Headmasters DVD cover artwork

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Headmasters DVD cover artwork

Post by Chris McFeely »

As reported on TheTransformers.Net, the cover artwork for the upcoming UK DVD release of "Transformers: Headmasters" has been posted at Metrodome's messageboard, featuring new artwork from Andy Wildman. In my opinion, it's far and away the the best piece of art they've had commissioned for them.

If you're not a member of the boards, you can just check it out here.check it out here.
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

I don't wanna sound like the proverbial turd in the punchbowl...but YUCK!
Looks like a page out of a coloring book that someone did with pastels!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Well I actually like it. I didn't like what they used for the movie but I like this. The only thing that I don't like is the text at the top (would have preferred it smaller and below The Transformers logo) and the space background but there is nothing majorly wrong with it.

Still lookin forward to it.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well I like it, definately superior to a lot of the Titan covers. The only thing I don't like (and it was the previous DVD company who started this) is calling it Takara... After all, it would be like calling the American shows Transformers Hasbro... Of course, they've got to call it somthing to differenciate it from the US stuff, and I can't think of anything better, so it's a very minor niggle.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Orion1
Protoform

Post by Orion1 »

Is the DVD going to be dubbed in english, and if so, who will provide the voices?
"No matter the distance"
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

It will have the original Japanese audio and english subtitles.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

And for laughs only, the hilarious bad StarTV English dub.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

bit of a shmae no dub but subtitles are better then nothing-still can't see Andy Wildmans Image can someone help??

Thanks
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Originally posted by The Original Chris
And for laughs only, the hilarious bad StarTV English dub.

Are you really an idiot fallenone, or did you never take reading lessons.

Chris stated in the post above yours that it WILL have the dub as well

And if you want the image either view the links or sign up on metrodome's message board.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

the dvd set will be worth it. I got a copy yesterday that plays in the usa. The dubbing and the incorrect names are a bother at first, but after the first six the only ones that are a bother are sparkle for spike and new soundwave for soundblaster. Also It was great to see Hound, Sunstreaker, side Swipe, Prowl, and Tracks again.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by DrEvil
Are you really an idiot fallenone, or did you never take reading lessons.

Chris stated in the post above yours that it WILL have the dub as well

And if you want the image either view the links or sign up on metrodome's message board.

The dubbing is a bad english dub, I know it because I have it. The previous notes stated that it was badly jubbed japenese, so that can be excused. Please stop the name calling and lets all try to be polite and civil to each other.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Next month I'll be to UK. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to find it and perhaps I'll be able of buying it.
Or I'll be unlucky enough to find any other mercharndise or toy or dvd or Titan comic that never will come to Spain and then I should buy it!

Oh dear, I'll be in banckrupcy! :(
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

sorry it was late and i was tired! :glance: but it would have been better with good dubs not thge crap one
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

In a word, bland. A bit too much dead space, considering all the characters they could've stuck on... some of the existing Japanese material looks so much better, such as the full-length version of this would have looked better. I don't seem to be able to find some of the stuff I have on my HD online, but I've not really looked too hard. Anyway, that's technically not bad for a recent Wildman, but it's got that odd Panini "brightly coloured but washed out somehow" look to it.

Basically could have looked more interesting with the smaller Headmasters, Rodimus Convoy, Galvatron etc. in the background.