Optronix and Sentinel Prime

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Animus Prime
Protoform

Optronix and Sentinel Prime

Post by Animus Prime »

Okay, so according to DW, Optimus Prime's pre-Matrix name and form was that of a robot named Optronix, not Orion Pax? Would it have killed them to be marginally associated with the original cartoon? Anyway, does anyone have a scan of what Optronix looks like?

How about one of Sentinel Prime? Him being leader before Optimus, although the cartoon always led us to believe the Alpha Trion was perhaps the leader . . .
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Well, it's not the cartoon, Optronix doesn't look like Orion, and has a completely different story of how he got turned into Optimus Prime, so calling him Orion Pax wouldn't make a lot of sense - although mind you, the "Hardwired" novel did remark that Optronix was called "Orion" by his friends. Can't find a scan of him offhand.

Sentinel Prime's name comes from the comic. Here he is:

http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/ ... 150_01.jpg

He wasn't named at this point, though - the name would come later, when he was identified as the previous holder of the Matrix before Optimus.

And by-the-by, the previous holder of the Matrix in the cartoon was a blue and orange robot seen in the "Five Faces of Darkness" flashbacks. Alpha Trion just held the Matrix until Optimus came along.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Dreamwave did not follow the cartoon continuity.

Which was one of their better decisions.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Dreamwave did not follow the cartoon continuity.

Which was one of their better decisions.

Agreed.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Animus Prime
Protoform

Post by Animus Prime »

I'm not saying the cartoon continuity is perfect (just what is the deal with the Dinobots?) but it's the one I grew up with, so it's the one I'll stick to. Everything else tends to get too complicated.

Still no images of Optronix? No more of Sentinel Prime?
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

i dont think so.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Animus Prime
Everything else tends to get too complicated.

Complicated is good. Trying to work out the exact impact of Time Wars on established future history is a lot more rewarding, even when you're a kid, than trying to find meaning in B.O.T.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

I've managed to get issues 2-6 of the dreamwave G1 series from my nearest comic book store, now onto issue 4. I like the injokes featured in them, especially when we see Bumblebee in his small shuttle, which looks like his cybertronian alt mode from the cartoon episode MTMTE part 1 :D
"No matter the distance"
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah I returned to the fandom a few years back when I decided to download the g1 series. moving from that ive read the us/uk marvel runs and became a member of this site. If I didnt move on and just watched the cartoons I think it would have just been a passing fling than an avid fan of the universe/universesessese. Id advise you to check out the marvel comics (pretty much the original universe anyway) and beast wars. the original cartoon is vastly inferior to alot of transformers lore you can get your hands on.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Complicated is good. Trying to work out the exact impact of Time Wars on established future history is a lot more rewarding, even when you're a kid, than trying to find meaning in B.O.T.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, that's the thing I never got... while I doubt I got everything, I managed to follow most of the broad plotlines of something and labyrinthine as the UK comic when I was, what, 9? Born in '81, read it from '86-ish to cancellation, it started getting complicated from, what, '89 on? And then there's someone who at, at a guess, twice that age who found it too complicated? Ack.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

It is complicated to understand the background of a 332-ish series that came out 15 years ago, and which you might have never read beforehand. Mind you, not everyone had imported the Marvel UK run or bought the Titan trades.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's harder to follow now, when it's all avaliable one way or another, often quite simply [the Titan TPBs don't actually seem to have curbed the CD Roms on ebay] and guides and things are avaliable, plus many forums to ask questions, than it is for an eight year old, 11+/- pages a week/fortnight, where the only place you'd hope to see anything answered or explained was an increasingly evasive letters page? Wow, then it just concludes that I'm a genius, then.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I read all the UK issues a few years ago when they were still readily available online.....i have to go with cliffy on this one. it isnt *that* hard to follow.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I can't talk, I'm still confussed by the last Combat Colin story... ;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!