[RID,UT] Armada is Horrible!!! Please read!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
cocorubs
Protoform

Armada is Horrible!!! Please read!

Post by cocorubs »

I watched 1 episode of Armada this morning for the very first time:

Problems to me:

1. The cartoon is not fluent at all! Everything is hard to understand. The storyline breaks up and goes from one thing to another in spurts.

2. The lip-syncing (spelling?) is horrible!! They talk, but all their mouths do is go up and down!

3. The humans are stupid! They just don't seem real to me. Nothing like Spike and Sparkplug back in the G1 days.

4. The mighty megatron is not evil enough. Megatron and Galvatron back in the G1 days had no pity for anyone. This Megatron jokes around. He doesn't seem mean to me.

5. A scene in which a transformer transformers, the background of the scene dissappears and is replaced by a blue screen that moves. In other words when you transform in G1 days, you see the background that they are in. In Armada, it's stupid. The background changes to something then it changes back to where they were!

6. Optimus Prime is not heroic enough and looks horrible! It looks like his shoulders are both up in the air while his head is down, Looks like his is squished down!

Overall: I really hated the Armada episode!

Can you tell me what channel might have the Energon Series? I don't see it on Cartoon Network. I also read on another website that Energon might be cancelled in the future for the U.S. I don't know that, though.

I have never seen Energon, is it as stupid as Armada? I hate cartoons like that. It seems fake or something.

Beastwars, I have never saw, but I will get Season 1 as many have said it is the best series! I'll give that computer Animation a try!

Well, I ranted enough!
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

I suggest you don't judge Armada by just one episode. As Bombshell always says, it gets better later on.

That being said:
3. The humans are stupid! They just don't seem real to me. Nothing like Spike and Sparkplug back in the G1 days.

Yes, the kids are annoying, there's no other way of saying it. It actually gets worse later on, when they introduce the fat kid and the other useless kid.
5. A scene in which a transformer transformers, the background of the scene dissappears and is replaced by a blue screen that moves. In other words when you transform in G1 days, you see the background that they are in. In Armada, it's stupid. The background changes to something then it changes back to where they were!

That's because it's an anime. Have you ever watched Sailor Moon? If so, you've probably noticed how there's sparkly s**t in the background when the girls transform into their Sailor Warrior forms. It's how it's done in anime. (They also have that in Energon.)
6. Optimus Prime is not heroic enough

Like I said, don't judge it by just one episode.
Can you tell me what channel might have the Energon Series?

At the moment, none. As of yet, one knows yet when it's gonna be aired again. *cough*bittorrentorIaconHub*cough*
I have never seen Energon, is it as stupid as Armada?

IMHO, it's not. I fact, I like it a lot so far.

(edited because I forgot a word)
Civ

Post by Civ »

I remember seeing Armada during its first episode and the first thought that came to my mind was, "what garbage is this?" Now I know a lot of people say that Armada gets better later on and apparently, the Unicron Battles are the best of the bunch. To be honest, I saw most of the Unicron Battles series and I nearly chucked my televsion out the window in hopes of hitting my roommate with it because it was so bad. The voice acting was terrible, the action was even worse, and the storyline nearly put me to sleep. If that was their best, I would sure hate to see their worst.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I didn't like the first few eps of Armada I saw when it first aired, so I stopped watching it. However, I gave the series another go and found myself really enjoying it, though it doesn't get any good until episode 12 or so. The animation in Armada is quite sub-par though, but that's because we Westerners got unfinished episodes. There's another thread somewhere that shows comparison shots between Armada and Micron Legend; the final product looks much nicer.

As for Energon, it's much better. The animation is quite impressive, and it has a far superior plot.
cocorubs
Protoform

What ever happened to cartoons of the past?

Post by cocorubs »

I mean c'mon, I thought cartoons were supposed to be advanced from 20 years ago, but watching Armada is showing me that it got a lot worse. The 80's cartoons were awesome! What are the kids of today watching? Geez! I hate Animae! Why can't Hasbro make a cartoon like G1. I mean the style of G1 cartoons. You can have all different characters and differenct stories, just make the darn things look like they did back then! I looks like the quality is much less than it was of the 80's.

