MP-12T Tigertrack, MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak & MP-19 Smokescreen

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

MP-12T Tigertrack, MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak & MP-19 Smokescreen

Post by inflatable dalek »

Via the Allspark, the pre-order is now up on BBTS:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

It was suspected by many, but I'd say the odds on the black version and police car Red Alert following soon after just went up.

EDIT:

Ohhhh, and Prowl and Smokescreen coming as well:

REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

**** yes Prowl.

**** yes baby, **** yes.

Smokescreen's ace too. I suspect the reason he was put forward instead of Silverstreak was the popularity of Smokescreen in Prime.

Oh Prowl **** yes. My body was not ready for a licensed Fairlady Z.

Will preorder both as soon as they're up on HLJ.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

Plus, Bluestreak is just dull looking. Police deco and insane racing scheme FTW.
The Big Ragebowski

Post by The Big Ragebowski »

Just pre-ordered these 3 bad boys! Really hope they do a MP Bluestreak too, I'm old skool so I like the character! Definitely looking promising for MP Deepcover and Clampdown!

Would really love to see a MP Mirage, Wheeljakc and Hound!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing an MP Slag and Trailbreaker!
inflatable dalek

The question is, which version of Bluestreak should be Takara, which version Hasbro and which Ehobby?
The Big Ragebowski

For me, I would prefer cartoon accurate so black hood
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

The Big Ragebowski wrote:For me, I would prefer cartoon accurate so black hood
Me too.

MP Datsuns are making me very, very excited. :)
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

I want a green Bluestreak from that Marvel cover.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'm really liking where Masterpiece is going!

I'll wait for images before comitting to an order, but Smokescreen was a childhood fave so I'll almost certainly pick him up.

The mind boggles at the possibilities for the Masterpiece line now!

Sadly I'm guessing the issues with VW probably preclude an MP Bumblebee though...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I can't decide if a MP Tigertrack being made before Clamp Down or Deep Cover means:

a: Takara know already that they will definitely be making an MP Sunstreaker further down the line, which would surely hurt sales of the far less popular yellow Countach. Better flog Tigertrack now.

b:Takara know already that they will definitely NOT be making an MP Sunstreaker, so this is a sop to those who are happy using a yellow Sideswipe as Sunstreaker.

c. Diddly squat. Its just one of those things.

Ho hum. Hoping its option a though.
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

inflatable dalek wrote:The question is, which version of Bluestreak should be Takara, which version Hasbro and which Ehobby?
I would like to see the diaclone colours, blue down the side with a silver bonnet and roof. those colours are nicest. otherwise he's just shiny grey.

I'll be interested to see how Smokescreen fares against his still really good Binaltech toy.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I can't decide if a MP Tigertrack being made before Clamp Down or Deep Cover means:

a: Takara know already that they will definitely be making an MP Sunstreaker further down the line, which would surely hurt sales of the far less popular yellow Countach. Better flog Tigertrack now.

b:Takara know already that they will definitely NOT be making an MP Sunstreaker, so this is a sop to those who are happy using a yellow Sideswipe as Sunstreaker.

c. Diddly squat. Its just one of those things.

Ho hum. Hoping its option a though.
Clamp Down and Deep Cover are the police and black\blue variant, right?

I suppose Takara is after Sunstreaker, the license is good for two years before it must be re-purchased, so they want to pump Streaker out before that. So your assumption of putting the least popular yellow Lambor out stands.

CD and DC are probably off the table, if one is a police deco then that's already nearly covered by Red Alert while the other, black deco could benefit much more from a G2 Sideswipe. G2 established character will probably sell better than obscure character, right?

Streak will probably be close to cartoon colours, with a [maybe] e-hobby blue variant later.

I'm curious to see if Smokescreen will be covered in racing decals like the rally car or a watered-down cartoon model. Either way, he HAS to have that chin strap!

Oh it's never been easier to disregard mainlines for good now and just focus on MP figures.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

IIRC Clampdown is just a deco change, done by stickers on the original and thus not even really a repaint. I wouldn't be surprised to see him but only as some sort of insanely limited variant. The main reason Clampy and Deep Cover came out in the first place was that they'd been done as Diaclones.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:Oh it's never been easier to disregard mainlines for good now and just focus on MP figures.
I dunno - I've never enjoyed a mainline as much as Prime!

Difficult times...

Still, fortunate that the Beast Hunters figures offer only a limited few new characters/moulds.

Still to get round to buying an MP-11 Starscream. And the trouble with the new Masterpiece series is that it's leaving me thinking I should pick up MP-10 Convoy / Prime in some form as well, but he costs a fortune and I do already have MP-04...

