GAHHH!(another workplace rant thread)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
*BARRAGE*

GAHHH!(another workplace rant thread)

Post by *BARRAGE* »

... i will start by saying this- if you walk into a movie theater and bitch about the prices- just die for god's sake- y'know why we wear those idiotic uniforms? we have no solid power in the building, THATS WHY! do you walk into a baseball game and bitch- no- you know the prices are high, and you deal... isuggest a similar approach, like it or not...

next- its pronounced "rees-iz pee-siz" NOT "REE-SEES PEE-SEES" FOR GODS SAKE! IT'S "BUNCHA CRUNCH" NOT "CRUNCHY BUNCHA" OR ANY OTHER IDIOTIC WAY YOU SAY IT! LEARNT TO SPAKE ENGISH YISTERDAY, DIDJA?! YOU MORONS!

we changed our name 2 years ago... our prices went up then as well, you were in here last week and said the same thing, shut up...

I DIDN'T MAKE THE MOVIE, STOP BITCHING AT ME THAT CLOVERFIELD SUCKED! NO YOU CAN'T GET A DAMN REFUND! YOU WATCHED THE WHOLE THING!

REALLY! that movie was innapropriate for a 10 year old girl? MAYBE THATS WHY THE ****ER WAS RATED R, YOU DUMBASS!

*takes a breath*

I DON'T MAKE THE DECISIONS ON HOW MANY COMMERCIALS GO ON BEFORE HE DAMN MOVIE! STOP COMPLAINING TO ME!

STOP DROPPING YOUR ****IN KID OFF AND YELLING AT ME WHEN I KICK HIS STUPID THUG-WANNABE ASS OUT WHEN HE SNEAKS IN AND THREATENS TO "RUN UP ON ME"...

SHUT YOUR KID UP IN THE ****IN THEATER! DON'T TAKE YOUR TODDLER INTO AN ACTION MOVIE LIKE RAMBO, MORON!

IT'S NOT A POWER TRIP, YOU DON'T HAVE ID- AND I COULD LOSE MY JOB IF I LET YOU INTO AN R RATED MOVIE, YOU MIDDLESHOOL ****!

*takes another breath*

SPEAK ENGLISH! **** YOUR THUG SPEAK! I DON'T KNOW WHAT "the haps on at thang rit thur, dat big ang thur, ya knawmain?" IS! IT"S NOT $%#@&! ENGLISH! AND THEN DON"T SAY THE EXACT SAME THING WHEN I SAY I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOU! AND TURN YOUR HAT FORWARD, PULL YOUR PANTS UP, AND TURN OFF YOUR CELLPHONES MUSIC PLAYER WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO SOMEONE! BUY A SHIRT THAT FITS YOU!

SHUT THE **** UP IN THE THEATER! %$#!@!!!

I DON'T CARE IF YOU BUY YOUR KID A TICKET! YOU HAVE TO ACCOMPANY A MINOR INTO THE THEATER AND REMAIN THERE! IT'S A %$#!@ STATE LAW!

PICK THE **** UP AFTER YOURSELF! DON"T LEAVE YOUR SHIT AND TELL YOUR KIDS "that's what they get paid for, just leave it" AND WALK AWAY! DON"T HAND ME YOUR ****IN TRASH! TAKE THE $#%@ CARE OF IT!

*begins gasping*
IDIOT...*GASP*....STUPID...JACKASSES...

*passes out from rage*

(*BARRAGE* would like to clarify that he likes his job, the little things just randomly seem to get his nerves some days...)
HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

*BARRAGE* wrote:PICK THE **** UP AFTER YOURSELF! DON"T LEAVE YOUR SHIT AND TELL YOUR KIDS "that's what they get paid for, just leave it" AND WALK AWAY! DON"T HAND ME YOUR ****IN TRASH! TAKE THE $#%@ CARE OF IT!
Agree with most of what you're angry about. But yeah, whenever I go see a movie in the theatre I just leave all the garbage under the seat. Doesn't everybody?
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I love the cinema....

Went to see Sweeney Todd which is an 18 in the UK and went in to the screen and there werent many people there, but there was a bunch of teenagers, like 15, 16 who obv werent meant to be there, a coupla seconds after we came in one of the staff came and kicked them out and ask the kids were leaving one of them went

"YER BUT IM 16"

at which point i jus shouted out

"you f****** idiot its an 18"

On the other side, the complaining side.

The cinema screens used to be pitch black once the film started, no lights on in the room at all, then all of a sudden about 8 months ago they started having a small row of lights running down the ceiling above the steps from the top end of the seating to the floor, at first I bitched about it a little bit (for like 10 mins) and it was incredibly distracting at first.

Then I had time to think, figured someone may have fallen down the steps and obviously to comply with health and safety the cinema would have to be seen as making an effort to stop it happening again, so they have to have the lights on now.