Oh, and the episode I watched did have that fat kid in it! Annoying!! The face models don't even look realistic like Spike did back in the day.

I guess I will just have to get the G1 comics and be happy with that.

I only have the Rebirth Pt. 2 and Rebirth Pt.3 left to watch, then I will have watched all of the cartoons I got on DVD from G1! Those Headmasters look neat. I remember having that Decepticon Bat, Not ratbat, the Headmaster! I hope Takara reissues some Headmasters! I will get them.

I do hate the fact that from the Return of Prime Pt. 2 to the Rebirth, the Rebirth Pt. 1 has all kinds of new transformers, so many in fact, that I get lost watching the Pt. 1 Episode!!! Geez! I will have to rewatch it to get a knowing of it.

My own opinion though, Armada, Crap! I can't stand animae, I guess that's why I don't like it.
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

I've seen the first 5-7 episodes of armada...and well i don't like it too much...i'm just too big of a g1 fan
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Re: What ever happened to cartoons of the past?

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by cocorubs
I mean c'mon, I thought cartoons were supposed to be advanced from 20 years ago, but watching Armada is showing me that it got a lot worse. The 80's cartoons were awesome! What are the kids of today watching?

On this site, you can see how much better Armada looked in Japan. What we got was unfinished animation, which is why it looks so bad. Micron Legend (Armada's name in Japan), has superior animation to G1, but Energon blows them both away in that department.
Geez! I hate Animae!
G1 was also animated in Japan, so saying Armada is bad because it's anime but saying G1 was good doesn't really work.
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

Optimus looks much better. The graphics are a lot like the G1. I like them. But is the acting like G1? I mean the way their mouths move when the talk. Megatron sound not evil at all. Things like that.
Strafe

Re: Armada is Horrible!!! Please read!

Post by Strafe »

3. They just don't seem real to me. Nothing like Spike and Sparkplug back in the G1 days.

Tell me you're joking.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Why can't Hasbro make a cartoon like G1.
You mean, chock full of animation errors and inconsistencies? :eyebrow:
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

I mean c'mon, I thought cartoons were supposed to be advanced from 20 years ago, but watching Armada is showing me that it got a lot worse. The 80's cartoons were awesome! What are the kids of today watching? Geez! I hate Animae! Why can't Hasbro make a cartoon like G1. I mean the style of G1 cartoons.

. I remember having that Decepticon Bat, Not ratbat, the Headmaster! I hope Takara reissues some Headmasters! I will get them.

My own opinion though, Armada, Crap! I can't stand animae, I guess that's why I don't like it.

they have advanced and now adays most cartoons are either anime or anime influenced

like G1 you mean with continuity errors plot holes inconsitensies contradictions stereo types cringeworthy dialouge and stories that are either predictable or very silly ?
ah yes the good old days how i yearn for counting the errors in city of steel
or debate where the constructicons came from out of nowhere it seems
dont you know ?
the 80's are over and done with we might be ina 80's revival but that doesnt mean everything form the 80's was good

the bat in headmasters is mindwipe

and the orginal g1 show was an anime as wel less obvious but it was an anime as well and if you dont like anime i suggets you stay away from headmasters masterforce ( very anime ) and victory as wel ( even more anime ) the beast wars cell shaded shows make it even a bit worse
and what do you know ?
rid is anime too ( although rid veers off to the bad side of anime )

so if you dislike anime your choiches are restricted to beast wars and beast machines ( could be worse )

but at least most of those shows have a story that dont or try not to contradict themselfs too much
can the same be said about G1 ?

eh....no
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
deej
Protoform

Re: Re: Armada is Horrible!!! Please read!

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Strafe
*snip*

I know it's a rhetorical question & all..... but no...I somehow don't think he's kidding....
Cyberman

Re: Re: What ever happened to cartoons of the past?

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
What we got was unfinished animation, which is why it looks so bad.
Why did they do that?
G1 was also animated in Japan, so saying Armada is bad because it's anime but saying G1 was good doesn't really work.

It doesn´t matter WHERE it´s produced - it´s HOW the make it.

