AllSpark & OTFCC To Initiate "Battle Protocol" (RID Profile Book)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

AllSpark & OTFCC To Initiate "Battle Protocol" (RID Profile Book)

Post by Bombshell »

From BWTF.com

There is a wonderful tradition in many fandoms of self-publishing works of art and fiction. In the old days of Transformers fandom, long before the internet was used as a way for fans to communicate ideas with each other, newsletters and fan magazines were the main source of Transformers fan publishing.

Fast forward to the 21st century, where fans have the internet and powerful art, writing and video tools at their disposal on their home computers. Throw in thirty-three dedicated fans and artists with the drive to cooperate with each other, and you have the recipe for Battle Protocol, a fan project to be released at OTFCC 2003.

The development of Battle Protocol began in October of 2002. Born out of "..a desire to make our own profiles book while allowing people to contribute, no matter their ability or skill level" according to project member Jake Isenberg. Battle Protocol will feature profiles on almost all the Robots in Disguise characters, including those who did not receive profiles during the toy line's release such as Nightcruz, Storm Jet, Dreadwind, Smokejumper, Optimus Primal and many, many more!

Anyone expecting just a bunch of paper stapled together is going to be disappointed. "The format will be a CD-ROM. it will be [in] pdf format and have an interactive menu. it will feature 60+ bios, bonus art, background wallpapers, and teasers for another Allspark project, Cybertronian chronicles." Jake explains.

When asked about the inspiration for the bios on Battle Protocol, Jake offers this "The bios for those who didn't have lengthy ones really all comes down to tying them into one another. We made a decision early on that we would make the bios fit together and mesh so that the whole of the bios would be able to be read in a way that makes it similar to a fanfic."

Artists brought on board for this project represent a wide range of skill level and talent, including Crosswire, Ngboy, Jackpot and Don Figueroa, who authorized some of his pre-Dreamwave comics work to be used in this exciting project.

Battle Protocol will be available at the Allspark table in the dealer's room at OTFCC, the official Transformers convention. OTFCC will be held at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, IL on July 26 and 27. Details may be found at:http://www.otfcc.com/

For those curious, the CD-ROM is free with the purchase of an art print. Prints will average at around $3.00.

So drop by to see what hard working fans can produce!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Will the allspark be offering it after the convention? I'm not going, but I love RID, so I'd like to get ahold of it.
The Spider
Protoform

Post by The Spider »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Will the allspark be offering it after the convention? I'm not going, but I love RID, so I'd like to get ahold of it.

Same here. I'd like to be able to get it, but right now I'm unable to go there this year.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime

I dunno, but seing as how most stuff sold at Botcon...OTFCC is usually available after the convention, unless they run out, I would think so.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

... and seeing as it's digitally avaliable...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I hope I can obtain a copy. I wish they had done a RID comic.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

R-I-D! R-I-D! R-I-D! R-I-D!
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero