Hi guys, new member

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ismellicecream
Protoform

Hi guys, new member

Post by ismellicecream »

Hey all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. MY name is Robbie and I'm 31. Been a fan of tf since g1 but lost most of my transformers many years ago, except for a few boxed. I have suddenly got the urge to start collecting again and have been like a maniac on ebay etc - hoping to get a big collection soon. I am particulary fond of alternators/binaltech. My 3 year old daughter is also a fan, her fav characters are Arcee and Hot Rod.

Other than transformers, I work as a game designer, so obviously I like games. I also like all the usual stuff - movies, football (soccer) and so on.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Welcome aboard. Any favourite types of / particular film(s)?
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

Hi Denyer.

I pretty much love all movies except romcoms. I particulary like Michael Mann/Scorsese movies. Spielberg is amazing. Not too much of a sci-fi fan as a rule, but I like the original star wars trilogy, I'm really into 80's movies - goonies, lost boys etc, and cheesy 80's horror. TV wise I only really watch the shield and 24. Just watching the first series of life on mars now which is pretty cool.

I dont know the general feeling on this forum but I didnt think the michael bay tf movie was too bad.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I loved it. Did exactly what it said on the tin, and "Taking the children was a bad move" has entered my vocabulary.

Welcome aboard! I won't do the "a board" joke, last time I did the person I was welcoming ran off...
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

ismellicecream wrote:
I dont know the general feeling on this forum but I didnt think the michael bay tf movie was too bad.

Some people liked it...some didn't. But, that's just the way it is.;-)

And if you liked "Life on Mars" check out Simm's role in Doctor Who as the Master. :wave:

And welcome to the forums. :D
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

hey there welcome to the forums i myself am a huge fan of the 80s tf toons

"we are all a little wiser now from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on" the return of optimusprime
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Chromia wrote: And if you liked "Life on Mars" check out Simm's role in Doctor Who as the Master. :wave:
Yes. It's certainly a novel way of contracting clinical depression.
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

Hi guys,

Dont worry I wont run off - although you will probably notice I will post loads then barely post for a week or two, that just seems to be my cycle.

Not really into dr who - I tried the first episode with christopher eccleston in it, but couldnt really get into - has it changed since then? I liked it when I was a kid though :)
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yes. It's certainly a novel way of contracting clinical depression.

Hey! I love Doctor Who....:p
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Chromia wrote:Hey! I love Doctor Who....:p
I loved Doctor Who, most likely before you'd even heard of it. This is why I despise John Simm's Master.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Welcome aboard. My name is..well Kali. I hope you enjoy your stay here. We have quite a motley crew of members, you will have to get used to the way some bicker back and forth, but we are mostly like a large dysfunctional family who like to tease each other at times ;)

I'm a fan of 80's movies in general as well as a huge horror film buff in general. I'm also into Transformers of course, and really enjoy the new Animated series quite a lot. I have to admit being a Doctor Who fan as well, but think Tom Baker was pretty much the best incarnation at this point.

What type of games do you design out of curiosity?
ismellicecream
Protoform

Post by ismellicecream »

Hi kali, yeah I enjoy a bit of banter so it should be cool.

I am a video game designer, fairly new job for me, I was a games tester for a few years before that - I am currently on loan to another company working on motorstorm 2, then I'm not too sure whats next, but it will be great regardless :D
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Cool deal, that was my dream job when I was still in high school and I fantasized about designing Neo-Geo fighting games and SNES titles. Kinda showing my age here aren't I?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Welcome. :)
ismellicecream wrote:although you will probably notice I will post loads then barely post for a week or two, that just seems to be my cycle.
Ah, if only more people were like you. ;)
Not really into dr who - I tried the first episode with christopher eccleston in it, but couldnt really get into - has it changed since then? I liked it when I was a kid though :)
It's improved. Current series isn't brilliant, but it's not the same animal as when Chris Ecclescake was in the role.

Tends to suffer from stunt-casting at the expense of actually sensible scripts at times. Unfortunately a lot of people will overlook things making no sense, because it's got somebody they recognise from Eastenders in it.
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

OMG!! your from liverpool too!! *high five* and your a game designer that is on like my list of cool jobs... nice to meet you :P

I hang round the chat and do abit of football with my mates from time to time:swirly:
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Heya, ismellicecream, welcome to the TFA. Nice to meet ya. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Did he just say Motorstorm 2? I FREAKING LOVED THE FIRST ONE.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

optimusprme wrote:hey there welcome to the forums i myself am a huge fan of the 80s tf toons
He's serious here. Welcome!:wave: I liked Transformers as well (not to be confused with The Transformers: The Movie, which also rocked). If you don't believe me, then my list of the Transformers Movie figures may back up my claim.:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Clay

Post by Clay »

You seem literate. Welcome :)
ismellicecream wrote:I am particulary fond of alternators/binaltech.
Indeed.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Hello, I am Sunstreaker2, quite possibly the youngest person on this forum. It's nice to meet you.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.