonchalantly pressed a few switches then casually returned his gaze to Jazz.

“I am well, though there is much work to be done,” He answered Jazz while he waited for the command he typed in to finish executing itself. When the console alerted him, Optimus continued. “There. Audio filters online. So, what it the true purpose of this visit, Jazz?”

---

Border Regions; The Vertigo
(OOC: Sorry if I am moving my characters around too quickly. Just want everyone in place)

Using the, as he perceived it, diabolical device Banzaitron gave to him, Doubledealer was able to track Blades to a small Border Region club named the The Vertigo.

Concealed in stealth camouflage and perched up high on the roof of a nearby building, Dealer watched Blades enter the club and waited for the prearranged meeting to commence.

“Now, let’s see what you’re up to,” Dealer mused “Please, enlighten me. Surely you have a gem of info that could prove…advantageous.”

---

Inside, Blades signaled to the barkeep, who promptly made up a neo-hued potation and slid it over to him.

After taking his beverage, Blades, not taking a seat, walked off to a far corner of the club, leaned against the wall, and waited.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin started pacing around, anxious to get moving. "I'm ready to go when you two are." Topspin said to Whirl and Broadside.

-----------------------------------

Nova Prime Avenue

"Energy readings have grown exponentially. The explosion should be going off momen-" Highbrow began, but before he could finish, the explosion happened.

(OOC- if the explosion was waiting on something, let me know and I'll edit my post)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: So Cosmos is going to Tzai HQ then? :up:)

Broadside started moving beside Whirl, and, passing Sunstreaker, said "Good luck. Wreck and Rule."

Turning back to Whirl the Wrecker said, "So what intel do we have on this... this... Peace Keepers? They're a branch of Tzai, no?"
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Punch, Iacon Medical and Research

Punch nodded. "Sure, I can find my way to the Archives. Shouldn't be a problem."

Punch was especially interested in Broadside's question to Whirl. "Yes, any information you can share would help my research immensely. What exactly would you like me to look for? Criminal and business connections to Tzai Industries, and so forth?"

He had, after all, come in late to the discussion.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The Fighting Fossil

Grimlock stopped in front of the bar and opened the door.

"Right mechs , this is our kind of bar, first round is on me."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Autobase Administration

Jazz smiled genuinely, eternally impressed with Prime's deftness. Even to someone as worldly as Jazz, Optimus never failed to amaze.

"Word in the grapevine is that Smokescreen's runnin' a new shadow intel group," he started, his body language much more casual than his tone. The cameras were still running, after all. "Black ops, assassinations an' the like. I reckon he don't want you breathin' down his neck so he can get more done. He ain't down with 'bureaucracy', ya dig? But Smokey's always trusted me. So with your permission, I wanna get into his group, keep tabs on what they're doin'. That way you can watch 'em, even push 'em how you want, an' keep your hands clean of it. Plausible deniability."
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tap Out signed his discharge papers and walked out the door. He needed some credits all his possesions had been left in Protihex.

He had an idea wherehis skills could be useful

He walked towards the Security HQ .
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sunstreaker nodded at First-Aid and grinned at Broadside. "Keep the luck. You'll always need it more than me." And with that he transformed.

~~~~

Brawn shook his head as he watched the factory. "This is why I take things down all up close and personal. No room for error."

Sideswipe grinned, "So... when do we go back in and find out what that really was?" He asked Prowl
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

Seaspray stood with the other Autobots listening to the plan. He was not thrilled about the possibility of an upcoming battle.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Nova Prime Avenue----------

"You know, I once prayed 'O Primus make my enemies ridiculous' And I know he granted it when that mob blew his own heads off." Hoist finished the sentence as he turn on his blaster safety. Glanced back over his shoulder and staring at the factory. "Ka-boom? I guess."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Shrike remembered who he was, but had no idea where he was. Hanging weightless in the fluids of some kind of CR chamber was not, exactly, a definitive answer. How quantum, he thought, activating his optics.

A memory stuttered and his first impulse was to try to look at his own right hand. Twisting his head, he muzzily located the relevant limb and managed to send the necessary command. He opened his mouth to cry out, but the fluids were drowning his vocaliser and a thin stream of oxygen bubbles was all that emerged.

Shrike no longer had a bright, delicate Predacon limb...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

It's been a while, slap me if this don't make sense.

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Autobase; Administration Chamber

Ultra Magnus secured a channel to Optimus Prime.

His face was sullen. The recent and on-going events in Altihex were weighing heavily on his mind & he felt responsible.
He was a commander in the Autobot army, he should've known about the breakout attempt & he should be there to stop anyone escaping.

Instead here he was. Administration. Behind a desk. A desk he chose, but a desk all the same. Magnus had been left in powerful positions time and time again, but nothing like this had ever happened.

He needed to be on the frontline again, serving the Autobot cause the best way he knew how. Asking questions, getting answers. The easy way or the hard way, Magnus always got the answers.

"Optimus, we need to talk."