A question for the mods and admins

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Ulticron
Protoform

A question for the mods and admins

Post by Ulticron »

I thought my Direct Connect was messed up but it isn't. I can't log into the TFArchive hub for some reason. I'm not sharing NE bad content, an honestly i haven't downloaded much of NEthing in the past few days or so. I'm hosting wads of TF eps, so what gives? You guys haven't banned me have you, or is it just some kinda bad connection problem w/ure hub?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Shouldn't ths be in Questions About the Website?
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

yep...i'm moving it over there...the big man should be able to answer this for you sir!
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Originally posted by Galvatron91

yep...i'm moving it over there...the big man should be able to answer this for you sir!

Thanx, i wanna find out cause honestly i like hangin in that hub.

[Edit] Maybe it is me the same freaky crap is happening at the rattrap hub now *sigh*, i need to work on this blasted computer tmm, there goes another day off down the toilet *L*.

But seriously though you guys haven't banned me right?
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Na it's happening to me as well.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I haven't personally been having problems with it, but I don't know what the story is for you guys. I'd PM TFArchive himself with questions about the situation, as he hardly ever browses the board these days.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Like 30 minutes after I posted I couldn't get in, I got back in. And I'v been fine with it ever since. :)
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I was doing great except for one point last nite where all the names in the hub dissappeared, my downloads an uploads kept goin so i was like. "I'll jes minimize this an hope when i bring it back up later everything will be alright." Which it was so alls well. I'm guessin it's a server to server problem nuttin more nuttin less.
Lomar4976
Protoform

Post by Lomar4976 »

I dunno about anyone else, but I do tend to get random disconnects when I leave the program on for a long length of time (i.e. when I go out for the day, I tend to leave the PC connected, and I come back to find ive been discon and recon up to 5 times.)

I think its based on if your overall transfer activity goes too low (i.e. if no one is connecting to you, or if youre not connected to anyone) you stand a greater chance of being booted - though I dont know how some of the users can stay on 24/7 and not have a problem... i suppose it could be a packet loss problem or something.
[UK-ADSL]Lomar4976 from TFArchive's Direct Connect Hub

Come join us at DC Hub: tfarchivedc.dyn.dhs.org
Gohzt!
Protoform

Post by Gohzt! »

Originally posted by Lomar4976
I dunno about anyone else, but I do tend to get random disconnects when I leave the program on for a long length of time (i.e. when I go out for the day, I tend to leave the PC connected, and I come back to find ive been discon and recon up to 5 times.)
I've been getting that too!

Maybe because so many new ppl are coming on now..
________
ford boss 302 engine
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I'm more or less fine now, the problem was partly cause windows was dying, but it still happens on Xtremely a lesser level, i'd wager Lomar4976 theory is probably part of it too. Personally my suggestion is if u've got DSL reformat once a month for heavens sake *L*.