My mate jus didnt get this, he felt it was a personal slight on him, he jus kept bitching about it and he even went "oh well, im gonna go and ask for my money back, this is rubbish" (seriously tho, the lights were tiny and didnt take long to get used to)

I jus turned to him, cos hed annoyed me at this point and went "listen, if they dont have those lights on someone could fall down, break their leg and these guys could get sued, I dont think they give a damn about your £7"

I jus hate it when people think they should be in personal control of the atmosphere and stuff of the ciinema
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Blitzwing wrote:Agree with most of what you're angry about. But yeah, whenever I go see a movie in the theatre I just leave all the garbage under the seat. Doesn't everybody?
Yeah. That's what they're paid for.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Sixswitch wrote:Yeah. That's what they're paid for.
A little common courtesy, decency, and responsibility goes a long way. That is why there are trash cans located in theatre complexes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Zeeks wrote:A little common courtesy, decency, and responsibility goes a long way. That is why there are trash cans located in theatre complexes.
Hey, I'll take my tray to the garbage if I'm eating at a food court, or at a fast food restaurant. But people have been leaving their popcorn bags, etc, on the floors of movie theatres forever. It's just always been that way. Same deal with sporting events.
Clay

Post by Clay »

*BARRAGE* wrote:REALLY! that movie was innapropriate for a 10 year old girl? MAYBE THATS WHY THE ****ER WAS RATED R, YOU DUMBASS!
Yes.

A thousand times, yes.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Blitzwing wrote:But people have been leaving their popcorn bags, etc, on the floors of movie theatres forever. It's just always been that way.
That doesn't mean it's not lazy and inconsiderate of you to do it.

I'm not saying I don't leave my garbage on the theater floor. I do most of the time, I also acknowledge that I'm being lazy and inconsiderate when I do it.

Yeah, that is part of what they get paid for but only because people are lazy and inconsiderate. Just like a janitor is paid to clean up after someone who's shit all over the wall of a public bathroom. It doesn't make it all right for everybody to go shit all over the wall of a public bathroom though...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

*BARRAGE* wrote: IT'S "BUNCHA CRUNCH" NOT "CRUNCHY BUNCHA"
Neither is English...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I can't believe people who leave their garbage in the theater. I always throw mine out in the trashcan conveniently located RIGHT BESIDE THE ****ING EXIT DOOR! Do you guys litter, too?

I'm usually very polite to people in the service industry, because I realize it's a really, really shitty career to be stuck in. **** up my order at a fast food restaurant and get snippy when I ask you to change it, and it's another story, though.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hound wrote:That doesn't mean it's not lazy and inconsiderate of you to do it.

**snip**

Yeah, that is part of what they get paid for but only because people are lazy and inconsiderate. Just like a janitor is paid to clean up after someone who's shit all over the wall of a public bathroom. It doesn't make it all right for everybody to go shit all over the wall of a public bathroom though...
Quoted for truth. Especially since I was a janitor. Didn't enjoy that at all especially the used tampon stuck to the ceiling. Really, is it so hard to throw trash away in the can on your way out?
*BARRAGE* wrote:REALLY! that movie was innapropriate for a 10 year old girl? MAYBE THATS WHY THE ****ER WAS RATED R, YOU DUMBASS!
This reminds me of the mother who brought her five-year-olds in to watch South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. When they started the movie with "uncle****er", the reaction was utterly priceless and totally unbelievable of her stupidity.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Y'know what, I never really thought twice about leaving my popcorn bag and drink container beside my seat. I've been doing it forever, as well...

I think I'll start taking my trash with me now. But yeah, I hear you on most of those points- you should hear my bf complain about the amount of flak he gets from underage kids when they are ID'd for mature-rated games at the games store he works at on the weekends.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

We always take our trash.

So the staff don't know we've broken the rules by bringing our own sweets and drinks in.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

*BARRAGE* wrote:Silly rant that could apply to any job in the service industry

Then get out of the service industry. Customers don't care.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . never did take my trash, since that was pretty much all the ushers got paid for at the theater I worked in, aside from the one or two who took tickets. Otherwise they'd just hide in a random theater and watch a movie until they were needed. That came straight from a bunch of my friends who were ushers. Sometimes they'd have to change the syrup for soda, but a lot of that was done by the concessionists. I'll attempt to keep that in mind when I go to a theater that I didn't work at.

I definitely have to repeat your comment about the prices. Don't like it? Don't buy it. One guy even told me that I should be "ashamed to work for such an establishment." Because there were so many choices for a high school student in my town, right?

Yeah, service industry sucks like no one's business.
Sir Auros wrote:I'm usually very polite to people in the service industry, because I realize it's a really, really shitty career to be stuck in.
That's very rare in a customer, so I have to say I appreciate that. Even in a semi-professional service job, most people will treat you like trash or hassle you when you're up to your neck in work and really don't need that crap right now.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Sociopathic Autobot wrote:Then get out of the service industry. Customers don't care.
I disagree with this statement for the simple reason that I am a customer, and I care about responsibility. Am I perfect? Absolutely not. But I do endeavor to take personal responsibility in my life. And yes, I do empty my trash in proper recepticles, whether at the movie theatre or any other public place for that matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sociopathic Autobot wrote:Then get out of the service industry. Customers don't care.
^This.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hound wrote:It doesn't make it all right for everybody to go shit all over the wall of a public bathroom though...
Waitwaitwait... when was this decided?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sociopathic Autobot wrote:Customers don't care.
Equally, some of us aren't wankers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Reminds me that at my workplace in the bathroom there is a note from the cleaner saying

"if youre lazy enough to aim your paper towels from 5 steps away and miss, how about just putting them in the bin?"