Official WrestleMania 23 thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Official WrestleMania 23 thread

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Well we're less than a week away from what looks like an interesting PPV. Certainly looking forward to it. This should be the final card, unless they decide to sneak other matches in. A cruiserweight championship match hopefully?

WWE Championship
John Cena (C) vs. HBK

Cena has held the championship for the majority of the last 2 years. I really can't see him holding it on much longer. This is HBK's last run at the championship, and I see him getting it one more time before retirement.

Winner: HBK

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (C) vs. The Undertaker

Taker will NEVER lose a WrestleMania, EVER. Easy pick.

Winner: The Undertaker

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. King Booka vs. Finlay vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy

This match will certainly steal the show. This time, it'll be 8 competitors instead of 6 like the previous two. My money is on Orton. I think it'll be his time to shine and even though Edge has never lost a WrestleMania, I think his time is due.

Winner: Randy Orton

Battle of the Billionaires
Umaga w/ Vinnie Mac vs. Bobby Lashley w/ the Don

As much as we would all like to see Trump lose his hair, it just won't happen. Easy pick here.

Winner: Bobby Lashley

United States Championship
Chris Benoit (C) vs. MVP

Benoit has class. He did the clean job to Cena on RAW last week and I think he'll do it again at WrestleMania to help put over MVP.

Winner: MVP

WWE Women's Championship
Melina (C) vs. Ashley

Ummm... Melina? Anyone care?

Winner: Melina

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Ugh man, talk about a lame match. How come we are going to suffer and watch this crapfest of a match over a Cruiserweight championship match? Where's the justice in that? The Great Khali is a ****in' joke! He's a next generation Gonzales. Remember him? Anyways, look for that loser to pull it out because HE'S A MONSTER!!!

Winner: The Great Khali

Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, RVD & Sabu (The ECW Originals) vs. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn (The New Breed)

Nice to know they have at least one ECW match. Hopefully, Joey Styles will get to call this match being his first WrestleMania. Anyways, this very well could be a fun match. Hopefully it'll live up to Hardcore wrestling. Look for the originals to win.

Winners: The ECW Originals
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

It's interesting that you think 'Taker and HBK will walk out champions. I've lost touch a bit but I assume HBKs reign will be thanks to HHH being injured. I'm surprised taker is in one. Is it one last reign before retirement? People have been saying that for 4 or 5 years now and they forget Rick Flair is still going (I think) as is Hogan.
dedicon
Protoform

Re: Official WrestleMania 23 thread

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron

WWE Championship
John Cena (C) vs. HBK

Cena. For some reason, he still looks like a weak champion, and winning HBK in the grand-daddy will hopefully make him look better.

Winner: Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (C) vs. The Undertaker

Taker will NEVER lose a WrestleMania, EVER. Easy pick.
I think so too.
Winner: The Undertaker

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. King Booka vs. Finlay vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy

I'll go with either Hardys. Its time for both to get elavated to the next leve, with Orton and Edge will probebly feud for the next 2 months or so.The rest aren't interasting, i hope Punk won't get it cause he is way overhyped.

Winner: Either Hardys

Battle of the Billionaires
Umaga w/ Vinnie Mac vs. Bobby Lashley w/ the Don

As much as we would all like to see Trump lose his hair, it just won't happen. Same

Winner: Bobby Lashley

United States Championship
Chris Benoit (C) vs. MVP

MVP is just not ready. Not yet anyway.

Winner: Benoit

WWE Women's Championship
Melina (C) vs. Ashley

Ashley. Playboy, nuff said.

Winner: Ashley

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Ugh man, talk about a lame match. How come we are going to suffer and watch this crapfest of a match over a Cruiserweight championship match? Where's the justice in that? The Great Khali is a ****in' joke! He's a next generation Gonzales. Remember him? Anyways, look for that loser to pull it out because HE'S A MONSTER!!!

I love kane, but he's only there to elavate some other trash,so...

Winner: The Great Khali

Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, RVD & Sabu (The ECW Originals) vs. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn (The New Breed)

2 Of the originals will be out of the company very soon, so i can't see them win. The new breed however...

Winners: The New Breed
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!