trilobitepictures
Protoform

Robot-mode Bumblebee...?

Post by trilobitepictures »

"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

This makes me kind of worried about that Starscream pic we saw a while back. This Bumblebee seems to be in the same sort of style as that pic (not that he's a monkey...just exposed, I guess would be the word).

I wonder if we'll see any 'bots in upcoming trailer...probably not, I guess.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

You can see his moveable parts and crap, thats pretty lame.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Promising... It's difficult to tell froma hunched-over top-half bit of animatronics, but I do like the ethics behind it.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Oh, Primus! The background is right for the recent movie shoot we have previously been directed to, so this isn't an alien autopsy - alright, so it might be, considering you can see inside Bumblebee. There doesn't appear to be enough moveable external armour to cover his 'nudity', but the guy in the shot does appear to be working on the model, so mustn't jump to conclusions.

Or it could be someone thinks it's cool to show us, in the CGI shots, how the transformation process really works (read as: ooohhh, look what I can do!) and this foreshadows that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Camarobot
Protoform

Post by Camarobot »

Hmmmm....I dunno, I kinda like it.
I'll have to see the whole robot to really tell though, but from that I think I could live with it.
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Can't really tell because he's hunched over, but it looks good from what I can see.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

If this is the movie version of the 'bee then I'm suffering mixed opinions. Kind like it but at the same time I'm annoyed at the pretty obvious Japanese influences. His shoulders and forearm plating looks so much like that of the machines from Evangelion thats its unreal. Judgement awaiting...
Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If they've gone of the realistic Transformation thing, which would be my guess especially if that's kosher, there're going to be panels that go on there somewhere, even if he's largely a Shellformer. I've never really minded that whole Car Brother/Alternator robotic limb vibe, and I think it'd work better for live action than boxy limbs - just as long as the robot mode doesn't involve all recognisable alt mode features folding away or anything.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I've never really minded that whole Car Brother/Alternator robotic limb vibe, and I think it'd work better for live action than boxy limbs - just as long as the robot mode doesn't involve all recognisable alt mode features folding away or anything.

I can see what you mean, I cant see the boxxy arms working in RL! Hmmmm but then I wasnt a fan of the 'car-brothers' despite owning X-Brawn. The Alt style looks good though for most of the molds, looking at the least fathomable...just have to wait and see.
Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I've never really minded that whole Car Brother/Alternator robotic limb vibe, and I think it'd work better for live action than boxy limbs - just as long as the robot mode doesn't involve all recognisable alt mode features folding away or anything.
Which is kind of what the Starscream model looked like to me. Nothing in robot form really hinted at his alt form (except for the canoppy on his chest). I'd like them to keep some semblance of their alt forms.

The Alternator/Binaltech type of transformation would be preferred in my opinion, but it's hard to tell if that's what this is or not.

Also, everyone keeps saying "hunched over." Is that what he is? Or is he on his back? (which is what I thought when first looking at it)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Camarobot
Protoform

Post by Camarobot »

Also, everyone keeps saying "hunched over." Is that what he is? Or is he on his back? (which is what I thought when first looking at it)

According to those reports from extras, they capture Bumblebee and tie him up on a flatbed, so I assume he's lying down on his back.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by AutobotJazz
If this is the movie version of the 'bee then I'm suffering mixed opinions. Kind like it but at the same time I'm annoyed at the pretty obvious Japanese influences. His shoulders and forearm plating looks so much like that of the machines from Evangelion thats its unreal. Judgement awaiting...

Umm thanks to the japanese influences friend, we get a lot of the good art we do today of the transformers. I hate to speak blaspheme, but the japanese improved the transformers by mixing in their own ideology into it... Sad to say this, but being biased against Japanese influence or any influence at all shows ignorance honestly. IT"S ****ING science fiction, in these flicks, anything is possible! Case closed for me, waiter check please.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Really hard to pin this one down.. but, again, I just feel that this movie would have been better served as NOT Transformers, and just something else... 'Bumblebee' really reinforces this view for me.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Really hard to pin this one down.. but, again, I just feel that this movie would have been better served as NOT Transformers, and just something else... 'Bumblebee' really reinforces this view for me.

Mr. TfVanguard, your point is honestly good :) That way we wouldn't have people moaning and groaning how this isn't "traditional" Transformers. to how they would want.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

What's all this about Japanese influence? Last I checked, the toys came from Japan in the first place. If anything, it's a Japanese product with an American influence.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
What's all this about Japanese influence? Last I checked, the toys came from Japan in the first place. If anything, it's a Japanese product with an American influence.

Yeh, but Don Glut was what made Transformers so awesome. Sod this fresh ideas lark, they should just release The Ultimate Doom to cinemas because it was so awesome.

****ing luddites.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffy, I'm seriously beginning to believe that if someone released Judge Dread as 'Transformers: The Movie' and called the ABC Robot 'Megatron', you would hail it as the best Transformers thing ever.

I mean, honestly, are you a fan of anything in this franchise? Or just whatever's 'new' that has the word 'Transformers' smacked on it?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Retro, retro! Pax! If we all want to argue influence, I'll chuck the UK in there, too!

The model is pretty awesome. It's brill that we have these shots of it. It may be a new design for Bumblebee, but that's really nothing new after all, since we have seen several artists treat this character differently, plus there's Goldbug to think about (but, if he's no longer a VW, the joke is dead). We have moved on here and it has to look good on the big screen. It is Transformers, TFVanguard, but not quite as we know it. Let us await the movie before we decide to pan it, and other TFArchivers, on what little we actually have managed to glean so far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

It is Transformers, TFVanguard, but not quite as we know it. Let us await the movie before we decide to pan it, and other TFArchivers, on what little we actually have managed to glean so far.

My concern is at two seperate levels, actually.

1) If it's 'not as we know it', how far removed from Transformers as we know it must it be before it's just NOT Transformers anymore. And, of course, is there a point where this tie-in-names-only works against both the franchise AND the movie? It looks like things are headed in that direction.. which begs the question 'Why make it Transformers?'

2) The movie quality itself. Even if it's 'not really Transformers', it needs to be a good action movie. Sadly, I'm not holding out a LOT of hope here. The script sounds anemic, the actor choices have been less than inspiring, and - face it - we're getting the same quality of people that brought us 'Catwoman' and other such films. As such, it's hard to get excited about.