If you just compare the drawing style of Armada and G1, the humans in G1 looked believable - they had eyes, pupils, lips, etc...
In Armada they have a bunch of blurred circles that increase or decrease in size to simulate speech.

As I probably said sometime, it´s made cheap. They probably gave too much attention to the robots, so there was no time to finish the humans.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
bluekatt
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: What ever happened to cartoons of the past?

Post by bluekatt »

Originally posted by Cyberman

As I probably said sometime, it´s made cheap. They probably gave too much attention to the robots, so there was no time to finish the humans.

this show is called transformers armada not humans armada
off course they are going to focus on the robots and ignore the humans thats the whole point of the show

the humans in G1 mnight have looked better but it wasnt really likere there was a war going on
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
dedicon
Protoform

Re: Armada is Horrible!!! Please read!

Post by dedicon »

The lip-syncing (spelling?) is horrible!! They talk, but all their mouths do is go up and down!

and g1 was better?im not talking about the countless animation errors that occured(silverbolt flying with megatron and the other decepticons on vector sigma part 2 ,sideswipe replacing soundwave in one of the eps and the jets change colors every now and then) but you could also see someone move their lips and said nothing!acutally,armada is probebly the only tf cartoon that is able to give g1 a good fight when it comes to errors.

4. The mighty megatron is not evil enough. Megatron and Galvatron back in the G1 days had no pity for anyone. This Megatron jokes around. He doesn't seem mean to me.

megatron was not only evil in g1,he was also stupid.but most importantly,he was very generic for his time. all the 80's bad guys done the same thing and almost had the same plots.
if you want to see a really evil megatron in a us tf show, try energon.so far he has been the most evil incarnation of megaron ive seen.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Also if the megatron from energon personality wise was in G1 it just wouldn't happen... you wouldn't get robots ripped to pieces or whatnot.

G1 was good because it sparked,heh, the whole continuity. It brought 3/4 seasons and a movie a somewhat rerun a Beast saga and also the RID unphenomenon(apart from the toys) an Armada and also the new Energon not to mention the other series of G1 (headmasters,victory,masterforce even though badly dubbed)

It also brought us toys that we will never forget.. they all did really.

Everything ages... even cartoons. It's just the current style nowadays.

But seeing some of those pics of Micron... man... makes me want to get the Micron dvd's now.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I wonder why the Americans received unfinished animation? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. The animation was terrible and left a very bad impression on myself and it seems many others as well. I would think that's counterproductive to selling the toys.

If we're gonna talk about the animation of the show, one particular pet peeve of mine was all of the damn grunting. Here I am watching an Armada episode and usually, whenever they are showing Megatron or Optimus, there's always some damn grunting scene where they grunt something along the lines of "hhhhhurrrrrrrrmmmmm." What an absolute waste of time, at least have them do something constructive instead of using a stationary picture and a sound effect. I think they did this once in an Energon episode that I saw as well, just before that sword fight.

And for a television show called "Transformers: Armada" there seemed to be an awful lot of appearances by the kids. In about half the shows I saw, the humans took up the majority of the time slot. I also agree that the humans looked terrible and more attention should have been given to them if they are going to consume so much airtime.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I wonder that too... I mean when you see the quality difference... man.

Then again the rate they were coming out was quick.. a lot quicker than Energon and thank god cause Energon is a quality series so far and its better it wasn't rushed.

And the kids... well.. they were horrible... maybe with better animation they would have been a bit better and with a better script.:rant:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Armada did generaly suck (though it did get better as it went on),
the couple of episodes of Energon I saw at the convention last week rocked though, it was hard to believe it was the same company responsible (though they did manage to spell Skorponok's name wrong in the episode title). And there's a charecter called Alpha Q, a name that could have come from Carry On Transformers:D
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberman

Re: Re: Re: Re: What ever happened to cartoons of the past?

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by bluekatt
this show is called transformers armada not humans armada
off course they are going to focus on the robots and ignore the humans thats the whole point of the show

Yes, but they didn´t. They concentrated on the humans - often enough to justify the additional minute or two to render their faces viewable instead of these abominations.

That was one of the main points why I hated to watch Armada - these ridiculous cheap made faces that look like ****.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.