I hope MP-13 Soundwave actually comes out soon - I have him and MP-12 Sideswipe in a single order, and really can't wait to get my hands on them both!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:IIRC Clampdown is just a deco change, done by stickers on the original and thus not even really a repaint. I wouldn't be surprised to see him but only as some sort of insanely limited variant. The main reason Clampy and Deep Cover came out in the first place was that they'd been done as Diaclones.
Takara's Red Alert is based on the cartoon model though, isn't it? Clampdown has the same plastic colours as the original Red Alert toy but that might make him sufficiently different from Cartoon Red that they'd consider him a viable option.

Masterpiece Datsuns are welcome news. I'd be really surprised if Smokescreen were good enough to displace the Alternator for me, since that's basically what I think of when I think "Smokescreen" nowadays. And Bluestreak is in the same boat. But a modern, good-quality G1-accurate Prowl would be a really nice thing to have. Neither the Alternator nor the Universe toy really cut it for me anymore, though I liked them enough at the time.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote:Takara's Red Alert is based on the cartoon model though, isn't it? Clampdown has the same plastic colours as the original Red Alert toy but that might make him sufficiently different from Cartoon Red that they'd consider him a viable option.
I would guess (hope, considering the ****ing price) that the markings would be tampo'd either way; was more making the point that Clampdown - as a fan character made up by a Japanese nerd that's yet to find any real legitimate way into the Transformers universe - existed because he was basically a reissue of an old Diaclone and the lack of that sort of backdoor appeal (see: eHobby's non-Diaclone based premiums) might be more of a problem this time around.

Will probably depend on just how much they want to rape the shit out of the mould, though. My gut feeling is that three figures from each are enough and Tigertrack's been selected from the made-up characters for the "I wonder if that means they're not doing Sunstreaker? Better buy him!" factor mentioned above. The Datsuns of course have it covered.

For Bluestreak I would say the cartoon version; it looks bloody tasty on the original. However, plain silver like the Alternator would be great if Takara actually have the chops to pull it off.

Mind, I'm not sure I'm going to be buying any of the range. I simply do not trust Takara with that amount of money, I cannot take the risk of paying through the nose for something which could have bad quality control - they're not Bandai, they're a bunch of corner-cutting cowboy morons. If we get an in-store UK release I can easily return if it turns out to be made of baked human shit or missing a wheel, maybe.
The Big Ragebowski

MP Soundwave is out now and mine is ready to be posted!!! Excited!!!!

The cassettes are next for me in March, then preordered the new guys, kinda wish I'd got the 4 seekers, Prime, Megatron and Grimlock now too......
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

numbat wrote:
I hope MP-13 Soundwave actually comes out soon - I have him and MP-12 Sideswipe in a single order, and really can't wait to get my hands on them both!
He was officially released today in Japan. Without noticing my HLJ order was paid and ready to ship today.

I have him and Red Alert coming my way, so I can see what you mean...though I already had Sideswipe since release.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Mind, I'm not sure I'm going to be buying any of the range. I simply do not trust Takara with that amount of money, I cannot take the risk of paying through the nose for something which could have bad quality control - they're not Bandai, they're a bunch of corner-cutting cowboy morons. If we get an in-store UK release I can easily return if it turns out to be made of baked human shit or missing a wheel, maybe.
This is the same for me. The lack of quality that MP Sideswipe has next the the old Binaltechs (which , admitedly, do look a little primitive these days) means i will be waiting to see if Hasbro release any of these. The lack of diecast parts and rubber wheels doesn't give the line that same quality factor that the BTs/ Alts had and they feel like...well, I dunno, its not exactly money for old rope, but doesn't seem especially 'Masterpiece' and more 'fancy deluxe toys'.

I'd feel odd about this as well if I was a geewun purist who'd bought all the CHUG characters thinking I was getting what I wanted from an updated G1 character and then have these fancy dan 'proper' updates waved in my face.

Hmm. A line that inspires some interesting thoughts and feelings. I am not sure what I make of it. Its kind of good,but I dunno...it just feels a bit cynical and there's such a glut of these being made available that it feels like a quick grab for fanboy cash before both the bottom drops out of the market and the buyer releases they now own upteen versions of the same character, that, licensing issues aside, look pretty similar at the end of the day. But this one looks like he did on that cheaply made cartoon show, so thats alright then.

Its Malibu Stacy with a new hat.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm kind-of happy with the G1 cars for most of this lot anyway; I've long ago made peace with the lack of articulation and some of the design eccenticities, and to someone who never really fell for the Classics thing (some people paid money for Smokescreen! Can you believe that? Look at him, he is a piece of shit! And Tracks! Ha! You might as well just turn up in Rhode Island with a sign saying "free blowjobs for Hasbro executives"...) there's a certain cachet to having the 'real' Trailbreaker or Skids I wanted as a kid that no update is going to match. The Smokescreen I have is the same as the one I transformed with help from my parents in a Reliant Kitten in a car park behind Woolies, and is the same chap bunged through a window by Inferno over Cybertron. What's there to upgrade to?

I can't actually see there being too much of a Western market for the things, though. Both reissues and Alternators have shown the line just doesn't have the depth to shift more than a couple of figures of this size and price to most collectors.